PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Run To The Coast 4 - High-Resolution Image Gallery

jokerswild454
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
RTTC fans and participants,

As you may or may not know, I had the opportunity this year to shoot the Run To The Coast 4 event for the American Street Car Series for shot all three days. Those images are officially now on the AmericanStreetCarSeries.com (http://www.americanstreetcarseries.com) website. Once on the site, head on over to the "Photos" tab and select which days you would like to view. All three days are available, each in a high-res gallery labeled, "...Event Hi-Res by Sean Haggai." Just click HERE (http://americanstreetcarseries.com/run-to-the-coast-4-2013-pictures/) to view the gallery page.

Unfortunately, with so many cars and so many groups, I was not able to capture a picture of every single participant. I did my best. There are lots of images to go around so please feel free to share them to other members of the pro-touring.com community. There's lots of images of cars getting some air during the elevation change on the road course.

Thanks to Bill, Yancy and Brian for the opportunity.

-Sean Haggai

jokerswild454
02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
If you've got a favorite, make sure to post them up here!

Larry Callahan
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Wow! Awesome pictures! I was working on mine today at lunch. I'm not even going to waste the time with mine after having see those.

Very cool! I'll have to pick out a few of my favorites.

Larry Callahan
02-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Holy hell!

Larry Callahan
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Flying!!!!

jokerswild454
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Haha, thanks! Honestly though, you really should create a thread with your images. You never know....there may be an amazing photo in there. Remember, I couldn't get everybody. I was too busy worrying about NOT getting decapitated out there on the runway from a Kamikaze driver. At one point, there were two other people posted up in the center of the track along with me. No safety barriers. Plus, the groups that were running on Sunday were quite large on the road course. Larger than the previous day. I decided it wasn't worth it and jumped ship! LOL

jokerswild454
02-25-2013, 04:44 PM
TCI must have gone back and installed a lift kit...some of those cars could probably serve double-duty at the Baja 1000 or dirt track. I was amazed how well these cars were soaking up the bumps considering their triple-digit speeds. Awesome...

jokerswild454
02-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately, that Nova image isn't as sharp as I would have liked. Those are one in a million type shots. I was just a bit too slow on that one. You get the idea though, haha!

ohm
02-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I was out there shooting with you Saturday. I didn't get a chance to fully charge my batteries so I mainly shot my buddy with yellow cobra and Bret from ridetech. A few others of everyone else. I'll post them later this week. Great event!!!

Richard

Ps I also shot HD video but again mostly if the cobra and Bret. Again I'll post that later in the week

Rod
02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Holy hell!

that little bump on the back straight was a little unnerving the first time I went over it at 130 and the tires went quiet, after that I was trying to see how far I was sailing by watching the cones, Damn Jay was getting some good air!! cool to see from outside the car

tmadden
02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Wow!!

Tomswheels
02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Great shots Sean, thanks!

MrQuick
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
great images Sean, Larry, that one would be more like "Geezusss"

jokerswild454
02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys! It was a ton of fun.

Larry Callahan
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Anyone notice the airborne cone as well?

jokerswild454
02-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Hell yeah I noticed that. That Nova sucked up that cone like a heroin junkie. Here is the the shot right after he landed. Talk about soaking up the bounce...

jokerswild454
02-26-2013, 12:27 PM
There's also this one of the Mother's Mustang. After slamming the front air dam the rear end of the car kicked up. On a side note, while most of you may think I'm too young to remember "The Fall Guy" series - I am. However, I'm still familiar with the show and the truck. I think the most of the cars that hit that elevation change would certainly have been cast in the show...here's the clip I found.

THE FALL GUY!

Check out the video of, The Fall Guy in action...am I right or what?

http://youtu.be/yAIDqyi2XsM

David Pozzi
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
That's a good test for their spindles right there!

jokerswild454
02-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Dave, not sure if you heard...I sold the Camper Special. As of now, it's stayed in the extended family, literally. It went from you to Bill Howell and then to me. From there, it went to Joe Rode at Eddie Motorsports. As of recently, it's now sitting at the of Tim Foss. Sorry, no jump shots here.

How come you guys weren't at RTTC4 this year?

ohm
02-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Here's some footage I shot from saturday. Not a lot but it's something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RCR-wPnM80

If anyone wants the raw 1080p footage I would be happy to email it to you or throw it in my dropbox.com acct.

Richard

bret
02-27-2013, 08:30 PM
From a completely self promotional point of view...both the TCI Camaro and the Speedtech Nova were running RideTech TQ Series triple adjustable shocks. You may want to refer to the results...I'm just sayin. :)

That "hump" on the backstretch was...challenging...to say the least! I've run may laps on many tracks...the pucker factor was fairly intense at that point.

The RTTC track was the definition of why a triple adjustable shock is valuable...MOSTLY smooth...but with some significant rough spots that can be sucessfully navigated with the addition of a properly tuned high speed compression adjustment that is unique to the RideTech TQ Series shock. There is no doubt that this is an unusual situation...but it is very representative of the real world potholes, speedbumps, and other obstacles that populate our world...even if it is not at 125mph!

OK...soapbox vacated.

Wes.Drelleshak
02-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Bret, what bump? I didn't feel a thing, nor did I jump. My Ride Tech TA's must have soaked it up. Lol