PDA

View Full Version : Fast time of the Day

CA B4C
03-02-2013, 08:49 PM

Rob set the top time of the day at Adams with a 44.31 ... which is really hustling a car er, truck.
The No Limit crew has taken this truck to the next level.
Excellent job guys !!

RobNoLimit
03-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks a bunch. That is my best lap ever at AMP, and I left some out there. We had a little trouble that day. Early on the gears were too low - 3.83, so I changed them at lunch to a 3.31. Before lunch I was setting the fastest laps overall. After luch we ran the consistacy challenge and it was feeling great. Next up was the starting shoot out. James Crosby was driving the RideTech 33 in the Hot Rod class, and I was in the Truck class. We were both the only ones in our class's so we didn't have anyone to do a 'shoot-out' with, so the race director put us head to head for fun. On the first lap out I smelled fuel, then I felt it on the right side tires, I thought the fuel cap was loose or the vent off? and Jame beat me by .013 sec. But I was out. Mostly I am really happy that it didn't burn to the ground, and feel rather foolish for not pulling off at the start. Two O-rings on the right side injectors had pushed out. With the hood open and the key on it was pumping out like crazy. - from looking at fuel levels I think it pumped out about four gallons. Our head shop mechanic, Mike Sullivan, had been at the track to run tech and help out. Thank god for him. After someinitial wrenching he was off to a local NAPA for some new O-rings and shorter spacers (5/16" hard line and a cheap tubing cutter) We got it back together and it is fine, but we missed the first round of the Overall Shootout. So, I was out of that one. At the end of the day was the "Hat Trick" rounds, where you can pick an oponent, or they will pull one from a hat. This round is points and bragging rights only. James was happy to give me a rematch, and thats when I ran the 44.31 lap for the win. Everyone had a great time, And I think the Black Ink crew did the right thing. I couldn't make the line up, so I'm out. Thats racing. James took the overall in a tie brake against Brett Campbel. It was a fun day with some great racing and good friends.

One more thing. The three fastest cars are very different, a C10 truck, a 33 roadster and a 68 camaro. They all have very different suspension designs and brake configurations. And all three drivers have a different line around the track. But they have a few things in common. All three run Ride Tech shocks, Falken tires, and all three are three are hands on fabrication junkies.

mpozzi
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Great job, Rob. That's hustling and in a frickin' pickup truck, no less. We're renaming that truck "TruckZilla!!" Positive with R-comps you'd have the OA record.

Mary P.

struck by Lightning
03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Congrats to you sir.....Thats a fast hauling truck!

George

67zo6Camaro
03-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks a bunch. That is my best lap ever at AMP, and I left some out there. We had a little trouble that day. Early on the gears were too low - 3.83, so I changed them at lunch to a 3.31. Before lunch I was setting the fastest laps overall. After luch we ran the consistacy challenge and it was feeling great. Next up was the starting shoot out. James Crosby was driving the RideTech 33 in the Hot Rod class, and I was in the Truck class. We were both the only ones in our class's so we didn't have anyone to do a 'shoot-out' with, so the race director put us head to head for fun. On the first lap out I smelled fuel, then I felt it on the right side tires, I thought the fuel cap was loose or the vent off? and Jame beat me by .013 sec. But I was out. Mostly I am really happy that it didn't burn to the ground, and feel rather foolish for not pulling off at the start. Two O-rings on the right side injectors had pushed out. With the hood open and the key on it was pumping out like crazy. - from looking at fuel levels I think it pumped out about four gallons. Our head shop mechanic, Mike Sullivan, had been at the track to run tech and help out. Thank god for him. After someinitial wrenching he was off to a local NAPA for some new O-rings and shorter spacers (5/16" hard line and a cheap tubing cutter) We got it back together and it is fine, but we missed the first round of the Overall Shootout. So, I was out of that one. At the end of the day was the "Hat Trick" rounds, where you can pick an oponent, or they will pull one from a hat. This round is points and bragging rights only. James was happy to give me a rematch, and thats when I ran the 44.31 lap for the win. Everyone had a great time, And I think the Black Ink crew did the right thing. I couldn't make the line up, so I'm out. Thats racing. James took the overall in a tie brake against Brett Campbel. It was a fun day with some great racing and good friends.

One more thing. The three fastest cars are very different, a C10 truck, a 33 roadster and a 68 camaro. They all have very different suspension designs and brake configurations. And all three drivers have a different line around the track. But they have a few things in common. All three run Ride Tech shocks, Falken tires, and all three are three are hands on fabrication junkies.

That was a bitchen (cool, sick, great, awsome, excellent, fine, niffty.... you pick your descriptive word of choice) day at the track. Congrats on that 44.3x run Rob, I definately think you could find a second to loose around that track. Thanks again for the tuning support brother.

Cheers