PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with Dynacorn sheet metal!!

SShep71
02-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I bought two full quarters from a Dynacorn dealer and the rear windown valance. The quarters showed up in good shape but once the body shop got to the installation they had all kinds of problems. The quarters didnt fit right, the weather strip channel was not there. The guys at Pat's had to do all kinds of extra work because of it. I am not very happy and am second guessing wether or not I should buy the GTO hood and front valance from them. Does anyone have any feed back on their products?

Rod
02-13-2013, 03:52 PM
They make decent parts, not all there stuff is good, I used there fenders and trunk lid on my camaro, and I used the goodmark tail panel, but CARS inc made the best quarters I have ever used, but you pay for it, the dynacorn quarters were better than the goodmark quarters I have used, but both need lots of work, Dynacorn stuff also depends on the car (1st gen camaro stuff is ok) 2nd gen stuff fits like crap, you have to ask others that have built or repair the same model cars as you

Shootstraight
02-14-2013, 10:54 AM
It's kinda hit and miss, I have a Goodmark hood for my Elky and its not so great. However the bed floor and wheelhouses were all Dynacorn and they fit pretty well. These panels all need a bit of loving, pretty much no difference is most aftermarket sheet metal. From what I've been told most of them are made in the same place anyway.

KnightMare
02-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Seems like they all have their flaws. I've got stuff from dynacorn and amd. I see made in Taiwan stickers on some parts I didn't have a choice to get USA made and the problem I'm seeing is they have to be tweaked in areas. I have problems with my quarter in the lower corner where it mounts to the door area, it needs to "messaged" into place while the rest fits real good

chops101
02-15-2013, 12:09 PM
AMD is the best thing going at the moment.
I used OER quarters on my 69 vert and had to do a good bit of slicing/dicing at the tail panel on both sides.
AMD deck lid fit well.

rrstroker71
02-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Agree on the AMD stuff, Just that they do not make all the parts some people need. From what I have used of the dynacorn pieces, all the interior panels, floors trunks firewalls etc fit pretty good. The external sheetmetal always needs help. I cringe when a customer brings DII quarters to put on a car.

SShep71
02-17-2013, 07:09 AM
I will have to look into the AMD stuff. DII was suggesdted to me and I went with it. I saved some cash buying them, but in the end I had to pay out even more to the shop to make up for the lack of quality. I am now left with a need for a GTO hood, valance, rear bumper, and a bad taste for repo pannels.

snappytravis
02-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Yes sir AMD fits pretty good, I had a set of dynacorn front fenders for my 69 camaro. I installed or tried messed with them for about 15 minutes then drug out my stock fenders and fixed them, I know the gauge metal of amd is better I have compared them side by side with others. If you want the new car fit and finish you will have to do what chops101 says. "slice and dice" I had to move quarter edges in by trunk opening on both sides.

KnightMare
02-17-2013, 09:00 AM
I have that problem with my car now, dyna-taiwan-corn only makes certain parts and the stamping is just a little off

makoshark
02-17-2013, 10:54 AM
I have an AMD cowl hood on my 67 Camaro that doesn't fit perfect. Even the GM metal needs work to get a perfect fit, but not as much work as the repop stuff out there. I'm on the hunt for a trunk lid. I've had two Goodmark lids that fit terribly. I'm interested to know how the AMD lid as well as the Heartbeat City USA made lid fits

Todd in Vancouver
02-17-2013, 11:14 AM
I got lucky and managed to pick up a couple brand new GM quarter panels that were a couple decades old so I'm hoping they are close. Has anyone here looked into the carbon fibre options? I've seen a few different companies offering options and the weight savings is considerable.

moparmusclecars
03-25-2014, 09:56 AM
I bought a AMD deck lid (67-69 Norwood Fit), but after installing it on the car, with the latch installed it won't close. Measured from front of deck lid back to the striker mounting area and it shows about 16.5 inches. Checked it on the original deck lid and it shows 16 inches. This half inch puts the striker 1/2 further back and doesn't allow for closing of the deck lid with the latch installed on the car. If you look at the mounting areas where the striker goes on the deck lid, and compare them between each other the AMD one is angled, where the original one is almost straight 90 degrees. The AMD one being angled maybe 45 degrees just isn't right. Even the under deck support rear running from side to side in general has a different shape than the original. Called AMD and I will be sending pics. They claim I'm the first to bring this issue up to them. I'll post pics also in a day or two so you can all see what I am talking about. Has anyone else ran into this issue?