PDA

View Full Version : American Street Car Series is proud to present the Detroit Speed Southern Slam

Bill Howell
02-13-2013, 08:43 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

DSE to Host the "Southern Slam" at Carolina Motorsports Park April 20th - 21st.

Mooresville, NC – It is now official, the American Street Car Series will once again be invading South Carolina and the 2.3 mile road course at Carolina Motorsports Park for Detroit Speed's "Southern Slam" in Kershaw, SC April 20th - April 21st. The American Street Car Series was last here in 2012 during the Run to the Ole South. This will be an Optima Ultimate Street Car Qualifier for the season ending event November 9th that pits the top street cars from across the country against each other in Pahrump, NV following the SEMA show.

The event will begin bright and early Saturday morning with tech inspection followed by Track "Hot Tips" presented by Jet-Hot. Saturday will be a full track day, this will be the road course portion of the event only. The full 2.3 mile track will be operated during this time solely for road course times. Following all of the action there will be a Low Country Boil on Saturday night.

Sunday will be a half day of autocrossing action on the "west" course. The west course was used during the 2012 Run to the Ole South and worked out perfect for competitors as well as track operators and corner workers. After all of the action is completed, we'll meet up at the pits and have the official awards ceremony.

Event Information:
Registration - $150.00
Camping Fee - $15.00 (Two nights)
Event T-Shirt - $15.00

Sponsored by

To register visit

http://americanstreetcarseries.com/detroit-speed-southern-slam-registration//

rchaskin
02-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered!!!!

JEFFTATE
02-13-2013, 12:27 PM
I'll be there !
Camping at this event is the best !
The track is good too .

71duster
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
we are in!!

GeoffP
02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm registered...just gotta get busy and get my car done!

TheJDMan
02-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Bill,
How early can we enter the track grounds? Is camping available Friday night?

Bill Howell
02-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Bill,
How early can we enter the track grounds? Is camping available Friday night?

Camping and carting on Friday evening. Karting is on individual participant's dime. Camping at the track is $15 for the weekend/no hookup. They have good bathhouse, so bring your tent and plan on late nights...:smoke:

GeoffP
02-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Bill - do you know if they are/are not providing power? They did last year and I think they had water too if I remember correctly. No sewage though but that was no big deal.

Mike Holleman
02-13-2013, 05:45 PM
How nice of you guys to schedule this on my birthday. Looking forward to it. Maybe a nice slice of apple pie could be available Sat night to help celebrate. Can't think of a better group of folks to spend the weekend with.
Mike

Bill Howell
02-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Bill - do you know if they are/are not providing power? They did last year and I think they had water too if I remember correctly. No sewage though but that was no big deal.

I have to pay extra for power, but it is available for a fee. No sewage and limited water access. I will have my motorhome there like last year, but pretty much plan on dry dock camping with it.

Bill Howell
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
How nice of you guys to schedule this on my birthday. Looking forward to it. Maybe a nice slice of apple pie could be available Sat night to help celebrate. Can't think of a better group of folks to spend the weekend with.
Mike

I will see if we can get you an apple pie with a candle on it.....WAIT, no candles.......

Mike Holleman
02-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Geoff, CMP has power available in most of the paddock. I think 30 amp only. There is a minimal fee.
Mike

GeoffP
02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Yah I remember paying the fee for power now that you mention it. My camper isn't setup for full dry dock so I have to at least have power and would love to have water if possible.

Slick68
02-14-2013, 04:37 AM
I may not be able to bring the truck and run it, but I may see if if I can make it down to spend the weekend. I'll chase cones or help out as a worker in any way that may be needed.

71RS/SS396
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm in, looking forward to some fun on this track.

regal454
02-14-2013, 03:31 PM
April 20th is my wedding anniversary but I'm hoping to make it. I'm making my wife a nice Valentine's Day dinner tonight, so if all goes as planned i'll be registering tomorrow.

