PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro Wheels help

snappytravis
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Looking for a little advice on wheels, I have a 69 camaro with mini tubs and morrison rear clip. I have a new set of kdws, 275 35 18, and 335 30 18. I have a axle flange width of 55" with 14.5 inches from outer wheel lip to inner tub. I also am running 14 inch wilwood on front, also morrison clip. I have seen a few running vette style wheels with spacers? I am not to thrilled about the spacer setup although it must work ok. I like the zr1 style wheels. I would like advice on running 18s on the front and 19s on the rear? or do I keep the tires I have and run 18s all the way around, Like 18/9 front and 18/11 or 12 rear? I would rather not spend 3g on wheels but may be the only choice.

Formula43wheel
02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Sounds like you've invested quite a bit of time and money into your Camaro so far and I understand that another $3K for wheels is tough to do. However, the right tire and wheel package can make or break a car in styling and performance. Consider having a custom built set of wheels that do not require additional spacers and body modifications.

Mark Stielow has used a 10.0X18 front and 12.0X19 rear on his last two Camaro's (Red Devil & Mayhem) both cars won Optima. This is the stock OE wheel and tire fitment for the C6 Corvette Grand Sport and Z06, so you have great tire selection from Goodyear to Michelin.

You have lots of tire and wheel options out there and $3K will get you a nice set of wheels, good luck!

Formula43wheel
02-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Sounds like you've invested quite a bit of time and money into your Camaro so far and I understand that another $3K for wheels is tough to do. However, the right tire and wheel package can make or break a car in styling and performance. Consider having a custom built set of wheels that do not require additional spacers and body modifications.

Mark Stielow has used a 10.0X18 front and 12.0X19 rear on his last two Camaro's (Red Devil & Mayhem) both cars won Optima. This is the stock OE wheel and tire fitment for the C6 Corvette Grand Sport and Z06, so you have great tire selection from Goodyear to Michelin.

You have lots of tire and wheel options out there and $3K will get you a nice set of wheels, good luck!