PDA

View Full Version : Well SON OF A ,,,,,

MonzaRacer
12-28-2012, 01:19 AM
So I am sitting here nursing a steering wheel fat lip,sore rib cage, stiff and sorr all over and trying to figure out a new DD beater. Im am luck to be here and thank God I am.
Coming home from work, first day back since Christmas as we had snow out yesterday and boss told me to stay home.
Actually heading to mens meeting for church and making decent time, not rushing.
Came up on one of the junctions I have to stop at. Son of B pulls his S10 out in front of me off a small inclined side street. I cant go behind there are houses.
So Im split second figuring take ditch on left and pray.
AH KEEPS pulling out, figured he would simply get nose out and stop. Try to get over in left lane to avoid and he keeps coming out.
So I nail him in front end as Im heading for ditch. Reason I was going that way, didnt want to hit him in drivers door.
Totaled both cars, I didnt get out of E room till near midnight, turnd out SOB RAN. Gotta call insurance in morning and call mom and see if can get her to coem get me and go see if can figure out her car that I just got done fixings, current issue and get Wal Mart to swap bad batery out.
Dont get me wrong, very thankful I am alive and only bruised, but dang it, why when Im trying to get caught up.
Car was running ok, except would not find 2nd 4th and sometime Rev was fight but had 257k.
Kind of inglorious death, was gonna sell it for Hornet parts too buddy.
Got lots of cleaning and pulling parts, tools nad such out as sore body allows.
AND to top it all off had a great day at work, other tech left and Iwas slammed. Got several hours and cant getthere and dont know if could do the jobs anyway.
BUT cops even put it down they other guy pulled out in front of me. So I can only hope for him having insurance.
Oh yeah, not sure whats up but idiot RAN after ambulance took me to hospital. Well gonna list lost work and such on claim.
Heck my computers didnt even get hurt. Lucky
Got a pretty serious fat lip, cut in side mouth, bruised chin and bruised in left pectoral. The Cavalier had seat belts that hooked to door so with my seat in position I had torun belt under my arm or ran right up over my left ear.

Oh well now gotta hassle with insurance company. I know Cav wasnt worth lot but gee whiz my only transpo except bike. Toooooo cold for motorcycle.
Car really got hammered but part of that was how I hit and there was some rust in front end making it weaker.
But as long as I can get my tools out, my battery survived(new in summer) Im ok but not in good shape to find new DD till insurance pays off.
If they pay off.
So may be on here complaining a little or a lot who knows. Now how to wrangle this into fixing up PT car instead,,,,,,,? Hmmmm
Will post up pics when I get back to brothers to strip it.
Lee:drive2::ripped::jawdrop:

BuzzKillian
12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
I hope you had uninsured motorists insurance. I had a similar experience, even though the other person had Insurance, my company took care of everything and went after the other persons insurance. For like $15 a year.... I made sure I had that coverage on ALL my cars.
In any case... Glad you are still with us! Get well soon.

moreHP
12-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Bummer! Glad you are ok for the most part. Nothing worse than that feeling of a crash you see coming but cant do anything to avoid.

MonzaRacer
12-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Well got call from other guys insurance. They took responsibility, got a rental! Freaking Chargers SUCK in snow.
OK car. Kind of over did it going down to moms and trying to see if I could get her Olds figured out. Had it for month back in fall working on issues and maintenance. So had to go install new battery and drive it to Wal Mart for it. Not MY idea to have to install battery they put in last time. AND wrong size.
But got new proper one in. Gonna see if it helps. Gotta wait till Wed, Think they are gonna make offer on pain and suffering. Gotta wait till adjuster comes to look at car.
So it turns out I'll get Car money, pain and suffering, lost work, medical bills, towing.
SO here is too hoping for SOME semblance of decent settlement. I mean its not like Im disabled, just out a car and some days of work. Turns out other tech got in wreck too, then one of GS got sick or hurt or something. GREAT end to great week.
Been looking around on line for cars, got couple other leads on used cars. Just hoping they dont low ball me on car too bad. I know its old but still ran great and had put quite a bit of work in to keep it up till spring at least.
But anyway. Here is too hoping for enough to get some work done on projects too.
Ill get some pics of the poor car up as soon as I make it too that area. Its at my brothers as wreck was only about 2-3 miles away.
Man I AM sore. BUT thankful to be alive and groaning over dead or in hospital like my big wreck in 94.
Guys I saw it clear, if I stayed straight I would have tboned him in side.
So I TRIED to take ditch on left side of road or go around. My theory is he was coming up slight inclined road, to intersection and thought he could make it, but was spinning too much and when he caught traction ran in front of me rather than stopping.
I also knew if I tboned him as fast as I was going (under 50 was coming up on another junction/stopsign) being an S10 I would have severly injured him or killed him.
It WAS just bad judgement on him. I knew I couldnt go to the right as there were houses on that side and the junction/road he was coming out of.
Didnt want to hit a house and possibly hurt others. I can fix or replace cars, I chose the left side ditch over worse choices.

