PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro qtr window rear filler? am I correct?

partsguy57
03-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Hello, Am I correct on the qrt window filler? This is the passenger side quarter panel I am working on and I want to know if I have this correct? I put two factory gm qrt panels on years ago (and am now finally getting the time and money to build the car) but don't remember these pieces when I did the job years ago.

mcraw66chevy
03-06-2013, 07:53 PM
You are so correct in the placement of these . And if these are not installed the quarter will crack without them i build so many cars that bodymen forget to put these back in . Very important though.

partsguy57
03-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Thank you! I didn't remember seeing them when I did the quarters years ago, but now that I getting serious about getting the car done I was double checking my work and saw a post several days back about these and thought I had better check and see if I had these in place. (no I didn't) thanks again Ken

KnightMare
03-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I just picked me up some for my camaro. My question is would you weld brace to the quarter and the notch in sail or just the quarter and it keeps the quarter located in that area?

zooboy
03-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Is this peice on the 69 as well? I don't remember seeing this on my car when I replaced the quarters. If so I need to go back and add it before paint.

KnightMare
03-12-2013, 10:35 AM
It is. You can get them at ss396. I put them on mine and they helped me locate the quarter better