PDA

View Full Version : MCI center dash panel for 67 camaro issues

1Bad68camaro
02-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Has anybody else on here recieved the center dash panel yet? If so tried to mount it yet? I ordered mine 10 Dec and was told 10-12 days for it. Asked about it many times over the next month and was always told it was almost done, then nothing for 2 weeks at end of jan so I filed a PayPal dispute. He shipped the panel the next day without explanation and it's not even close to fitting correctly. And it's not able to mount like the factory panel as there is nothing make inside the top to latch to. If you push the top of panel in to meet the dash the sides are over a half inch from the dash as the contour of the dash was cut wrong on the panel when cut out. I immediately emailed mike back asking for info on it on how they were planning to mount it and figment issues but he won't respond to emails. So my last option is to start posting the info. Will load the pics to photobucket so I can post pics of what I'm saying. It looks like they weren't done designing it and just shipped it out as is. But when he sold it to me and I paid on 10 december he didn't say it was still needing months of design work to be right. Anybody else have issues?

1Bad68camaro
02-08-2013, 11:30 PM
First pic shows some weird bulged line in the middle of the panel that will have to be ground down. Rest of pics show with the top pushed in best it can be, what the rest of the panel looks like to dash.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/02/MCIdashpanel4_zpsac7c4d34-1.jpeg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/02/MCIdashpanel3_zps3ec6b6d7-1.jpeg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/02/MCIdashpanel2_zps9fef8583-1.jpeg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/02/MCIdashpanel1_zps36a72eb5-1.jpg

makoshark
02-09-2013, 04:55 AM
I'd open another claim with Paypal and send that panel back for a refund.

MCI
02-09-2013, 05:50 AM
The trim line on the back edge needs to be cut to fit the dash, once it is trimmed to fit, it will mount to the dash without any gaps. This is the first panel out of the mold, so there are a couple of small mold marks that sand off with some 320 on a DA. When the part is fit and prepped for paint or vinyl all of those problems will go away.
You asked us to do you favor and drill the holes for your gauges before we shipped it. After looking at it we decided that we did not want to take the chance and drill the holes in the wrong place. There is not much room for play. Mounting the panel will depend on the gauge arrangement. If you simply epoxy some stainless 1/4-20 countersink bolts to the back of the panel after you drill the holes for the gauges.
Yes, we went a little long on the project. The flu bug made a mess out of our schedule. A small business with just a few people can be set back when everyone takes a turn with the flu.
Listen, we are a small group of guys trying to make something happen, we aren't ripping anyone off and we are not making bad parts. If you would like a refund, I will be happy to send you yor money back for the panel. My suggestion would be to find a shop that can install tha part for you or send it back with the holes drilled for the gauges and I will fit it for you. What you see as a problem, I see as a small adjustment.

Mike
MCI
260-602-7651

1Bad68camaro
02-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Funny that this response looks nothing like the email you sent me this morning claiming my impatience and ignorance was the problem, not your parts. I like how you brought up the gauge holes because if you read above I didnt. As that was a add on I wasnt going to throw a fit about it. But you cant exactly claim it took longer since I asked to do that when it wasnt done. You didnt tell me when I paid that you had not have a finished product yet. You just said you offer this fill panel and your 10 days out on them. I was asking how you were designing it for installed over 2 weeks before it shipped. Thats actually when you stopped responding to any of my emails on estimate on time of arrival as well. Then after I call you out on here to get your attention you send emails saying you want YOUR parts back and never want to do business with me again. How exactly is any of this my fault as the paying customer that was given a timeline? I think waiting 7 weeks to file the dispute was pretty generous considering your promise of 10-12 days. Did you ever tell me you were not going to drill the gauge holes and give options like above? NO, you just didnt respond. Did you explain what issues you have and give me a timeline it would be done? No, you just didnt respond for 2 weeks. So once its already been 5 weeks, then you stop responding for 2 weeks, yes I am going to get pissed and contact paypal as anybody would. That panel has been holding back my build for 3 weeks now. The car runs, and everything but interior is finished. Yet I couldnt mock anything up for dash and console and gauges and that is pretty annoying. I ordered them early so I wouldnt have this problem. I have told you repeatedly I deploy again in july and want to get this car finished to drive a couple times before I leave. But somehow even after paying I was always put on the back burner. So you implying my impatience and ignorance is the problem really pisses me off. I will make sure everybody gets to see what kind of responses you give when it counts. When somebody actually needs the parts.

