PDA

View Full Version : GM leaf spring perches on a gm

67rstbkt
03-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm going to start gathering parts I need to narrow my Ford 9" and have a question about the leaf spring perches. I was just going to buy a set for a stock GM and weld those on the Ford, but I think the axle tube diameter is larger on the Ford. What are you guys doing to fit these? Modify the new perches? Or can I simply buy a set to fit?

astroracer
03-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Just grind the ends of the arch on the perches to match the diameter of your axle tubes. If you have a 3" perch and a 3 1/4" tube it won't take that much grinding to get them to drop on. Usually just a sliver is removed out at the ends of the arch.

67rstbkt
03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Just grind the ends of the arch on the perches to match the diameter of your axle tubes. If you have a 3" perch and a 3 1/4" tube it won't take that much grinding to get them to drop on. Usually just a sliver is removed out at the ends of the arch.

Thanks for the tip. I picked up a set at Summit today and they just about fit perfect on there. I may just have to barely take off a sliver for it to be perfect, but it looks like I can run them as is without any real issue.

Skip Fix
03-10-2013, 06:12 AM
I have a Moser 9" housing they welded the GM multi leaf perches on.

67rstbkt
03-11-2013, 06:44 AM
I have a Moser 9" housing they welded the GM multi leaf perches on.

Thanks! I should be getting this done soon

Skip Fix
03-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Just be sure to get the pinion angle right when welding so you don't need a big shim.