PDA

View Full Version : Would like some advice from everyone on my car...

73z-6sp
12-27-2012, 04:15 PM
dcfvgbhnj

vintageracer
12-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Nobody has any money right now for Four Eye Foxbody Mustangs priced over $10K.

All you have to do is go to any of the Foxbody Mustang sites, read the posts about cars for sale and see all the enthusiasm there is for the Four Eye Foxbody Mustangs by a bunch of guys who are all BROKE!

The reality is that $10K is no money at all in the collector car world. $10K does not even buy a good paint job for some cars. Vendors of parts and labor do not care what your car is worth when they price their product or service. $1K car or a $50K car the labor rate is the same. We both know that it is EASY to spend the $13,500 you are asking for your car building that same car. 82 GT's are available all over the country for $1K that need built/restored. If you look at your time, the price of parts and paid labor to build your car your asking price is not unreasonable. That does not mean your asking price is realistic in today's market!

It's hard to sell a "modified" Four Eye Foxbody car for over $10K I don't care how nice it is! An 1800 mile totally stock time capsule 82 GT Mustang just bid off Ebay with a real money bid at $17K. I know the seller & he did not sell the car. That was a good offer in today's world for a superb ORIGINAL 82 GT. He is still pissed at himself for NOT taking the $35K real money he was offered for the car when times were good. Two Fools Met! The only 4 Eye Mustangs to bust $20K recently have been Saleen Mustangs and documented race cars.

Why is Collector Car Trader "too expensive"? You want over $13K for a car and you are not willing to pony up $50 for an ad that will be seen by thousands of people? That's foolish in my opinion. Buyer's have to see it before they can buy it! The problem with advertising on FREE "marque specific" websites related to Mustangs or whatever the car marque is that the guys on those websites already own a car and just want to talk about & dream about cars. Rarely are they buyer's of cars. FREE sites like Craigslist are full of bottom feeders who sure as Hell are not going to pay top money for anything! Ebay is great advertising whether your car sells or not on Ebay. Most cars do not sell on Ebay but are sold because of the Ebay auction.

You are in Arizona. Your car MUST be at the Pavillion with a FOR SALE shingle on your car the Saturday of BJ auction weekend (January 19th) for the that Saturday cruise in. LOT'S of cars get bought and sold there as there are lots of people in town for the auction who go to this cruise in to look at what's for sale. Hell I have bought 5-6 at the Pavillion cruise in over the years when attending the auctions that week. Get there early and spend the day with your car. If nothing else your Mustang will get seen by buyer's with MONEY and all you need is 1 ass for that seat!

Let's face facts, Vail Arizona were you live ain't the center of the collector car world but you are within 120 miles of the center of the collector car world! Yes where you are located really does has a lot do with the value of a car. Your car is worth more in Scottsdale auction weekend or California than off I-10 somewhere SE of Tucson where you live. Selling a car for top money is not easy. Selling for top money involves a lot of effort on the part of the seller (you) to make that happen. Selling for top money also requires the expense of advertising, promotion and in many cases baby sitting your car a good venue with a lot of buyers standing around. It's never easy selling a later model car for top money. You must put in the effort/work!

You asked for opinions and that's mine!

Rod
12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
agree with vintageracer^^^ above most guys buy mustangs as a cheaper entry level hot rod, I have fox bodies in our area from 800 bucks to 6000 for clean GT cars yours is nice but thats not what a fox body guy is looking for, way outta there price area

73z-6sp
12-28-2012, 03:43 PM
rfgvbhnj

Rod
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3494832768.html

just a quick look and I turned up this and this is the high end of pricing

73z-6sp
12-28-2012, 03:50 PM
fvgbh

Rod
12-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Asking 6800. Quite a leap from 1000 and not far from where Im at. Looking at the upgrades I have compared to his easily makes up the difference in our prices.

just helping not here to argue, good luck with sale

73z-6sp
12-28-2012, 03:52 PM
dcfvgbh

vintageracer
12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
No bad vibe intended.

You asked for opinions about selling your car, the price and comments about Collector Car Trader.

I offered my opinions based upon the questions you asked in your original post.

Just trying to offer suggestions and answers to your questions based upon my understanding of what you were wanting in your original post.

Good luck with your sale!

Johnny Blaze
12-29-2012, 07:50 AM
I agree with vintageracer,

You have a ton in your car and it shows, it looks great. As stated there are a few problems,

1. the market, guys are broke.

2. the vintage, Your car just is not one of the 'more desirable bodies' the potential buyers are a lot less, and again many of them are broke.

I'd say, if you like the car and don't have to sell, don't, now is not the time to sell.

Another suggestion beef up your ad. For that kind of cash, you should provide a ton of pics. I want to see several interior shoots, underhood pics, etc....