PDA

View Full Version : Heidts Performance Car Challenge Registration is now open

Bill Howell
01-11-2013, 10:50 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/newsletter/heidts2014.jpg

Heidts Performance Car Challenge Returns to Autobahn Motorsport May 11-12, 2013
December 12, 2012 (Wauconda, IL) - The Heidts Performance Car Challenge returns this spring to the famous Autobahn Motorsport Country Club in Joliet, Illinois (near Chicago) under the direction of the American Street Car Series staff. This is your chance to have some fun and sharpen your skills with some of the fastest Pro-Touring and Street cars in the industry at one of the best racing facilities in the country. Media coverage for the event includes editors and staff from Super Chevy, Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords and Camaro Performers. The event will also be documented by the folks at Power TV Media who will be creating a video of the racing to be posted on the Heidts’ website shortly after the conclusion of the event.
Heidts Automotive Group (Heidts, Kenny Brown Performance, and Alston Racing) will kick off the event at their headquarters in Wauconda, IL on Friday May 10th with a participant BBQ and plant tour. Following the tour, participants will “cruise” back to the host hotel in Joliet, Illinois near the track to prepare for the weekend’s festivities.

Saturday racers will have access to the Autobahn Country Club North Track and test their vehicles and driving skills on the 1.8-mile technical circuit. The Autocross track will offer a driving test of man (or woman) against a tight cone-outlined track as participants race against the clock. As a special added test of driving skill, the Speed Stop Squared Competition, a combination of braking test, drag race and autocross, is sure to entertain. As a special Saturday only event, we will offer an Autocross Driving School, taught by Pro-Touring level drivers, for the first 20 applicants who sign up for Saturday autocross driving and desire to attend the school. To facilitate these students, special school hours will be dedicated to the school, however plenty of non-school related driving time will be available. In addition to Saturday’s driving events, a Car Show will be staged with participants eligible for multiple class awards as judged by top industry builders including the highly coveted Best of Show award.

On Sunday, racers return to Autobahn to continue the fun driving the North Track and participating in the Auto Cross Challenge and Speed Stop Squared Competition. Throughout the weekend, spectators and participants alike will be able to meet with some of the most prominent vendors and manufacturers in the industry along the HPCC manufacturers’ midway. Throughout the weekend there will be technical seminars on improving your cars handling and performance as well as new product information from industry and vendor experts.

The Heidts Performance Car Challenge is open to all domestic performance cars regardless of year of manufacture - 1964 Mustang to 2011 Camaro, 1969 AMX to 2010 Challengers - bring them out and have some fun! Participant registration is limited to 70 vehicles to ensure that all racers will have plenty of track time. To register simply go to www.heidtsperformancecarchallenge.com and click on “register.”
The Heidts Performance Car Challenge will be staged over two days. Racers can buy either a one day pass for $175 or the complete weekend for $350. You must be preregistered and the event takes place rain or shine, no refunds. All makes and models of cars and trucks are welcome and a muscle car “review” will be included at some point in the show to celebrate the American Muscle machinery in attendance. Car Show participants can attend for $25 per day, which includes an event T-Shirt, and three free parade laps around the North Track. Trophies will be included for various classes of racing and car show. The Heidts Performance Car Challenge is free to all spectators. We look forward to seeing you there!!!

Heidts™ Automotive Group provides the best suspension and related chassis component solutions to create a superior buyer experience for the professional and hobbyist car builder or installer. The best suspension products are derived from field-tested component creation, intelligently engineered parts and absolutely the best quality, American-made manufacturing possible. Heidts Automotive Group's customer service directive begins with passionately dedicated and expertly trained sales technicians delivering quick and accurate customer solutions that ensure a positive sales experience. Optimal product solutions, quality products and customer satisfaction are at the core of our efforts every day. Heidts Automotive Group - Engineered Performance for more than 25 years.

The American Street Car Series started out with one event in 2006. For the first couple of years, ASCS only did the one Run To the Hills event in Pigeon Forge, TN. However, they were the first company to offer autocross and drag racing competition to the Protouring segment. Over the years that has progressed to the point that in 2012 they did six events across the country and feel they are the leader in track days, focused on letting people get true track time on Road Courses and setting up Autocross venues that give people a chance to improve their driving skills and enjoy their cars. ASCS encourages both seasoned drivers and novices to their events and make sure both groups get their money's worth when they attend our events. ASCS is proud to announce they are working with Heidts to bring you the Heidts Performance Car Challenge. They look forward to making this one of the premier events of the year and another of those "must attend" venues. ASCS hopes to see you there. Register now so you don't miss out on the fun.

