PDA

View Full Version : I Knew What I Wanted Before I Knew What I Wanted

Rod
03-13-2013, 02:31 PM
My latest story! on the Bangshift web site

I Knew What I Wanted Before I Knew What I Wanted

Apparently I knew I wanted a Pro-Touring car before the term was really even coined. In 1996 I was looking through a Hot Rod Magazine seeing all sorts of cars that just really caught my eye. Cars built to “run on the ragged edge” – the issue was, in fact, dedicated to such cars. What I saw in that magazine prompted me to set it aside. I have not kept a lot of things for this many years other than tools and friends, but I have kept a small collection of about 40 magazines that just can’t part with. (No, not the SI swimsuit edition from 1987) So, way before I had ever heard of autocross, before I owned the Camaro, before I lost my job in the tech industry, before pro-touring was a ‘thing’, before my divorce, I had a direction to build a muscle car –my muscle car

Read the rest here!! (http://bangshift.com/blog/sideways-with-rodney-prouty-i-knew-what-i-wanted-before-i-knew-what-i-wanted.html#comments)

qnitro
03-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Wicked cool story

CarlC
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Great story Rod! I hear you on the inspiration thing. It's truly a motivator. Having David around is good too.

GeoffP
03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm right there with you Rodney! I wanted a Pro-Touring car before it was ever coined the first time. I had dreams of putting big wheels and wide tires on my 68 back when I was 14 (1984 baby!!!). I used to argue with my Uncle, who was big time into Corvettes, that technology would eventually get to the point where a Camaro could handle at the same level as the Corvette. We'll just leave it at this: I was right and he was wrong. :yeah:

Oh yah I'm enjoying your articles too! haha!

Edit - I just finished reading your latest. I'm JEALOUS!! That is just plain COOL to get to see that car in person...

Rod
03-14-2013, 11:37 AM
thanks for reading!

Rod
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Great story Rod! I hear you on the inspiration thing. It's truly a motivator. Having David around is good too.

Thanks Carl! yes David is great to have around but we only talk a little bit about our cars, we always chat about other things like, Irrigation pipe, Vortex generators made from 5 gallon buckets, racing the Lola, weather, dinner, band camp! LOL and other things

Todd in Vancouver
03-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Another good read