PDA

View Full Version : Mimod hp system PROBLEMS

greg5436
03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Back in late 2010 and early 2011 Jamie Walters,a member here,started promoting this system on this site.Jamie and Troy Lents made claims about there touch screen system and ahead of driver digital gauges.at the time I was building a twin turbo 69 chevelle conv. So I talked to these guys and they claimed they could do anything and make anything work with there system.so I bought in on a group purchase. I was sending my car out to the Recovery Room for the interior so I had time to play with. Later in 2011 my car came back from interior shop around thanksgiving I thought I would wait until first of the year to have the system installed in my car.

2012 comes around Troy comes out to my house to install data and programs into my system that I had installed in my car.so at first the touch screen seemed to work somewhat but no gauges . To make a LONG story short and I can add 100 different details if needed, after another year of messing around with these guys my system has never worked.

So after making all these promises 2 years later I can't really drive my car much,I decided to take out the system and ask for some of my money back. So I figured out that Bob Casper owned the company that Troy and Jamie work for. Called him told him my story, nice guy,and let him decide what would be fair on a refund.he
gets back with me and said since my system was so old he could only offer me 1250.00 back SINCE MY SYSTEM WAS SO OLD.I had spent over 4000 on this system,paying for Troy to come out to my house and fly another guy in from Colorado to try and help get everything worked out.This is not counting all my labor,custom work at the interior shop and parts that were shorted out will using this system.

I will take care of these guys myself because I went with this on promises by them and my own decision to purchased it. Wanted to be hi-tech at the time and by the time they ever work out the system everyone will have it.

I am posting this to warn anyone thinking about the system and anyone who has never got there system yet in the group purchase. I know a few members her that are in the same boat I am in. I want Jamie,Troy or Bob to come on this site and explain in 2 years of making promises and never producing a finished product how they would like to handle solving this problem of refunding money that can go to the purchase of ISIS touch screen and a set of custom gauges from New Vintage USA.

Sorry to be the messenger for bad news because I am a business owner for 30 years myself and I don't complain when something's not right after a few weeks or a few months.

Greg

I told Bob the system was brand new and that was not good enough.

greg5436
03-12-2013, 03:16 AM
Well I talked to Troy and they offered me a full refund on my mimod system.he sent me a return shipping box and a check. So my problem with mimod has been resolved.hopefully Tim your system will show up this week and put closure to your headaches.
Also I would like the moderator to remove this post when he feels it has met the feedback forums rules.thanks Greg