Bill Howell
01-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Guys, the much anticipated return of this event has now come. Registration has opened and like our other events we look for this one to fill up quickly also. Note that we only have room for the first 20 in our autocross school on Saturday so be sure and sign up now for that if you plan to be part of the school. Today is the official opening of registration and several have already done so.

We will see everyone there in May.

71duster
01-11-2013, 02:13 PM
hey bill. we missed this last year and i want to make it this year. my question is,is this a more "fun" weekend or is this part of the optima deal? and do you have to compete all weekend to qualify for anything?

Bill Howell
01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
This is one of the ASCS events for the 2013 season. Put it in the FUN catagory...haha
While we will do a couple OUSCI qualifers at our events this year, this isn't one of them. However, I hope that all of our events are FUN!!! haha

71duster
01-11-2013, 05:04 PM
they are always fun! i think we are going to do saturday only and save the extra cash for doing more events. thanks!

protour73
01-11-2013, 05:18 PM
DONE!! I'm in for the whole weekend!! I am so jacked as this was a fantastic event in 2011, and will be more fantastic-er with even MORE track time!!!!

See you there Bill!! :drive:

v8s only
01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi bill is this open to Canadians on the registration form only shows us states thanks

Bill Howell
01-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi bill is this open to Canadians on the registration form only shows us states thanks

Absolutely, we love our north-of-the-border brethren. Let me know if that hinders you from getting registered.

v8s only
01-11-2013, 08:16 PM
just registered thanks

Jim Nilsen
01-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Can't wait to see everyone in May!!!

Bill Howell
01-15-2013, 08:09 PM
THanks Jim, look forward to seeing you there and ole yellar. Folks, registration is coming right along on this event, be sure and sign up as soon as you can so you know you have a spot.

Mark -G-
01-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the info Bill! How do we go about designating AutoCross class when signing up? I know a few who have signed up but not designated the class. (first 20 was mentioned).

I appreciate the assistance. :smoke:

Bill Howell
01-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the info Bill! How do we go about designating AutoCross class when signing up? I know a few who have signed up but not designated the class. (first 20 was mentioned).

I appreciate the assistance. :smoke:

On the registration page, the last line before the submit button you just check the box that says you want to do the school.

howehot
01-16-2013, 06:04 PM
It appears the registration form has change from when I registered on 1/9. There was no box for the school or different classes. How do I go back and submit this info?

Bill Howell
01-16-2013, 06:35 PM
It appears the registration form has change from when I registered on 1/9. There was no box for the school or different classes. How do I go back and submit this info?

email me at [email protected] and I will get the change made. Sorry if it wasn't there when you registered. I thought it has been there all along. No issue though, we are not quite to the limit yet, will be by next week.

protour73
01-17-2013, 05:11 PM
email me at [email protected] and I will get the change made. Sorry if it wasn't there when you registered. I thought it has been there all along. No issue though, we are not quite to the limit yet, will be by next week.

Same here Bill, the form has changed since 1/11, email sent!

Bill Howell
01-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Same here Bill, the form has changed since 1/11, email sent!

Got ya covered Scott. Thanks!

tflyboy77
01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Looking forward to stepping up to the road course. The way I see it is if autocross is fun then road course must be better.

v8s only
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
same here the form changed please put me down for the school if possible and in the muscle car class thank you

Tricky
01-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Any pro touring trucks sign up yet?

Bill Howell
01-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Any pro touring trucks sign up yet?

I know a couple are planning to come, not sure if they have actually signed up yet. Look for one from the roadster shop, I am pretty sure it will be there.

Bill Howell
01-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Folks, not being a used car saleman here, but we are over half way full now. I suspect within a couple more weeks, we will be full. Don't wait and miss out because I will not have any "EXTRA SPOTS" for this one. It is what it is, register now if you plan to attend.

So Cal Camaro
01-18-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm registered for the weekend...