MrQuick
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
yeah man that sucks, same reason I want to get a dash cam.....I've always been taught if your not at fault don't try to avoid in a no stop situation... it always makes it worst. If its a choice of going between into oncoming traffic, hitting a ahole T squared, rolling into a ditch or hit a road side tree...I say brace for impact and initiate RAMMING SPEED!! If you would have t boned him, he would be held accountable for his mistake and not planning on how to possibly steal another car.

Sorry to hear about this Lee, just be grateful you can still post this. Hopefully the other guy gets what he has coming.

Thephranc
12-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer

Even if they say they will give you the world they will do everything to pay as little as possible.

John Wright
12-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Dang Lee, glad that you're OK. Looked like you took a hard hit.

LS6 Tommy
12-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Glad you're OK, too, Lee. I second getting in touch with a lawyer. File every kind of moving violation complaint you can think of against the other guy, too. It helps.

Tommy

MonzaRacer
12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
As long as I get paid for lost work, decent amount for my car and reasonable pain and suffering and the rental till get a car solid and reliable, Im good. I really am not looking for killing them just for spite.

MonzaRacer
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Well first offer of 850 pain and suffering, got 10k in hospital bills, offered 751 on car but re evaluating after submitting work I had done to car this year, alarm, tires brakes etc.
also submitted price of two sets of glasses as ear pieces on my safety glasses are now held together with jb weld and ear pieces from some sunglasses, and lense got broke in everyday glasses.
found a 99 Grand Am that needs some tlc engine wise but didnt sound bad, higher miles but figure either pick up parts engine and build another one or look for JY candidate to save for to change in summer if need be. BUT hope I can get them over the 1200 for pain and suffering mark. I mean gee whiz this guy drives out in front of me, lose 2 days work, stiff sore, cant sleep in regualr bed, still have fat lip, all the fun stuff,,,but I didnt get hurt bad enough he says.
I drew line in sand, where Ill go, no less.
could have killed the beggar by t boning him, prefer to NOT kill people. he was in S10. I have seen s10 t boned, very bad hurt or dead.
but then what would have happened to ME if I had hit him in ds door as he drove out in front of me? Im in rental till 18th, then probably get my moms 94 Olds till figure out new used DD.
I really dont want any more debt and sure dont think I want to put90mi a day on new car.
If it was summer I could ride bike, but anyway.
Bad thing is my mig welder was in trunk and got good size dent in it. Now gotta figure out if it got hurt.
Just sucks all around.
What a way to end year!

Thephranc
01-14-2013, 05:36 AM
I can not stress how much you need a lawyer. Believe me I did what you are and thought it work out. I was shoved into another car after being rear ended and the insurance for the car that hit me is doing everything not to pay out. Its what they do. You need some one with clout to get you what you deserve.

Ravenworks
01-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Glad to hear you're not injured, seriously at least.
This is the stuff that gets me going, big-time! I was rear-ended by a young woman just over a year ago while driving our new Malibu, sitting at a dead-stop behind 6 trucks at a light. She had no insurance, tried to run away when we wouldn't "let it go" and the cops showed-up, had to get to the methedone clinic, was living in the car, had no insurance, costs us $750 deductable. Then last summer our oldest boy got his '94 Caprice Wagon and started turning into an Impala SS wagon. He barely had it a month, was loving life, and got t-boned pulling out of our neighborhood. The guy who hit him was going 65 in a 45, knocked our boy unconscience, the guy was stoned, had an 18-month kid in the truck, no insurance, and a pound of weed in the truck! Oh, did I mention the 46 criminal convictions this dirt-bag had, 24 of them being vehicular related? What good are laws that are unenforced?
Sad part, our son only had liability on the car as we had recently taken him off our insurance so he lost his car and got nothing (at least until we bought him a Trans Am). At least your's had insurance but yes, you need to LAWYER-UP!!!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/01/ericscar_zps8cf32eac-1.jpg

