PDA

View Full Version : Go Pro

BuddyP
01-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Looking at getting one of these things. Car isn't finished yet but will want one for it and possibly to try out on the snowmobile this winter as well. Kinda confused between all of the choices.

I see there is the Go Pro, Hero, Hero2, Hero3, Black edition, White edition, etc. Can anyone explain the difference between these in laymans terms? I don't have the need for the bestest of the best. Would just be looking to be able to capture some decent video. I don't need tons of options.

Would even consider the contour if it offers what I'm looking for.

Price is deffinatly a final determining factor since my use of it would be limited.

Thanks!
Buddy P

Jim Nilsen
01-30-2013, 01:44 PM
You could go this route
My brother called me about this and I checked it out and it seems like a heck of a deal and I believe it will do what you are looking to do for as inexpensive as you can get. I haven't seen or heard of this before so we are all on our own for how good it is but for the $$$$$ you can always use it for a 2nd camera someday.

www.CellPhoneShop.net

Go to the other items, other gadgets and see for yourself. there is a sale on them today only and there are 2 to choose from that are both under $40. I got 1 of ea. so I can see which one is better and then use the other one for another view.

DartorDemon
01-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I have the gopro2 HD and i'm very pleased with it. The only negative thing i have to say is that you will want to test the sound quality in the area you mount the camera. The go-pro comes with an open case and a sealed case and they work better/worse depending on the mounting location.

TheJDMan
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
The way I understand it, the Hero HD and Hero2 are earlier versions of the GoPro camera. The Hero3 is the current version. The Black, White and Silver editions are different levels of memory and accessories.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?78815-Go-Pro-hero-or-Contour-hd-camera&highlight=gopro

http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras

kochevy67
01-31-2013, 08:26 PM
I have the Hero2 and I used it when I went snowmobiling in Wyoming and the picture is incredible. It is 1080p and HD and in my opinion worth the cost. Keep in mind the cost has came down becasue now they have a Hero3. The 2 also has a burst shot mode which allows you to take 10 pictures in 1 second, which I found to be one of my favorite functions. It sounds to me like you and me use the camera for similar situations so I am going to recommend the Hero 2.

Noone
02-01-2013, 08:08 AM
A few ideas for you to think about. I was looking at one also and some of the reviews on the new one HERO3 are pretty negative. The battery issues and updating and freezing. Yikes! From how things sound I think the best bet if I was going to get one right now is you use searchtempest to find a used one locally. Most of these get bought and hardly ever used and after a year someone is trying to sell them to get their money back. At least until they get their bugs sorted out and I see how much I will actually use the thing. Getting a hardly used one for half price seems like a good bet for me.

RSX302
02-05-2013, 06:24 PM
I went with the Go Pro hero. I didn't see the advantage for the extra cash going to 2. Only thing that bugs me is the excessive fish eye. Could be a little less. When you use 1080 video, you'd better have a killer computer to work with it- never found the need yet. Usually use 720P 60 frames.

Here are a couple of video clips.

wRaNPnNaLZQ
cnt setting..outdoor setting although in car
jVim2Cb23hQ
spt setting..incar
C__gzq3r7BI