71duster
01-18-2013, 05:13 PM
we are in for saturday!

protour73
01-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Looking forward to stepping up to the road course. The way I see it is if autocross is fun then road course must be better.

OMG yes it is!!! The North course is pretty damn cool, front straight is 100mph+ territory!! It will bring out the best in your car, but it also show you what needs to be improved. The Autocross is all that in a more compact package. The big thing to remember is, you drive at your own pace and skill as things are broken down into the different experience levels.

Mark -G-
01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Folks, not being a used car saleman here, but we are over half way full now. I suspect within a couple more weeks, we will be full. Don't wait and miss out because I will not have any "EXTRA SPOTS" for this one. It is what it is, register now if you plan to attend.

Hi Bill, sent an email to verify autocross class for myself and Jim Stehlin. Hope there won't be any difficulties over half full already. Thanks again. :smoke:

Bill Howell
01-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Bill, sent an email to verify autocross class for myself and Jim Stehlin. Hope there won't be any difficulties over half full already. Thanks again. :smoke:

Mark,
I am in New Orleans today and tomorrow and the Heidt's guys are in Cali. I will have verification for you in a couple days, but I feel you are fine.

Bill Howell
01-29-2013, 08:41 AM

Guys, one note here, we have sold out the autocross school. We now have less than 20 spots left. Please sign up as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this fantastic event.

tommycomfort
02-05-2013, 06:23 AM
We're in with the 66! If someone drops out closer to the event and we can shake the money tree we might bring the wagon too. Can't wait!!!

Bad94
02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
We're in with the 66! If someone drops out closer to the event and we can shake the money tree we might bring the wagon too. Can't wait!!!

Im glad to see you signed up. I cant wait.

Jim Nilsen
02-05-2013, 12:58 PM

It's good to hear you will have things back together. I'm doing everyting I can to get ready to hang with everyone who just stepped up the bar.

Why is it everytime we break down the cars keep getting better? LOL.

See you there!!!

Bill Howell
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Guys, sorry I have not posted this before now.
The host Hotel is Holiday Inn Joliet Banquet & Conference Center, 411 South Larkin Avenue, Joliet, IL 60436, Phone: 815.729.2000, Fax: 815.730.0470, www.holidayinnjoliet.com

Room rates are $99/night for event participants, who need to use the code HEI when registering or just reference HPCC event.
Be sure and use the code to get the great rate.

tommycomfort
02-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Well, things change in 12 hours... We're now registered with the wagon too. Bam! Thanks!

796spdbu
02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Are there spots still available?

Bill Howell
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Are there spots still available?

Yes Sir! or let me say there were spots Friday and I have not received notice yet that it was closed.:twothumbs

protour73
02-14-2013, 04:00 PM
86 more days!!! :cool:

Bill Howell
03-25-2013, 01:10 PM
We had held back some spots guys because if some ads that came out in a couple magazines. However, those are now on the news stands so it is open season. We have about 15 spots left and we will be full, sign up now if you haven't already. Once we are full, registration will close and your chance to run at this year's event will be passed.

protour73
03-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Believe it or not, only 41 more days!! :cheers:

71duster
04-11-2013, 05:47 AM
my saturday spot is up for grabs if somebody wants it.

protour73
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
29 days!!! Less than a month guys & gals........and no chatter in this thread? You must be in the garage, wrenching away in preparation!!! :seizure::headbang::attn::wrc:

Bad94
04-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Im ready, but the car keeps kicking me in the butt. Since I got it running and driving I have had to change trannys and now I have a oil pan gaskets leak(I hope I don't have to pull the motor to fix it)

howehot
04-13-2013, 05:20 PM
I know the feeling. Engine shop has had my LS1 for 7 weeks after I spun a rod bearing. Shuold have it back on Friday. That leaves little time for break in.

Mark -G-
04-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the count down Scott! :smoke:

Keep on pressing on with the wrenches!

69lt4
04-16-2013, 08:28 AM
How late can we register? Car is coming along and would really like to make this event.
thanks
Kevin

Dead Hole
04-24-2013, 03:36 PM
What time is the event start on Saturday? Im going to go right to the track. Haven't seen any times posted..

jb@ridetech
05-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Yes sir, The Summers and Sons C-10 will be there.

protour73
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
What time is the event start on Saturday? Im going to go right to the track. Haven't seen any times posted..