Ravenworks
01-14-2013, 07:04 AM
I'll also add this... I was in the passenger-seat of a '66 Mustang my friend owned in 1984, we went through an intersection and a woman blew her red-light hitting us head-on at 50mph or so. At the time I was 18 and other than a bruised knee I seemed just fine and got a small settlement of $3000 after lawyers... Fast forward 10 years and that knee injury ended-up costing me a career in the Marines, I couldn't run anymore than a mile or so as the cartiledge in that same knee was torn and damaged... From that accident.
What this could cost you down the road is why you need a lawyer...

MonzaRacer
01-16-2013, 01:41 AM
Well spoke too soon cause knee just gave me warning, went back to er, another scrip, knee brace and crutches. feels like knee is coming apart on one side. so gotta see ortho doc, gonna call few attorneys. Guess I can thank God the insurance dip wad wouldnt settle yet!
Just hoping knee isnt too bad, would love to be able to ride bike , and do some good work on my cars this year. Maybe,,,,
I do thank all of you who chimed in. Ill keep things posted up. off my feet till fri, thursday gotta take rental back. was hoping lady would call with good new so I could go get used car I found, start fixing issue I know need. Heck now might be able ot get even better car. In the end.

MrQuick
01-17-2013, 09:36 PM
f that Lee, get a lawyer. Sorry to say it but this crap is going to be with you for a few years. I got hit in my Cuda years ago and I have knee problems and an enlarged cranium. Worst thing is I STILL can't play a guitar.

You would not have killed him. A holes like that always walk away.

MonzaRacer
01-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Hey Mr. Quick, HE left scene of wreck, got picked up and went to jail, at least for while. Not sure why, may have been drunk/high/holding,,,,who knows or cars.
WELL may have found cheaper car, First car was 99 Grand Am guy got it hot, it has cold air air filter on it and starts and runs w/196k, oh and need 2 window regulators. Books for 1550 was figuring on offering 1000 and start hitting him with 20s or 50s one at a time. He has other car and really doenst have cash to work on it.
THEN a 98 Buick Regal, was stolen and has sat in downtown Bloomington for yr and half collecting parking tickets, less miles though.
Needs battery, one from my Cavalier may be ok and work or be warrantable. needs couple of tires, some coolant elbows from block to tensioner for heater hose flow, cap, thermostat and flush. Also will need some brakes soon. But being a tech its no big on brakes. May get this one for 200-250! Guy is calling junkyard, offered him 200 so far but service writer at work is talking about cutting his bill to help him "pay" for the car. Basically get him to deal. Car is in great body shape, lots of crap in trunk, clothes,books, etc. BUT it is cleaner car.
Hoping get solid number to try and come up with. Buddy of mine gave me a $100 bill to help get this car, kind of pay back for his getting a Chevy Venture van for $200 off me back in 09! Picked that one up w/bad alt and bad battery.
Just hoping for a reasonable price I can meet ot get it as it looks better and has less miles.

BuzzKillian
01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Worst thing is I STILL can't play a guitar.

OK... I gotta ask... Could you play before the accident?

MonzaRacer
01-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Well lost the Buick owner decided to keep it. DAMN. Well the search goes on.

OK edit this,,,the guy agreed to sell the car for $350, clean enough, needs some work but not bad for me will need to swap out battery, fix some coolant leaks, swap out the subframe bushings on the front sub, at least swap out two tires, recheck all the front end and redo alignment, go through all the small things inside that need fixed back up, make sure the brakes are fresh as it does need brakes, change out fluids.
One thing I want to do is replace the outside window fuzzies as sitting for year and half trashed them and if dont change them the the doors will rust out too quick.
Also got my insurance settlement on the car at least. Wopping $751!

