PDA

View Full Version : alignment spect for Mopar

greenrt_se
08-12-2005, 02:01 AM
I need alignment speckt for 1969 Dodge Charger. front
tires are Bf goodrich Macadam 205/70R15 Power steering,torsion bars are 1,03 dia,subframe connectors ,poly bushings front and rear

Chargeteer68
08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
If you're looking for factory stock alignment specifications (specs):

Camber:
Left Wheel +0.5 deg
Right Wheel +0.25 deg

Caster: +0.25 to +1.25 deg

(This is according to my '68 Factory Service Manual)

But I'm curious. With the upgraded torsion bars and poly bushings, why are you running such skinny front wheels? On my '68 Charger, which was my daily driver for a long time, I ran a very similar setup as yours- poly bushings, same torsion bars, sway bar was the factory original 15/16", but with the poly bushings. Only difference was that I ran BFGoodrich Radial T/A 265/50 R15's (15x8 wheels) in front (yes, they fit!), and was amazed at how well it handled for what little work I put into it.

If you're looking for a more handling-oriented alignment, I'd shoot for at least -0.5 deg camber (if it's driven on the street a lot; otherwise, I'd try at least -1.0 deg), and as much + caster as you can get out of the eccentric cams. But this won't get you very far with your current front tires....

PeteRR
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
The factory specs are for bias ply tires. If you're running any kind of wide tire on the front:

- .5 degree camber

as much positve caster as the uca's will give you.

You might have to argue with the alignment shop as they are loathe to deviate from the factory settings.