PDA

View Full Version : 90% 67 Camaro quarters from NPD

67 455 Bird ragtop
02-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Anyone ever used these?? I need to do some patching around my trunk and tail panel area. I previously bought 'Bird skins for some wheel well repair. Then discovered that my trunk area needed more work than I thought. So was considering taking my skins back and exchanging them for Camaro 90% quarters. Which are also $15 a piece cheaper than my 'Bird skins.

I figure it's either that or find someone with some scrap quarters that still have the trunk area intact.

BobK
02-13-2013, 09:30 AM
If your car is like 99% of the other Camaros/Firebirds out there, it's going to have rust inside the window channel, as well as along the deck filler seam, so a full quarter would be best. I'd also be concerned about the overal fit of the panels, since even most of the full quarters fit like crap, other than AMD, so you may end up spending a ton of time trying to make that panel work.

67 455 Bird ragtop
02-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Vert - so no window channel to deal with. Will be replacing panel between the quarters behind the top though. Most of the quarters are solid since it's been off the road since 1989. So I really only need to do a few patches. Also putting full quarters would cause more work since the wheel base was stretched about 3 inches so I could still put the top down even with my tubs. Which was sort of fixed previously. But a 3 piece patch panel was used and I did a crappy job. So I just plan to use a small area around the wheel opening to fix my mistake. So, the 90% meets my needs.