MCI
02-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Funny that this response looks nothing like the email you sent me this morning claiming my impatience and ignorance was the problem, not your parts. I like how you brought up the gauge holes because if you read above I didnt. As that was a add on I wasnt going to throw a fit about it. But you cant exactly claim it took longer since I asked to do that when it wasnt done. You didnt tell me when I paid that you had not have a finished product yet. You just said you offer this fill panel and your 10 days out on them. I was asking how you were designing it for installed over 2 weeks before it shipped. Thats actually when you stopped responding to any of my emails on estimate on time of arrival as well. Then after I call you out on here to get your attention you send emails saying you want YOUR parts back and never want to do business with me again. How exactly is any of this my fault as the paying customer that was given a timeline? I think waiting 7 weeks to file the dispute was pretty generous considering your promise of 10-12 days. Did you ever tell me you were not going to drill the gauge holes and give options like above? NO, you just didnt respond. Did you explain what issues you have and give me a timeline it would be done? No, you just didnt respond for 2 weeks. So once its already been 5 weeks, then you stop responding for 2 weeks, yes I am going to get pissed and contact paypal as anybody would. That panel has been holding back my build for 3 weeks now. The car runs, and everything but interior is finished. Yet I couldnt mock anything up for dash and console and gauges and that is pretty annoying. I ordered them early so I wouldnt have this problem. I have told you repeatedly I deploy again in july and want to get this car finished to drive a couple times before I leave. But somehow even after paying I was always put on the back burner. So you implying my impatience and ignorance is the problem really pisses me off. I will make sure everybody gets to see what kind of responses you give when it counts. When somebody actually needs the parts.

If you are unhappy with our performance please return the parts. You are clearly up set with the amount of time we spent to create this custom part. I sent that email after reading your comment in a completely unrelated thread. If your goal is to get revenge for us taking to long on a project, then yes,
I will speak up.
We have offered to refund your money or fit the panel for you. Please let me know what you want to do.

1Bad68camaro
02-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I have already spent hours fitting and trimming the console to fit so I will not
be sending that back. And if you would just give me reasonable mounting options
and trimming info we wouldn't even be in this situation. I've assembled this
entire car, wired it, welded up full frame and firewall. But I've never done
fiberglass and interior. Given guidance I am willing to try. All the other
center dash panels available use factory mounting so with you not telling any
different I assumed it would also. Just for clarification the center console was as described and I plan to use it. Plus I didn't keep the 6 foot box as I didn't have room. If you can send me the info on proper trimming and mounting options and I will try to do it as I do not have time to ship it back, wait for it to be fixed and shipped back. This is only thing holding the car from getting interior installed. Thanks.

MCI
02-09-2013, 12:52 PM
I have already spent hours fitting and trimming the console to fit so I will not
be sending that back. And if you would just give me reasonable mounting options
and trimming info we wouldn't even be in this situation. I've assembled this
entire car, wired it, welded up full frame and firewall. But I've never done
fiberglass and interior. Given guidance I am willing to try. All the other
center dash panels available use factory mounting so with you not telling any
different I assumed it would also. Just for clarification the center console was as described and I plan to use it. Plus I didn't keep the 6 foot box as I didn't have room. If you can send me the info on proper trimming and mounting options and I will try to do it as I do not have time to ship it back, wait for it to be fixed and shipped back. This is only thing holding the car from getting interior installed. Thanks.

I will make a new panel Monday and fit it in one of my cars. You can give the panel you have to a friend or a local shop.
We will ship it out on Tuesday,

XLexusTech
02-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Well if you look to the upside... i checked out the MCI stuff and I like it... I would like to see what these look like installed.. the camaro switchblase and the stiletto.
Do you have a Galley of photo book i could check out...

Nice product BTW~

67 455 Bird ragtop
02-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I am also curious how this looks installed. Talked to Mike Friday and he was very engaging in answering my questions. This looks like a nice alternative to trying to mount a DIN radio and gauges.

1Bad68camaro
02-09-2013, 07:17 PM
I will make a new panel Monday and fit it in one of my cars. You can give the panel you have to a friend or a local shop.
We will ship it out on Tuesday,

You are a gentlemen and a scholar. I can still return this one when the new one arrives. Not trying to get anything free.

Blevinator
02-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Mike is a standup guy with a unique concept. I have known Mike for over two years now. He has always
gone above and beyond, answering many questions i have had, anytime I call him. I am sure there is some miscommunication going on here.

1Bad68camaro
02-13-2013, 05:01 AM
Any luck with shipping it out?

1Bad68camaro
02-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Guess not

MCI
02-14-2013, 04:17 AM
Guess not
We fit the panel in my car yesterday, it will ship out today.

parsonsj
02-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Moved to Feedback. Comments are now limited to Mike at MCI and 1Bad68camaro.

1Bad68camaro
02-17-2013, 08:29 AM
8 days later and still no shipping info.

1Bad68camaro
02-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Really need to know if it actually shipped out. Have a show this weekend the camaro is going in.