PDA

View Full Version : RTTC recaps

Bill Howell
02-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Guys, we are back at the hotel, worn out, but very happy with the event.
First we want to thank all the volunteers and helpers that worked hard for two very long days, THANKS from everyone at ASCS.
Second, without our vendors, we couldn't do these events, thanks so much to our annual sponsors, and our event vendors at RTTC.
Third, thanks to every participant. Again, if you guys didn't come out and beat on your cars, we wouldn't have this event annually.
Fourth, thanks to SORC and all the magazine coverage on the event and for bringing the Plaques this year. People really cherish getting recognition from you guys, thanks so much.

From the Premier Party on Thursday to our award ceremony Sunday AT DARK, this was such a great time.
The total in donations for Rootin For Regen was $899.75, thanks for this generous gift for the family.
Congrats go out to Brian for winning the King of the Hill and also ever racing venue of the event.
Congrats to Matt Alcala for receiving the coveted invite to the OUSCI later this year, well deserved Matt. Represent us well in November.
We hope everyone had as good a time as we did and I am already excited about coming back next Spring.

Tomswheels
02-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped put on the event, it was a blast, and a big congrats to Matt, couldn't go to a better guy!

Bill Howell
02-25-2013, 07:49 AM
John Barkley, magazine guy and long time participant of the RTTC event told everyone yesterday he had put 45 miles on his car on Saturday. Two miles to the Gallon and 1Million smiles per mile. I think that pretty much summed up everyone's weekend. I know that if you ran all your runs on the roadcourse, you would have gotten 66 miles just on the road course. In two days we had just under 1500 autocross laps completed. No really bad carnage, but I think two motors expired during the weekend. As you will see in the picture, the Mothers entry got into the TALL grass on the road course, other than a demolished front splitter, all was good, just lots of grass everywhere. Clean up on this one will take a while.

alcino
02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
I too had a great time and really appreciate the work of the volunteers. Thanks for cleaning up my cone messes from failed experiments. :)

By the way is there a place to see the full results? I'm a bit curious how my and others times were in the roadcourse and brake stop times were. The live autocross results was unbelievably amazing. Thanks!

Vipergtsrgt1
02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks to everyone. As a first timer, I had such a great time. Next time, I'll be back with my car better equipped for the all-around performance nature of the event. I can't wait to see the full results either. I know I'm not near the top, but I'm curious to see where everyone ended up.

Project92rs
02-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Big thanks to everyone at ASCS who put in the effort to put the event together, to the vendors for supporting out habit, and to everyone who showed up for the event to inspire us to push things just a little bit harder.

BAD_EFX
02-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Thanks to all the volunteers and support from OCRC for helping make a great event! I had a great time. Also, does anyone know where I might find the results for the Speed Stop challenge? Thank you!

Bill Howell
02-27-2013, 07:55 AM
I have sent the files to Larry on the scores of all the venues. We will have it on our website later today also. I would post them here but they are in the wrong format. If you will email me, I can send them to anyone that wants them right now.
[email protected]

Gandalf
02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Big thanks to the ASCS team and OCRC for hosting another stellar event. This is my 3rd event with you-all at that El Toro venue and they just get better and better. Along with a decent thrash on my car the week leading up to the event, I had without a doubt thee best time behind the wheel of the '69 since we put it on the road 18mths ago. An absolute blast!

Thanks to Robert, Nick, Steve, Sean for the media support and the recognition. Your efforts at these events and the sport in general is always appreciated.

Thanks to all the drivers and builders that continue to inspire me to do better at each event, generously sharing their knowledge, expertise and feedback.

Congrats to Brian and Matt for their respective wins. Completely deserved!

And to acknowledge friends who we don't get to catch up often other than these events, esp those who drive in from out of town. Not to single anyone out but Tom, Karl, Rodney and Suzy - you never fail to impress with your willingness to travel in and drive the wheels off your cars and do it all with a great big smile no matter what comes-up. I look forward to doing same this year, getting out to your respective neck of the woods.

2G

alcino
02-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks for posting the results on ASCS Bill! I was starting to wear-out the F5 key on my keyboard.

Well my hopes of being high on the finishing lists were... crushed. But after further analysis I'm pretty happy with being about midpack considering the class of cars that showed up. It's just crazy to think how scared out of my mind I was pushing my car to the limits on the road course and so many people blew me out of the water(they must have been really scared). Anyway I love how these events expose areas to improve on for the man and machine. So I'll just go back into my garage and continue to sharpen my knife for the next gunfight.

Bill Howell
02-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Alcino, I want you to know I heard so many people commenting on your car and how rare it is to see on the track, etc. I love it and it really did well. Never worry about anyone else's times, concentrate on your times and improving your skills. Otherwise you miss out on some of the fun. I really liked seeing your car run, and run it did, cheers my friend.

DesertFox
02-27-2013, 04:15 PM
As always we had a great time!
Thanks Bill, Brian, Yancy, Melinda, OCRC and the rest of the crew for a stellar weekend.
Kinda disappointed with my results, but there's always the next event! :)

Rod
02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
It was damn good fun wasnt it!!! It was good to see everyone again and a good way to start the season. Bill, Yancy, Brian work well done brothers

Tom, Karl, Rodney and Suzy - you never fail to impress with your willingness to travel in and drive the wheels off your cars and do it all with a great big smile no matter what comes-up. I look forward to doing same this year, getting out to your respective neck of the woods.

2G

Thanks its always fun!! I used two tanks of gas racing, one each day and a set of front tires(I couldnt keep those tires under the car very well) I had to throw a worn out set of BFG front tires away, I put them on Thursday drove down raced saturday (wasted them) and bought new ones on sunday morning just to keep racing

mdprovee
03-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Well I am finally back at home and back to normal. The family and I went to Universal Studios and Disneyland after the event.

My wife and I had a great time. We were arrived a little late for the screening, but were able to catch the last half of the first episode. The cruise on Friday was enjoyable, it is very interesting to see how companies make their products. Then the driving and racing on both days was so much fun. I didn't do as well as I liked, but had a blast trying. I definately need driving instruction. The hotel was MUCH better, and alot quieter. Except for the fight at the pool one night. It was nice meeting new people, and putting faces to cars you see.

I would like to thank all the sponsors that make the events posible, and another big thank you to ASCS, as I know to plan an event like this is a major job.

I would also like to thank the volunteers who helped work the event and make things run smoothly. Overall a 10 out of 10 for me.

Also thanks Nic of Camaro Performers, I won a Editors Choice Award for first gen. Camaros. Nice topper to a great weekend. See ya next time.

T/Aaron
03-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Great time as usual. Big thanks for the guys that put the event on, the volunteers, and the Orange County guys. Great times.

Aaron