PDA

View Full Version : New England Gathering, Thank You guys

YoungGun
08-14-2005, 08:08 AM
After spending 12 hours catching up on my sleep I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to the NE Event. I know it was brutally hot, but I think it was a good day. Being the last car in line behind all those hot rods and getting to see the looks on people faces as the drove by was really exciting.

Steevo,
Thanks for navigating when the rest of us were all scared, at least we know what road not to take next time as a shortcut!! All is cool, we made it through though! It was great to meet you and your wife.
Dirk,
Whitney loved Leslie and thought she was hilarious so please thank her for me. And yes, I took Whitney shopping after! Also thank you friends Chris and Bruce, we got a chance to talk to them and they were both really great guys. Hopefully we can do a fall folliage run at some point.
Bill,
Thanks for following me home, I know you could of gotten back faster in the fast lane, but I appreciate having someone keeping an eye out. The car ran great in all that heat and the long drives. Please post or send me some of those great pics you got!
Carl,
You def showed me what more power and better brakes meant, I had trouble keeping up with you on the highway and some of the back roads, then when I got there you'd just tap the baers and be set, and and would be working the drums!!!
Ralph,
Thanks for getting up!! And helping out the NY guys find Marcus after that short Detour. I bet you are happy you had your SS and not the 68 on some of those roads!

And thanks to the guys from the Engine shop who came out early in the day, it was great to meet you.

I attached some pictures, but I have hundreds so I will load them into my webshots later today! If anyone else has some good shots, post them or send them to me and I will post them.

THANKS!!!

ProTouringNyc
08-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Had a great time as well and man was it hottt. Have to get that fitting to finish up the A/C an there has to be a next time with more people.And the wives and girlfriend were super cool as well

Ralph LoGrasso
08-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Tim,

Many thanks to you for taking the initiative on setting this up, and thanks too for Steevo for helping to organize a great event. It was great to meet / see everybody again, and even though it was hot, it was still an awesome event. We'll definitely have to do another in the fall. I think we're going to have a pro-touring dinner meeting on LI within the next couple of weeks to decide on what to do for our next event, which may very well be a track day. We'll probably head up to limerock or another track and scope things out.

vanzuuk1
08-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks to everyone, here are a few pics.

Steve Chryssos
08-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Mary and I had a great time and we lost a bunch of water weight to boot. Bonus! Instead of a track day or drag strip ran an inadvertent suspension torture test: Bull's Bridge Road.

We tossed our Yahoo Map out the window and then picked out the curviest road on the map instead. Bull's Bridge Road. Big mistake. The Connecticut Dept of Highway sign said "Rough Road" and they weren't kidding Bang! Scrape, Boom! Drag! That went on for about 3 miles--AT 15 MPH!! My apologies for the navigating snafu. But everyone passed the torture test with flying colors.

Baja Connecticut and triple digit temps aside, you couldn't ask for a better drive. Picnic by the lake, beautiful scenery, ferry rides and good people. My odo showed 195 miles when all was said and done. Very glad to meet new people and connect with familiar faces

At the end of the trip, with a heavy fuel load on board we managed to rub the rear tires one time too many. The left rear wheelwell lip distorted and trashed the tire--but the tire held and got us home. Attached is a pic AFTER I started working the lip back in shape.

Thanks Tim and everyone else for coming out.
/Steevo

YoungGun
08-14-2005, 10:19 AM
My webshots are up finally...couldnt get them all becuase I am over my limit!

http://community.webshots.com/user/vantageam

Thanks

Bill Howell
08-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Great shots there young gun. Looks like good time had by all. This is what it is all about, just getting together, meeting the others here in person and enjoying the cars. Fastest e.t. or which car could do the most G's are really not that important.
Of course, I am partial to the 65 GTO. Who's ride is that. It would be cool if you could repost some of the pictures with members in them and identify everyone. Other than Steve, I really did not know who I was looking at.
I am sure, as always when you get a group of muscle cars together, there was plenty of thumbs up and horn blowing by bypassers.
Great show guys, now, when is the next one?

Ralph LoGrasso
08-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Bill,

In the first pic Tim posted, I'm standing by Carl next to his '69. I'm kind of blocking Carl, and I've got a weird pose going on. Looks like I'm playing Air guitar. :lmao: The other two people next to steevo's car are Dirk (red shirt) and Steevo's wife Mary.

Steve,

Sorry to hear about the tire! Atleast it got you home safe. I guess that discussion we had about spare tires on the ferry may hold a little more weight now. We should try to figure something out for that.

MrAngry
08-14-2005, 10:55 AM
I have been waiting all day this post. Really glad that everyone had a great time and that the gathering went on without incident. It was killing me knowing that some of the coolest road going auto's were cruising out there and I stuck home... but oh well... I'll be there next time.

Glad everyone had a great time.

Cheers - Mike

vanzuuk1
08-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi All- this is Dirk's wife Lesley.

Well girls - we lasted through the heat so our men could have their day of fun. Mary- was great seeing you again and thanks for taking a dip in the lake with me even though it was very "green" water. Whitney - you are such a sweetheart and pics came out great.