Saturday and Sunday the track opens at 7am - turn in your Tech Sheet on Saturday!!

Here's a link to the Tech Sheet http://www.heidtsperformancecarchallenge.com/ascs/ascs%20tech%20sheet-pdf.pdf

Jim Nilsen
05-12-2013, 05:45 PM
It was an awesome event and I want to thank Bill Howell and Heidts and all of the others who gave up there weekend so we could have this one and all of their effort for making it possible. Met a lot of new people and saw some amazing cars.
Hope everyone made it home safe.

Wow!!!!!!!! it was fun and the Cormaro made it back home with no real wounds to lick and a few definate improvements that to be taken care of.

RobLinke
05-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I want to echo Jim's thanks to Bill H. and the guys at Heidts who put on the event. Unfortunately, we didn't fair so well, as the Chevelle blew up the torque converter in my 4L80e and we were done mid day on Saturday. Probably for the best, as I was WAY out of my league compared to many of the drivers & cars there. I heard that the first year (when I came and watched) had 40 participants and this year there were close to 90!

Below are a few pics - hopefully someone else will post more as I was preoccupied and didn't think to go around and take photos for the most part.

Here's one of my chevelle - think I messed up and parked in the "Camaro-only" staging lane. Chevy's were WELL represented at the HPCC this year...

Yeah - I like this photo, as it LOOKS like I'm out in front (in reality in this photo I might have been on the verge of being lapped as we went nice and easy the first time around)

Not sure who she was, but her camaro OOZED speed.

Sobering reminder about how easy it is to get in trouble real quick. Not sure what the circumstances were, but there was a hush over the pits when it happened and we all cringed when the flatbed brought it back in from the far side of the course (out of sight). Unfortunately, this guy had the most photographed car of the day...

All in all, it was a good day and I'm sure everyone had a blast. Me - I've got some repairs to make, upgrades to plan, and A LOT of experience to gain in the coming months. What a rush though...

BuddyP
05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Great to hear the event went well. It's a very nice facility. I made it to the last event (spectator) and was a good time. Unfortunately mothers day weekend does not work out for "guy time at the track". Let's hope for a different weekend next year!

RobLinke
05-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Great to hear the event went well. It's a very nice facility. I made it to the last event (spectator) and was a good time. Unfortunately mothers day weekend does not work out for "guy time at the track". Let's hope for a different weekend next year!

I hear ya, Buddy. When I registered for it, it never dawned on me that it was Mothers Day weekend. So, all things considered, I suppose it was good I came home Saturday afternoon. I agree that the date isn't the best, given that early May in Chicago could be sunny and 80 but is more likely to be 48 and raining. We lucked out as it only sprinkled a little bit on Saturday morning. Nothing to make the track too wet though. Spent Sunday thinking "boy what great weather for racing" as it was sunny and in the 50s. Will be interesting to see the lap times.

Dead Hole
05-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Big thanks to Heidt's and the Bill Howell Crew.. It was a great event.. Had a ball and meet a lot of very great people.. The party that was put on Saturday night was great also.. Wish I could of stayed for Sunday but had to be home. I posted some videos on YouTube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oLiSSqFPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuMNm9fYl8

Bad94
05-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I had a blast. first event with the car with the new build. I have a list a mile long I need to work on.

underground
05-14-2013, 05:37 AM
[QUOTE=RobLinke;991904]I want to echo Jim's thanks to Bill H. and the guys at Heidts who put on the event. Unfortunately, we didn't fair so well, as the Chevelle blew up the torque converter in my 4L80e and we were done mid day on Saturday. Probably for the best, as I was WAY out of my league compared to many of the drivers & cars there. I heard that the first year (when I came and watched) had 40 participants and this year there were close to 90! [QUOTE]

Definetly sucks you had to cut it short but at least it was just the torque converter.
I also Just wanted to say thanks for letting me use your tools to bleed my brakes!

So Cal Camaro
05-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks to Heidt's, American Street Car Series, Jet Hot for the Autocross school and Forgeline for the Saturday night party, and all the other sponsors as the whole event was a great time and look forward to coming back next year to do it again.