PDA

View Full Version : About hotchkis TVS G Body

olds87
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Did anybody used the TVS Hotchkis G Body system?

Dose it improve the suspension?

Supercharged 86
08-12-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't have it, but personally I don't think it's worth it.

As some would say, the poly bushings bind and cause the rear end to break lose. You could build 4 double adjustable, double rod end rear control arms for the price of their adjustable uppers.

Their rear sway bars tend to break although they do stand behind their product and always send a new one quickly. I've heard they are working on a new design to mount one like a third gen Camaro.

In some cases the rear control arm braces hit the exhaust, but they are a good idea if they fit.

Their springs are very nice, but Moog equivalents like 5660s up front are much cheaper if you don't mind cutting the rears.

Their front UCAs are very nice, but if you drill new mounting holes down and back of the originals and use circle track tubular arms, you get the same affect of the offset cross shaft and more.

I think the idea is they make excellent stuff, but I would consider it a little over priced and behind the curve. For the straight-forwardness of a kit, it may be worth it to most people.

To answer the question, it will definitely decrease body roll and the lower springs also help considerably. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the TVS, but there may be some better, cheaper ways to accomplish more as far as the geometry.

Dust87ss
08-13-2005, 05:12 PM
If you enjoy snap oversteer, go for it.

Steven
08-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Do some more research and check out some of the monte carlo web sites. It all depends what kind of ride you expect and how you will be using the car. I put front and rear Hotckis sway bars on my Monte SS and had no problems. I also changed out the lower control arms on the rear due to the Hotckis sway bar not bolting up. It will if forced, but that could cause some of the problems. I enjoy the ride and have no squeaks.

olds87
08-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Any one use Edelbrock rear upper & lower control arms, front and rear coil springs on the suspension, and the ISA shocks?

Is it better than Hotckis?

Supercharged 86
08-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Edelbrock uppers with the spherical bearings are better than Hotchkis. I like their IAS shocks (I have them and like them). Their springs may be a little stiffer than Hotchkis's, but that's probably a good thing. Go to MalibuRacing.com and click the link on the home page that says something like "Iceman Goodies" and check out his parts. His upper arms are a lot cheaper than Edelbrock's and just as good or better.

Are there certain parts you're looking for or do want everything you can get that will help?