PDA

View Full Version : New Paddle Design for the Shrifter® Paddle Shifter

Steve Chryssos
03-20-2013, 11:40 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Commemorating our NINTH year of selling paddle shifters for hot rods, we've developed a new paddle style and called it the "D-9". Available as an option, the D-9 paddle sign features additional profiling and machining detail to complement some of the trick new steering wheels that have come out lately such as Billet Specialties D-Shaped Collection where thin spokes and hollow spokes, really let the paddle shifters show through. Our original Super Sport paddles are still available and work best with steering wheels that have spokes in the traditional "9 and 3" position. Super Sport pic shown below.

We offer our paddle shifters in brushed, black anodized, and fully show polished for A4 electronic autos. We're the first, and to our knowledge, the only company producing a paddle shifter, called ShrifterSix™ for GM's 6L80E and 6L90E transmissions.

We haven't added the new paddle option to our website yet. I was just too excited to wait any longer. Look for them online after the weekend or give us a call. We always love talking cars!
Thanks,
Steevo

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Rod
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Very nice! I have thought about changing form stick to auto for the quickness of the shifts and of course the paddles

Steve Chryssos
03-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, or just to bench race. I dig your web articles -- and your car.
Steve

Rod
03-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks Steve! I will my Car (Plain Jane) is going under the knife at the end of the year for a HUGE face lift, New paint color, Anvil kicked in some parts, Ridetech Kicked in some parts along with Hotchkis, and a few others! it will be a whole new car, and I was thinking about a Trans and shifter upgrade

MrQuick
03-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Nice work Steve, Im glad to see you are still in the game and continuing to innovate.

I have another idea for you. Sensors in your helmet to actuate shifting by body movment. Eye brow twitch, head nod or?

Steve Chryssos
03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Involuntary gear changes. Why didn't I think of that?

Wait! What about a Tourette's shifter?

Rod
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
What about a Tourette's shifter?

Mary would be the fastest shifter around! LOL:lmao:

srh3trinity
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
That is a nice clean design. I have always wanted a shrifter, I need to make it happen.

CarlC
03-27-2013, 09:40 PM
That's a very slick design Steve. If I ever go auto......

See you in May?

GRNOVA
03-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Steve, are the Paddles interchangeable? Will they bolt up to the Super Sport? if so I want a set!!-

Steve Chryssos
03-28-2013, 06:24 AM
That is a nice clean design. I have always wanted a shrifter, I need to make it happen. Thanks!

Steve Chryssos
03-28-2013, 06:26 AM
That's a very slick design Steve. If I ever go auto......

See you in May?

Absolutely. Call ahead if you need some racer tape or sumthin'.

Steve Chryssos
03-28-2013, 06:27 AM
Steve, are the Paddles interchangeable? Will they bolt up to the Super Sport? if so I want a set!!-

Yes, the new D-9 paddles are interchangeable with the standard Super Sports design.

csouth
04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Very nice design Steve!

Steve Chryssos
04-08-2013, 05:37 AM
Thanks!

Truckzilla
04-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey Steve, I'm going to be running a 6L80 in my pro-touring dually. I need a Shrifter Six with the D-9 paddles in black. Do I need to call you on Monday to see what you've got?

Larry

Steve Chryssos
04-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Please do. I should be at my desk all day.

1989GTA
04-15-2013, 08:43 AM
I am installing and L92/6L80 in my 1965 Buick Skylark. I have brought the purple wire from the transmission into the dash area incase I want to go the TUTD route. Can't remember the pin number on the transmission connector off hand. Steve, do you see any problems going with your system? Is there anything else I need to do to make the installation easier?

Steve Chryssos
04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Pin 7. Most installs are going smoothly. After all, we're really just providing a fancy lookin' two channel RF switch. :twothumbs There have been some challenges depending on who built the car's wiring harness.

1989GTA
04-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Pin 7. Most installs are going smoothly. After all, we're really just providing a fancy lookin' two channel RF switch. :twothumbs There have been some challenges depending on who built the car's wiring harness.

