PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Air problems

suh weet
08-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Please Help!

I had a Vintage Air Gen II unit installed in my '91 Z28 1LE about 3 months ago. It has been in and out of the shop. Since day one, it has been leaking water(not engine coolant) on the floor of the car. I do get a fair amount of water out of the drain tube. The drain tube is unclogged, unpinched. The cold line is insulated as is the box to prevent condensation. The water is dripping out of the heater vent. The shop that installed it( an authorized Vintage Air Dealer/Installer) has been in contact with Vintage Air, as I have also( I talked to Roy). We cannot get this problem solved. It is getting little old driving the 1 1/2hr round trip to pick my car up when they say it is ready, only to get 5 minutes down the road and start leaking. Anybody with any tips would help! Please!

KUL FIR CHICK N
08-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Be sure the unit is installed level to the ground. Also, make sure there are no air leaks coming in around the original fresh air intake or hose grommets. The most common reason for condensate fly out is due to the unit being installed leaning forward or low on the left. Water will build up in the front of the pan until it gets deep enough to get picked up by the air stream and carried out.

suh weet
08-09-2005, 07:52 AM
I will pass the info along to the shop. The car is very air tight. I have to slam the door to close it. The shop says the unit is level, but I will have them look again. Thanks for the info.

Anybody else have ideas, please chime in. Thanks.