PDA

View Full Version : Package Tray Replacement... Marquez Design

rfalker1
12-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Hey guys I am an audio freak.. and am thinking about replacing my stock package tray because it is rattling and causing some weird sounds back there when I crank p the volume. I am thinking about replacing it with a fiber glass package tray from marquez design

Has anybody here installed one and chime in if it elminated the weird noises.. or would it be best to remove the old one put some dynomat on there and put on the a new one from marquez design.

I have mm polk audio 6x9 in the back and some 6.5 in the front with a 10" jl audio w7 in the back that i am about to get a custom fiberglass box built for it. Thanks for all the advice...

P.S I am running about 900 watts rms total in the system and the entire flow is dynomate'd but nothing is done in the rear.

Thanks for any help

Chris 68
12-25-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm just putting my set together and testing it out before the car goes to paint, the only thing I have not dynamated was the package tray itself, I currently have a 12 firing down directly beneath it. I haven't heard a single rattle and I have cranked it the point the garage doors were rattling. It could very well be the clips holding the rear widow trim, I would have someone press on those while you have the music going to determine if that may be the source. But I could be dead wrong.

astroracer
12-26-2012, 01:15 PM
I would find the source of the rattles first like Chris mentioned. It sure would be a PIA to do all that work and find it is something simple like a clip or loose screw.

rfalker1
12-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks Guys.. I will check that.. But it seems the wood is a little rotted... I think that could be part of the problem, and will check the screws as well!! But I am going fiberglass anyway!! It will be the self proclaimed christmas present for the 68