I am using the factory 2009 Escalade harness with a few mods such as adding the TUTD wire and deleting the rear O2 sensor wiring and a couple of others that I do not need.

SShep71
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Steve,
Will the paddles work with a 09 Pontiac G8?

Truckzilla
04-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey Steve, I will dig out the box with the new harness and look for the purple wire when I get home tonight. I'll let you know what I find. It was good talking to you today!

Truckzilla
04-15-2013, 02:06 PM
On the above question about the Pontiac G8, I wonder if the Holden (the Australian GM company that rebadged it into a Pontiac for that brief spell before GM lost its mind and killed off it's subsidiaries) steering column is much different from a standard late splined GM column as far as the steering wheel attachment style? I know looking at the 2008 that I got my engine and trans from, that steering column was pretty trick in how it articulated for tilt and all! I know that it is an air-bag wheel. I would have picked it up if I didn't already have a '90s tilt column that is a direct bolt-in already.

Truckzilla
04-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Hey Steve, I opened up the box and I'm far from being impressed by the harness. None of the connections are labeled and the instructions are so rudimentary as to be a waste of paper. I have no idea of why this company was being so over hyped. I could have gotten one from a named company for probably the same price and would have gotten instructions at least.
Anyway, of the 2 wires with a tag, one said brake switch and the other one said paddle shifter. So at least that answers that mystery question. I just hope the harness works and wasn't a mistake. I can see hours and hours being used in trying to see if this connector fits where!

Steve Chryssos
04-16-2013, 06:03 AM
I am using the factory 2009 Escalade harness with a few mods such as adding the TUTD wire and deleting the rear O2 sensor wiring and a couple of others that I do not need.

Sounds like you are tweaking your own harness. I have not tried one, but the Escalade TCM's do not have a proper "performance" calibration. It'll need to be reprogrammed as a vette, Camaro, or other performance application. From there, we can supply a paddle shifter with the correct sub harness or advice on how to bridge the gap.
Thanks,
Steve

Steve Chryssos
04-16-2013, 06:06 AM
Steve,
Will the paddles work with a 09 Pontiac G8?

We don't typically support airbag equipped vehicles for on road use. If this is a track day, it is possible to cut the center out of a spare steering wheel (for it's splined bore) and adapt it to our universal model with basic hardware. An aftermarket steering wheel will be needed as well.

Steve Chryssos
04-16-2013, 06:10 AM
Hey Steve, I opened up the box and I'm far from being impressed by the harness. None of the connections are labeled and the instructions are so rudimentary as to be a waste of paper. I have no idea of why this company was being so over hyped. I could have gotten one from a named company for probably the same price and would have gotten instructions at least.
Anyway, of the 2 wires with a tag, one said brake switch and the other one said paddle shifter. So at least that answers that mystery question. I just hope the harness works and wasn't a mistake. I can see hours and hours being used in trying to see if this connector fits where!

Perhaps the builder can hang with you on the phone, while you label each connector and make a list (Do both). Regardless, if the paddle shifter wiring had been included, you are heading in the right direction. We'll be happy to accommodate you and work with you throughout the process.

1989GTA
04-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Sounds like you are tweaking your own harness. I have not tried one, but the Escalade TCM's do not have a proper "performance" calibration. It'll need to be reprogrammed as a vette, Camaro, or other performance application. From there, we can supply a paddle shifter with the correct sub harness or advice on how to bridge the gap.
Thanks,
Steve

Yes, I am tweaking the factory harness. The car should be up and running soon and I will take it in and get the TCM reprogramed to probably the Corvette tune. Thanks for the info and I will get back with you down the road when I am ready to install the TUTD feature.

Steve Chryssos
04-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Cool..... Yeah, the Corvette tune is preferred, for sure.

68EFIvert
04-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the help today Steve. I can't wait to get the torque converter and paddle shifter. I think you are right about the new design paddles looking better with my steering wheel than the old style.

Truckzilla
04-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Hey Steve, any idea of when that Shriftersix in black with the D-9 paddles I ordered will ship?

Larry