PDA

View Full Version : Master Cylinder Questions

Wingviper
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, I am looking into master cylinders and was admiring CPP's MCPV-1 with the integral adjustable prop valve, etc. I was wondering what the overall concensus was on this product or if someone would recommend something better. I read some previous threads just looking for something more up to date. Also, I could use some info, what is "stop light control"? I have not heard of this before. Thanks!

Apogee
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
The "stop light control" is typically a pressure switch, so if you wanted to trigger your brake lights with it, you could. Wilwood offers something similar on their distribution block with adjustable proportioning valve, 260-11179 (http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderProd.aspx?itemno=260-11179), however we suggest plugging that port with a plug since most muscle car applications are much better off using an electro-mechanical switch on the brake pedal assembly as they tend to be more reliable. Aditionally, if the pressure switch fails, it can cause a leak in your brake hydraulic system, which is not a risk that we suggest anybody take unnecessarily.

Nothing against the MCPV-1 concept, however I prefer separate components since it can make troubleshooting any given system that much easier when you can easily isolate the various components, but that's just my personal bias. Simpler is generally better IMHO.

Tobin
KORE3

Rod
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Ahhh never mind Tobin beat me to the draw, I was going to say stay with separate components for ease of update, repair and blah blah blah

Classic Nova & Performance
01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
I agree 100% with Tobin. Also the CPP package is a little on the large side. We've sold & installed them for customers who wanted them (mostly street rod guys), but I personally like the independent components.