PDA

View Full Version : 3 pt retractible seat belts for 1970 Cutlass with '05 GTO front seats

1 GR8 70
01-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I have recently acquired a pair of '05 GTO front bucket seats to replace my original split bench. I am currently looking into Morris, Andover, or salvaging/retrofitting a set of belts from a suitable late model. Ideally, I would like to go with late model GTO belts and retractors, as the latch plate would fit the latch that is integral to the GTO seat. (My assumption here is that any "off the shelf" GM A-body 3 pt retrofit kit, would have a latch plate sewn into the webbing that does not match/fit in my '05 seat latch.) Obviously, originality and "original looking install" are not primary concerns, and I am only concerned with belts for the front seats - at this point. My questions are: 1) Is there any reason that late model GTO belt assemblies would not work? or be the best option? 2)Should I unbolt the GTO latch assembly from the seat and bolt early A-body bucket seat style latches to the floor so that I could use an "off the shelf" retrofit kit? or 3)Should I see about getting a custom retrofit belt built that incorporates the A-body specific belt, roof bracket, and retractor with the '05 GTO latch plate. This is my first post here, so thanks for your patience..

Brad

morrisclassic
01-13-2013, 05:47 AM
Brad,

The floor in these older cars aren't reinforced to hold the driver and the seat in the car.
We make year and car specific 3 point direct mount in seat belt assemblies.
if you want to use the late model latches we can have a custom set made with those sewn into the belts.
Look at the post of the above yours and see the Camaro that was wrecked to have an idea of the quality and safety of our seat belts.. Call us 864-987-0032 Thank You, Billy

1 GR8 70
01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will be giving you a call on Monday morning. What can be done about the floor?

morrisclassic
01-14-2013, 05:37 AM
Brad,

You would need to talk with a rod builder to get that info.
Billy