MonzaRacer
01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh yeah, go for MRI on knee next Thursday, Xray and shoulder eval next Friday. I never really paid too much attention to HOW much shoulder was giving me,,,wow really NOT working as it should. May just need t some PT and a shot or maybe worse.
As for my knee,,well it only hurts IF I walk on it too much, as long as I am on crutches, doesnt act up much. The brace they put on it sure keeps swelling down.
Hopefully not too bad as I hate going to docs and really hate needles and such.
But I hate not being able to lift over head or walk regular.

MonzaRacer
01-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah, go for MRI on knee next Thursday, Xray and shoulder eval next Friday. I never really paid too much attention to HOW much shoulder was giving me,,,wow really NOT working as it should. May just need t some PT and a shot or maybe worse.
As for my knee,,well it only hurts IF I walk on it too much, as long as I am on crutches, doesnt act up much. The brace they put on it sure keeps swelling down.
Hopefully not too bad as I hate going to docs and really hate needles and such.
But I hate not being able to lift over head or walk regular.

MrQuick
01-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Geeze Lee, hope you pull through.

Good to hear the guy was caught. *******.

OK... I gotta ask... Could you play before the accident?

not a lick....oh wait I can to 2 notes of Stairway. LOL

MonzaRacer
01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
After I get things fixed up a bit I guess this will be my new DD. Kind of plush for a guy like me!

David Pozzi
01-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Lee, I just found this thread. Sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you mend fully.
David

MonzaRacer
02-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Well started getting some good news, and started getting some money. Got paid for some of parts, the new tires and the car and some good news from the doctor.
Unfortunately I have arthritis and joint wear, the wreck just really messed with what I already had.
I dont have any permanent damage from the wreck, just deep bone bruise in my knee. Hopefully the exercises the PT guy gave me will help with my shoulder range of movement.
I am certainly hoping I can get some extra consideration on the pain and suffering end as I still have issues after long day or over exertion of my knee or shoulder.
Also Saturday I got my new/used car title,,,now just got a few more things to fix up and get it registered/plated. Just hoping the car works out and not give me too much issue,,,it did sit for year and half after being stolen.

MonzaRacer
05-14-2013, 02:24 AM
OK so more on the wreck and such.
Got the Buick Regal after all. Needed battery, turn front rotors (rusted but new pads), new rear rotors and pads. Need new coolant elbows from engine to tensioner, got them in metal, just need to change them.
So it turns out trans was hurt from neglect of TCC fluttter, got JY 66k trans, supposedly had cracked axle housing,,,case cracked, swapped for 130k, turns out this one had dark fluid but not burnt (smelling), swapped seals, installed it, drove two days then flushed and filter kit. This one has intermittent TCC flutter but I think I can fix it with couple of solenoids.
Had to swap out the auto dimming mirror, got one from ebay from 2000 Suburban with compass/Temp,,,still need to get temp sensor and install it and lost map lights old one had that worked intermittently.
Put 2000mi on old trans then swapped as SES light came on for TCC stuck on, had new/used one anyway and was running out of warranty time.

Now looking for a decent 2DIN radio. GM or Aftermarket (looking at those cheaper Chinese ones with ARM/other processors even found one with small tablet for face) .
Also noticed electrical smell at first, now know where, high blower out.
Still need to retime wipers/transmission for them. AND CLEAN.
Oh and I want to change out the door trim that seals windows,,outside seals are trashed from sitting. Like over $300 for all 3from GM!!!
But drives good. Oh yeah put some more WinterForce tires on front and after trans swap installed new tie rod that found loose and realigned it.
Basically for a $350 car I am still killing the cost factor:
Car $350.00
change from console - 6.60
rear view mirror 27.65
Trans manuals 46.40
key fob 9.00
wiper blades 5.00
tie rod/trans fluid/oil change 35.00
used trans 294.25
new tires 165.00
AC service valve,high side 4.82
GRAND TOTAL $584.02

I WIN!

dpruden
05-24-2013, 09:21 AM
hey where in southern indiana you at? I grew up outside Evansville, was there till i was 20.

MonzaRacer
05-28-2013, 05:25 AM
Burns City, about 30 mile noprth of Jasper where ridetech is located.
Well AC compressor leaks out body seals, so no AC anddeer smacked DS outside mirror busted that, knocked mirror part out, tiny pieces of the formerly heated mirror all over.
Thanks to Ebay I have a new/used one for 31.83,,,,oh snap over $600 in car now!