02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Anyone know when it will air on speed ?

Larry Callahan
02-28-2013, 09:44 AM
OPTIMAŽ Ultimate Street Car Invitational Announces
5th Annual Television Premiere
The Road to OPTIMA’s 2012 Search for America’s Ultimate Street Car
Comes to its Exciting, Final Conclusion

Feb.19, 2013 (MILWAUKEE) – OPTIMAŽ Batteries, the global leader in high-performance automotive and marine AGM batteries and chargers, is proud to announce the premiere of its OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational television special on SPEED™ on Sunday, March 10 at 11 a.m. EST.

Visit OPTIMA’s YouTube page at www.youtube.com/optimabatteries to preview all of the action and drama from the 2012 Invitational. This is the first year a broadcast audience has been able to follow along with some of the qualifiers before seeing the final event, so also check out video from the OPTIMA Faceoff at Road America, among others, to see competitors who battled it out to earn a spot in the final event. These Invitational vehicles represent a wide range of interests and styles, from a 1933 Ford hot rod to a custom-crafted Nissan GT-R, and several vintage and late-model American muscle cars modified for greatly improved performance. European supercars are also well represented in the mix, ranging from a track-friendly 1985 Porsche Carrera to a 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo.

“We’re excited to give viewers such an exciting, well-rounded look at this year’s OPTIMA Invitational,” said Cam Douglass, director of product development and marketing for OPTIMA Batteries. “We continue to see more support and greater competition each year, and 2012 brought out some of the best talent and most passionate street car enthusiasts yet.”

The OPTIMA Invitational began in 2008 when Douglass recognized a need to prove the specialty vehicles on the SEMA Show floor were built for speed and superior performance. Today the annual event occurs each Saturday following the close of the SEMA Show, bringing in top automotive talent, highly modified vehicles, credible racing veterans and fresh talent.
Additional airings will occur on thefollowing dates and times:
• Monday, March 11 at 2:00 p.m. EST
• Sunday, March 24 at 11:00 a.m. EST
• Friday, March 29 at 1:00 p.m. EST

stage2ROUSH
03-06-2013, 10:03 AM
thanks Larry

Zee
03-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Anyone else here not "feeling" the coverage of the last two years? I mean the first one was awesome. You were introduced to the owners/drivers and they told you something about what went into each car to make them special. Not a full blown bio on the car or anything but I would like to know what motor, trans, suspension etc that some of these cars are running. Let's face it, most anyone watching the show is probably fairly tech savy and the main reason I watched was to see some of the components everyone is running. My second beef is that I know all of the events are run at once but I don't see a reason it cannot be edited to show the highlights of each in order rather than jumping all around seeing one car on the road course, then another on the autocross. It comes off as a collection of cars doing burnouts off the line that look nice but I don't know enough about to care. Sorry If my criticism offends anyone here but I saw this year's show and a few of the smaller shows leading up to the Vegas show and would frankly like a few hours of my life back. Please bring back the original format when Jimi ran the show.