71RS/SS396
02-14-2013, 03:43 PM
:rotfl:
April 20th is my wedding anniversary but I'm hoping to make it. I'm making my wife a nice Valentine's Day dinner tonight, so if all goes as planned i'll be registering tomorrow.

What could possibly be more romantic than spending quality time together at the race track! :rotfl::hah:

71duster
02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Mike

hey mike! mine is the 18th. so i guess this is like a birthday present to myself! lol.

tommycomfort
02-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Registered last night! Sam and I will be bringing the 66 down. Time to burn the midnight oil and get the car back together.

protouring70
02-15-2013, 06:34 AM
How do we register for gocarts

Mike Holleman
02-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Some folks celebrate a birthday month. I'm getting too old to be reminded of my age for a whole month. My DOB is April 20. Can't think of anything I would rather do than cut fast laps on a road course to celebrate.
hey mike! mine is the 18th. so i guess this is like a birthday present to myself! lol.

Bill Howell
02-15-2013, 06:47 PM
We have had registration open two days and already over 20 folks have signed up. Please don't wait or you may miss this one. Thanks to you guys that have already hit the registration Button, prepare for fun, it will be here soon.

regal454
02-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Just signed up! Looking forward to a fun weekend.

bugdewde
02-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Awwww...... man, I gots no car ready. Sold the T/A. Vega wagon project isn't together.....
I hate to bring the daily driver '06 GTO and completely ruin it's brake pads and rotors.... again. Peach State killed them last year.

Beach Cruiser
03-01-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm going to sign up next week if I still have a job after my boss comes to town! Now the question is what car to bring? The HPDE terror WS6 (Bill You should know the back end of this car! LOL) or the newly finished yet unproven 67 Pro-touring/track car?
Next question, the rules say 200 treadwear tires, yet my Kuhmo's are rated at 180. Can I still participate on those? Can't afford three sets of tires/wheels. Looking forward to making the trip down, my son is in school at UNCC.

This one? Oh, who is that in the background?
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/03/IMG_25031-1.jpg

Or this one?
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/03/FE990B5D95084FEDB50FFFBA78DE073652900000-1.jpg

Beach Cruiser
03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I registered Yesterday, but I havn't seen any confirmation yet or method of payment? Any answer on the 180 treadwear tires?

Bill Howell
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
you can participate on those tires, just not eligible for prizes. Jess, my daughter, if she hasn't already will as some point today or in the morning, depending on her schedule get you a confirmation shortly.

GeoffP
03-06-2013, 02:28 PM
EDIT - Bill must've answered this while I was typing my reply. My reply is no longer applicable.

Beach Cruiser
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
This will be the first track event for my car, and I have Hoosiers or my 180 tires, don't really have the money for a third set of tires just for this. As long as it's allowed then I won't worry about finding some 200 TW retreads just for this. I actually expect to break something or be slow in general as I have no track time with this car. I'm autox'n it local next weekend for the very first time, if it breaks then I'll bring the firebird. If I come out there and run in the top 10 with an unproven car built with junkyard parts, a 4" cutoff wheel and my Home Depot welder, then thats good enough for me!

Beach Cruiser
03-12-2013, 05:29 AM
Deleted, All is well and I'm ready to come down and run with you guys!

Jrock072
03-13-2013, 06:29 AM
we're glad to have you, Mr. Beach Cruiser!

I hate to keep pushing this, but I havn't seen anything from Jess on my Registration. I just don't want to miss out on this because I didn't push the right button or something stupid on my end.

Beach Cruiser
03-13-2013, 07:28 AM
All sorted out, Thanks Jess

M6Cabrio
03-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Can I bring my M6 Convertible to this event? It has the factory roll bar system that engages on its own. I have been to many track events and some accept it, some don't. I would really like to join on this one though with this car :)

Thanks!

Jrock072
03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
You can, as long as the roll bar is functioning properly. I responded to your email this morning! :)

Can I bring my M6 Convertible to this event? It has the factory roll bar system that engages on its own. I have been to many track events and some accept it, some don't. I would really like to join on this one though with this car :)

Thanks!

