PDA

View Full Version : northwest peoples power tour

Pro-touring towncar
08-09-2005, 05:20 PM
I was just checking on the Hot Rod message and the guys are getting tired of the same old same old with the power tour. Hot Rod catering to the vendors and not the particapents. So it was sugested that Northwest peoples power tour take place.

Dates are in the works but lookslike it will start in Rapid City, SD( Mt. Rushmore) and end in Seattle. I will be attending unless it interfers with school.

Check the HotRod message board for more info.

Tim

Pro-touring towncar
12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
It is looking like we have over 300 people looking at attending as of now. Should be a great time.

Tim

rocketrod
12-21-2005, 02:08 AM
Here is the link to the thread http://forums.hotrod.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4189&an=0&page=0#4189

Pro-touring towncar
01-21-2006, 06:45 PM
With school I may only be able to make it mak it to the Rapid City send off. but hey I will be thee is spirit.

Tim

DarkBuddha
02-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I've been following that for a while now and I'm hoping to do the run as well... but that's assuming my Mach is done for the trip. The trick is of course, driving from Seattle to Rapid City, and then turning around and doing the return trip... I'd have to do the drive to Rapid City in 2 days... that's a lot of driving in 2 days.

I'm also actually hoping to do the HR Power Tour too... but we'll see.

Damn True
02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I've been following that for a while now and I'm hoping to do the run as well... but that's assuming my Mach is done for the trip. The trick is of course, driving from Seattle to Rapid City, and then turning around and doing the return trip... I'd have to do the drive to Rapid City in 2 days... that's a lot of driving in 2 days.

I'm also actually hoping to do the HR Power Tour too... but we'll see.

Piece of cake man. I drove straight through from San Jose to Denver (1300mi) last year in 18hrs. Seattle to Rapid City, SD is only about 1100 miles.

DarkBuddha
02-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Piece of cake man. I drove straight through from San Jose to Denver (1300mi) last year in 18hrs. Seattle to Rapid City, SD is only about 1100 miles.
Sounds about right... I did Reno to Seattle in just over 10 hours for 770 miles. But man, 15-17 hours straight will still pretty much suck, so I'd still want to do it over a couple days. But if I did it right, I would just need to leave the day before the tour. That way I could do most of it that day and then save a couple-few hundred miles for the morning of the start of the tour. I tend to like to get up and drive say from 2-3am to mid-afternoon, so I could knock out those few hundred miles before the tour left SD. :bananna2: