PDA

View Full Version : Repop or refinish??

gtotto
03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Hey Guys,

When disassembling my car, I tried to remove my drip rail moldings with care. It was a little difficult because they were stuck on with some type of sealant/adhesive. I initially thought they were stainless but after removal realized they were coated aluminum. I took some time sanding out the scratches and gouges then did some buffing. They turned out nicer than I thought and looked straight. I then looked down the edge of the moldings to realize they were actually pretty wavy. I want to know if you think its worth it to have them professionally straightned or just buy the repops? Ive heard the repops (like most non OEM pieces) are not as nice as OEM.

Thanks for you input
Ken

Shootstraight
03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Really just depends on what your plans are for the car, if its gonna be put back factory then go with what looks the best with that in mind. If its not factory, like mine, then just repair and paint the drop rails in body color. They look pretty nice like that, mine carries a door scalp molding anyway so to me chrome in chrome is overkill.

I've not seen the repop but I doubt it fits like factory.