PDA

View Full Version : My '67 Camaro has been at Prodigy Customs for 4 years!?!

navyflyer72
01-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I have had it out with Frank before once on here and he essentially "threatened" to tell everyone on here "the whole story" which was that after he picked up my Camaro in Jan of 2008, that I ran out of money when I came off active duty and transferred to the Navy Reserves, and my pay got screwed up for 3 months at the same time while I was deployed to Afghanistan. Since then I have caled and emailed non stop (all thoroughly documented) telling him I have the money to complete the work I hired him for, yet for the last FOUR (YES 4!) YEARS I have been fed a constant stream of lies. One issue of another caused my car to take a back seat in his shop, I would give him a month or two, or four to let the issue transpire, and I would reengage. All to no avail. I even deployed to Afghanistan another two times (which you would think would have given him plenty of time to complete the list of things I had for him to complete. Now it has been since 17Aug since I last had ANY communication from him, despite, numerous calls and emails.

My first interaction with Frank was in 2006, through this forum. I bought some parts off him. I asked him questions about his projects and he commented on what I was doing. His reputation was pretty solid. His projects were amazing and I thought I had an upstanding guy to help finish off my Camaro that I started building in 2001.

Was I ever wrong. His customer service is HORRIBLE, his communication is NON-EXISTANT, and I feel that my final recourse is legal action. I will be showing up in FL to collect my car and all its parts. A Camaro that I have put over $100k into, (though much of that is changing engines and such) but still it had a solid $70k into her when he came to get her. I have the receipts, and photo documentation of the build since 2001.

After my brother was killed in a car accident on June 21st 2011 and I returned on emergency leave from Afghanistan, I contacted Frank shortly afterwards and expressed to him how I wanted to make the project into a tribute car. He was receptive, but then he dropped off the radar. Like I said I am now at the 5 month mark of ZERO comms with Frank. Each time before that it was one excuse after another, the typical slow roll that you get from someone being shady.

Well Frank, if you are still on here, go ahead and respond. It will very likely not change what I am going to do, but you can at least try. Based on your last activity on here I highly doubt you even look at these forums anymore. You are too imbarrassed at what you reputation has become, and for good reason. You are a liar.

And if you want to "tell everyone the whole story" as you have threatened, go for it, I have NO PROBLEM AT ALL posting EVERY SINGLE EMAIL I HAVE SENT YOU, YOU HAVE SENT ME, OR MY WIFE HAS SENT TO YOU. Posting that you will "tell the whoe story" is just not a threat, matter of fact I wish you would, it would answer a lot of questions.

Fool me once, shame on me. I bought your crap for 4 YEARS. It is over. Enough is enough and I am fed up. Expect legal action, expect me with a trailer to get my Camaro.

-George Hartwell, Maryland