PDA

View Full Version : Color shopping... where to? How to

XLexusTech
01-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I have been thinking about my choice of color alot latley. My builder gave me a catalog to use and I have browsed a few paint and manufacturer sites.
Still struggling. Any advice on getting some paint referances to help me choose? WebSites catalogs to order anything?

Camaro1968
01-05-2013, 09:05 AM
I spent some time chatting with the guys at my local Sherwin Williams auto paint Store. They're really friendly and helpful. I asked them lots of questions about the painting process, and they have lots of paint sample catalogs to look at. Just a thought.

oestek
01-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I also like to pics colors from actual cars, and not just chips. Go to a car show, car lot, dealership, etc., check them out on a sunny day, and when you see something you like, work backwards.

XLexusTech
01-05-2013, 04:46 PM
I also like to pics colors from actual cars, and not just chips. Go to a car show, car lot, dealership, etc., check them out on a sunny day, and when you see something you like, work backwards.

Agreed.. today i spotted an Alien....... Alien Green Kia Sol in a parking lot... very much like...

Rick D
01-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I second the dealer for ideas but remember your car has different lines then most newer cars so what looks good on one may not look good on yours. What i used to do was get an idea of what colors you like then do some spray outs on the plastic car body's to show colors on different shapes. Then I would adjust the color if needed to make it just like the customer wanted.

chickendeluxe
01-13-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm doing a 68 Cuda notch back Alien Green. I have done undercarriage, body tub, engine bay and trunk. It looks great! Cant wait to finish the body.

XLexusTech
01-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Pics would be awesome..