PDA

View Full Version : Subframe bushings Q

Q ship
08-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I tried to PM Ron at Rons race shop, but his box is full. I know that some folks here have used these bushings, so all help is appreciated!

- I am trying to find some info on the GW interloc body mounts. I have a '77 Nova, and I believe that I can use the GW mounts. I used to have a set of the #800's for another car but I can't remember if the #2 (middle) upper mount was thicker than the #3 (aft) upper. Is there any way that you could check on this for me? I also see that they have a kit #806 for Firebirds, and from what I have been able to find online some have used the Energy Firebird mounts in late Novas.

Basically the bottom line is that my stock #2 uppers are roughly twice as thick as my #3 uppers, and I need a GW kit that will fit, if it's possible. Do you carry these(800, 806) in stock? -

Thanks for any help!

Chevy350
11-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Bringing this back from the past...

Hi, Q ship, I just wonder what you found out about the body/subframe bushings? A friend of mine just bought a '75 Nova 2door and I'm helping him choosing parts for it (Guess I'm more of a "nerd" and a little more steady in english).

I'm having a hard time finding bushings and subframe connectors for his car (now that's a shock). I want the weld-in, not the crappy bolt-in sort, but have only found the Comp.Eng "for rear framerails" that don't work, and the Alston racing ones.
http://www.alstonracing.com/pdf_catalog/05_dropped_crossmember.pdf
What are you planning to use for your car?

I have not measured the stock bushings, but will do so tomorrow. The subframe hangs really low relative to the body, so I will rather solve the problems that comes along with the 1/2" lowering ones from Global West (Possibly changing the rag-joint to Borgeson Steering units)

Please send me a PM if you would rather not have it here, I'm thankful for all the help I can get.

Chevy350
11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Just a rough measure laying on the ground - the bushings by the firewall/#2 location are about 3/8" taller than in the rearmost/#3 location. The stock rubber bushings did not look good, so they definately have to be replaced! I do not know how much they have sagged, does anybody know the distance between the subframe and the floor with new/stock bushings?

Q ship
11-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Christian, I PM'd you.