M6Cabrio
03-13-2013, 09:09 AM
You can, as long as the roll bar is functioning properly. I responded to your email this morning! :)

Great! Thanks for the email, I guess I didn't see it yet haha.

rchaskin
03-14-2013, 05:35 AM

Thanks!

I see how it is........If you cant beat them join them!!!!
hahahahahahaha!!!!! Welcome!!!

Also, You must wear a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut off!!

LOL. I hope to meet you while at the event!

musclecarmatt
04-14-2013, 05:41 PM
less then a week away...I pretty excited about the event....due to the work schedule didn't think I was going to make it this year....but I finally got off...I'll be there Saturday for little while to watch the road course and other stuff....I'll drive the Camaro down to the event this year maybe I see some you guys there...

Matt

GeoffP
04-15-2013, 02:46 PM
I expect you to come say Hi Matt! :)

Slick68
04-16-2013, 04:38 AM
I was really hoping to make it down and chase cones this weekend, but I have too much other going on this week. At least I'll be at the Rod Run in PF. I hope all you guys have a blast and everyone stays safe.

rchaskin
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
The old Nova is greased and ready.......

GeoffP
04-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Yep I think mine is finally ready to go too!

musclecarmatt
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
I expect you to come say Hi Matt! :)

will do sir!

dunnjun
04-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Which hotel are the non-campers staying at, Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn?

JEFFTATE
04-17-2013, 04:58 AM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday ..
Helpin' and spectating ..

Jrock072
04-17-2013, 05:57 AM
http://americanstreetcarseries.com/southern-slam-host-hotel-info/

SparkyRnD
04-17-2013, 06:18 AM
I'll be there Friday-Sunday in the Uhaul camper. Will they have any on-site vendors for chow during the day, or should we plan on bringing stuff for the weekend (those of us that are spectating / camping in the infield)?

Beach Cruiser
04-17-2013, 07:59 AM
The Beach Cruiser Racing Machine is as ready as it's gonna get. We'll bring plenty of beer in case it breaks! Should be rolling in around 4 or 5 on Friday.

rchaskin
04-17-2013, 11:25 AM

Comfort Inn
220 Wall Street, Camden SC 29020
803-425-1010

rchaskin
04-17-2013, 11:26 AM
I'll be there Friday-Sunday in the Uhaul camper. Will they have any on-site vendors for chow during the day, or should we plan on bringing stuff for the weekend (those of us that are spectating / camping in the infield)?

The track has a food shack that was open all day last year.

dunnjun
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks rcaskin. When you click on the Comfort Inn link it sends you to the Holiday Inn website. I'm at the Comfort, and looking forward to seeing if I can make first turn on the Rednecks home track.

musclecarmatt
04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
looks like a front will past thru Friday....should turn out be a nice cool Saturday and sunday in the low 70's.....hoping be there by 10AM Saturday morning....

71duster
04-18-2013, 04:12 AM

hey sparky we will finally get to hang out some this year. i won't have my car either,so we can sit and bitch about it together! lol!

rchaskin
04-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Thanks rcaskin. When you click on the Comfort Inn link it sends you to the Holiday Inn website. I'm at the Comfort, and looking forward to seeing if I can make first turn on the Rednecks home track.

Do you own the JCG Blue Balz Camaro?

If so, I am already excited about checking it out!!

See you there.

Randy

GeoffP
04-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Yep Karl owns Blue Balz...hoping to check it out too!

SparkyRnD
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
hey sparky we will finally get to hang out some this year. i won't have my car either,so we can sit and bitch about it together! lol!
'bout dang time! I'm bringing a grille, some fold out chairs and some beverages. we'll make a weekend of it :-)

The track has a food shack that was open all day last year.
Thanks for the reply. Just to be safe, I bought enough stuff to keep me set for the weekend.