PDA

View Full Version : Using the phrase “Invested” when speaking about your cars, boats, toys etc…..

Cdog
03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Sorry I have to laugh. No wonder the economy is in the ****ter. LOL!

Discuss. LOL!

novaderrik
03-08-2013, 09:45 PM
i consider money spent on my cars to be an investment in my sanity..

Flash68
03-09-2013, 01:51 AM
How ya been Corey?

I like this answer.

dontlifttoshift
03-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Yeah, how else should you say it? "over 75,000 dollars pissed away"........

astroracer
03-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Yeah, how else should you say it? "over 75,000 dollars pissed away"........
LOL Donny! Yea, that's what I say... Like I will EVER see the 25K it will take to finish the van... I have about 22 into it right now with paint and interior to do yet... Even with all of the work I have put into it it is still a lot of money to piss away on a project I will never get back... Oh well, it's what I does...
Mark

BuzzKillian
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
With the way the economy has been.... I like my odds spending money on the car then stuffing it in the 401k. (maybe I need a better financial advisor)

regal454
03-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I chalk it up to enjoying a hobby. I have many friends that spend $60/week on golf and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day. Atleast we can recoup a portion of our investment if we sell our cars.

novaderrik
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
I chalk it up to enjoying a hobby. I have many friends that spend $60/week on golf and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day. Atleast we can recoup a portion of our investment if we sell our cars.

i spend almost $60 a week bowling. i also consider that to be part of the "sanity" investment portfolio... sometimes, there is nothing more gratifying that watching 10 pins just get absolutely annihilated with the perfect pocket shot..

Todd in Vancouver
03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
I have found that no matter what, I'm going to spend/blow a sum of money on something so it's just a matter of where. I don't do drugs, drink much at all. I have In the past raced quarter mile = goodly amounts of cash , speed boat = a boat load of cash (pun intended), snowmobiles = lots of cash,etc. etc.etc

No matter what, I budget for life, retirement, entertainment so I will spend my discretionary income on something and currently it just happens to be my Camaro. I've paid my dues and I'm finally at a point where I get to enjoy some of those labours in life. Most people will pick their poison and mine currently just happens to be a '67 Camaro SS.

Twentyover
03-09-2013, 10:02 PM
"Spent most of my money on fast cars, booze, and wild women. The rest I just wasted"

Don't know where I saw it, but I like it.

AutoX_a_Truck?
03-09-2013, 10:15 PM
For a short period of time (when my truck was even more spartan than it is now) I technically profited from "investing" in my truck due to scrapping or selling all of the extras and winning a few autox prize packages

MrQuick
03-09-2013, 10:31 PM
You can make money from cars if you do it right and know what you are buying.

MrQuick
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
With the way the economy has been.... I like my odds spending money on the car then stuffing it in the 401k. (maybe I need a better financial advisor)

Yes you do. Most are run to make the company money. Diversification is the key. Have you gone over what you are invested in? You can move stuff around when the market fluctuates.

ak72
03-10-2013, 12:05 AM

i always believed that an investment is something that will, it can take some time, generate money. that almost never happening with putting years of work and money in cars, i have to agree with novaderrik

Mr.VENGEANCE
03-10-2013, 06:18 AM
"Spent most of my money on fast cars, booze, and wild women. The rest I just wasted"

Don't know where I saw it, but I like it.

George Best said that.

DartorDemon
03-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Sorry I have to laugh. No wonder the economy is in the ****ter. LOL!

Discuss. LOL!

Personally, i prefer the term "wasted"

shortrack
03-10-2013, 08:45 AM

x2.....I hardly drink, don't gamble in any way and $60 wouldnt cover my golfer friends bar tabs for a week lol

HELLCAMINO
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Bowling.....did someone mention bowling?
:lmao:
http://youtu.be/Y5fm7QPA9zY

Cdog
03-11-2013, 07:57 AM
How ya been Corey?

I like this answer.

Hey bud. Been busy with family. I need to get going on my car again. After the Starlite car was stolen and Frank @ Prodigy ripping me off i’ve been a little jaded about the whole deal. I’m thinking about buying a 69 Camaro to make a daily driver. Either way I need to get involved again. Jack & I had a lot of fun with you guys. How have you been?

rfalker1
03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Yea... Its an investment... in making your garage a little bit happier!!! But atleast you know you can get something back for it, while enjoying it at the same time

LeighP
03-26-2013, 10:12 PM
I recently added up the receipts on my 71 Firebird project. After which, I went over and smacked my head against the wall till it felt good.
I'm never going to tell anyone what I've spent (invested) in my car....... lol.

vintageracer
03-27-2013, 05:50 AM
From Webster.com

Definition of INVESTMENT

: the outlay of money for income or profit : capital outlay; also : the sum invested or the property purchased
Origin of INVESTMENT

2invest
First Known Use: 1615

Enzo Damico
03-27-2013, 07:50 AM
My sister inlaw throw that investment word on evrey thing .last week she said her new puppy was a investment.I asked her if she was going to breed her,she said no.So ask her how it was a investment.She gave me no answer.

WildBillyT
03-27-2013, 08:08 AM
My sister inlaw throw that investment word on evrey thing .last week she said her new puppy was a investment.I asked her if she was going to breed her,she said no.So ask her how it was a investment.She gave me no answer.

Sometimes it's a way of spending money on something trivial without sounding stupid.

I'm going to "invest" in a bottle of Johnnie Black. Short term gains look promising but the futures look bleak.

vintageracer
03-27-2013, 08:31 AM

Your sister in law is most certainly a "Sophisticated Investor"!!!!

Enzo Damico
03-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh she is! Cute pup though.

rustomatic
03-28-2013, 03:00 PM
I waste money on my car, since what "investment" appears as is nice paint, flawless bodywork, and pedigree. I invest in good beer and cheap whiskey.

vintageracer
03-28-2013, 03:19 PM
I invest in good beer and cheap whiskey.

How about hookers?