PDA

View Full Version : SAD SAD Day today

SShep71
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
My Ipod of 4 almost 5 years does not work anymore. The earphone jack doesnt work right anymore. You have to hold the wire all goofy now. THe IPOD has been through 3 screens, is missing the button, and its all scratched up. This is a low blow to my ability to not break delicate items streak. Its only an 8gb but its like a partner to me. Unless its fixable I may be looking for a new ipod. On the bright side my old navy sandals are going strong at 6 years now. Do i buy a new iIPOD, or look into fixing this one? suggestions?

Denvervet
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Buy a refurbished old version..if that's what your looking for. I had to after one was stolen out of my truck....in glove box hooked up to aftermarket stereo. I had to use the older version because the new versions wouldn't charge with my stereo. Relatively easy thing to do on ebay

Todd in Vancouver
02-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Take your broken one to the iStore and show them that you can no longer go on living without your iPod. All joking aside, when I took my broken iPod to them they sold me a new one at half price and that's why I continue to be an iStore customer.

SShep71
02-22-2013, 02:02 PM
I am going to look into a refurbished one, if I dont have to spend the 200+ on a new its more cash for the car. Todd if I wasn't in Afghanistan I would try that with the IStore

mc84_zz4
02-22-2013, 10:22 PM
You can replace it with an iPhone 4 for about $50 with a 2 yr contract.
That would be the 8g version, with the 5mpixel camera, etc, and you can do a lot more with it.

rfalker1
02-23-2013, 12:53 PM
sorry about the ipod!! it must have been truly horrible. But I say go refurbished. But make sure its apple refurbished. If you buy one off ebay, it might already have a failing harddrive or some crappy stuff in.