Can't wait for next run -
Take Care.

vanzuuk1
08-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Steevo-sorry about your tire. I bent my spoiler back into shape until I replace it. I guess its not a party till something gets broken.

Mr angry, I am going to put something together for another day, maybe a cruise with a bbq at my house.I will also do the obi cruise soon.

The red goat belongs to brad, his name on the site is allfaith.Awesome car.

Bill(sunkist camaro), if you want to do the summit seats I will let you use my brackets as a guide. Its torture if you start from scratch.

Steve Chryssos
08-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi All- this is Dirk's wife Lesley.

Well girls - we lasted through the heat so our men could have their day of fun. Mary- was great seeing you again and thanks for taking a dip in the lake with me even though it was very "green" water. Whitney - you are such a sweetheart and pics came out great.

Can't wait for next run -
Take Care.

Mary here-it was a great day..good meeting you all, thank you for the ponytail holder Whitney...love the pictures. Lesley, great seeing you and Dirk again. The swim was refreshing break from the sauna. See you all soon. Steve and I are planning on going to Goodguys in Rhinebeck, September 17th and 18th if anyone else is interested.

69bigblock
08-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Those are some great pics. I wish I could of went but had to work.. I was going to go to the marcus show that nite, but the weather people made it sound like the end of the world was coming...

Bryan

sunkistcamaro
08-15-2005, 04:45 AM
Hi guys,
I have to take my hat off to the ladies; you deserve a big round of applause!! :worship:
I had a great time meeting everyone and watching some really top-notch cars handle some extreme conditions.
I can’t wait till the next event, hopefully this fall. I have some pics but need to chop the size down.

ALLFAITH
08-15-2005, 04:59 AM
It was great to meet everybody, great cars and people. The 65 GTO is mine. Next time will plan on the whole day. Put over 200 miles on the car-driving upstate to piut the Total Contraol rack in my Shelby.

To any Pontaic Guys-Rodney Red Radiators Rule. Car never got hot.

Brad & Josh

toofun
08-15-2005, 05:25 AM
Hey guys, been following this post but was unable to make it. How many cars were in the mix? I will be keeping an eye out for the next one. I live in Massachusetts and have another buddy of mine that is on this board as well. Both of us are Pro-tourers with 69 ss CONVERTIBLES. I didnt see any convertibles on this tour so maybe me and EMO69SS can join the next jaunt in the fall.. WHAT DO YOU SAY EEEEMMMMOOOO!!!!

Fall foilage run? Cant beat NH mt washington roads for that. Great views, and nice cool mountain air!!

sunkistcamaro
08-15-2005, 06:32 AM
This is one of my favorite pics

Ralph LoGrasso
08-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey guys,

I think we're going to try to do the next event up in Dirk's neck of the woods by Bear Mountain. Probably mid-late september.

Also, how does next friday or saturday night sound for the long island guys to get together over dinner and figure out what to do for the next event and talk about an open track day. We'll probably do it in Huntington so it's in the middle of the island, sort of half way for everyone. It will just be a regular dinner so we can all drive our DDs and not have to worry about them in the parking lot or anything like that. Probably at Applebees or TGI fridays or something along those lines. I know Steevo, Dirk and Carl said they would probably attend. Everyone is welcome. How do those dates sound? Friday would be August 26th and saturday august 27th, i think? We could also do it during the week.

vanzuuk1
08-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Ralph Any chance of breakfast sunday am? I can meet you at obi, do breakfast, then go see brians parts.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
That may work out pretty good. I can probably pick up Vince's parts as well if i can get my Dad's truck.

vanzuuk1
08-15-2005, 05:23 PM
I forgot to mention, did anyone see the kid on the lawnmower? He lives on a road that sees five cars a day and then a rolling car show comes by, the look on his face was priceless.I remember when I was a kid I saw a pantera and almost @#%& myself.

YoungGun
08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I forgot to mention, did anyone see the kid on the lawnmower? He lives on a road that sees five cars a day and then a rolling car show comes by, the look on his face was priceless.I remember when I was a kid I saw a pantera and almost @#%& myself.

I didnt see that! But I did literally see Jaws drop, not a figure of speech, but literally. I think by being at the end of the line by the time I came by they were able to wave and smile...you guys just got the wide eyed stares LOL.

Dirk, did you get some good pics? Bill sent me some really good ones...anyone else with pictures they want posted or anything send them to me, or just send them to me cause I love pictures.

Tim

vanzuuk1
08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
I posted the good pictures already.

the kid was on that bumpy road.

YoungGun
08-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah...DUH :rolleyes5 Those were good shots.

MrAngry
08-16-2005, 06:58 AM
As far as the LI get together for dinner - I'm in with or without the Charger, I should also be at OBI this Sunday "providing" the brakes are sorted...

BTW - the pics are great.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Sounds good, Mike. We hope to see ya there.

Rick Dorion
08-17-2005, 05:23 AM
I was there in spirit! Glad it went well and we have a Right Coast thing developing :)

Ralph - Sept 17th weekend is Goodguys at Rhinebeck, NY so that may not be a good candidate weekend. I myself will be at the show for my hotrod overdose.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Rick,

Yeah, I don't think the 17th will work. Maybe the weekend after, or even the first week in October, weather permitting.