PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth again

Twentyover
03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
First I realize it's only worth what the buyer is willing to pay.That said...

I encountered a deal to good to pass up, a direction change. A 65 elCamino in storage for the last 15 years ame my way at a killer price. But to get it, and keep my wife happy (that means non-homicidal), I need to sell the 84 elCamino. Keep the universe in balance, the force will remain undisturbed. Rather than spend another 6 months getting it read, I want to move it now.

The car: 84 elCamino, California car (boughtit in Simi in 2002 when I lived there.) Burned through some of the vacuum harness for the A/C when an exhaust check valve failed. Started a manual transmission conversion, lost my job, moved to MI Towed to MI and put in the big (dry) garage, Haven't touched it since.

84 elamino
No transmission
Uncracked dash
Pretty much stock
And no rust.
Stock seat missing

There is a MINOR scrape where I turned too tight at a gas pump towing to MI- can be rubbed out by a paintless dent repair guy.

Any estimates of what I should ask for it. Any additional information that would help in establishing value

vintageracer
03-17-2013, 08:06 AM
In Michigan NO RUST is a big deal. In California is just another old rough El Camino.

In California I would tell you $1000.

As the car is now in Michigan I would ask $1900 or something a little less than $2K since the car is no rust and already transported most of the way to the East Coast.

The dash alone will bring $300 since it is not cracked.

Go find a JY seat and core transmission install them in the car and ask $2500!