PDA

View Full Version : Help with front running lights

ertoys
08-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Hey guys, when I took my car apart, every light functioned properly.

Now that I have it back on the road, my right parking light will not work at all.

My left one does work. All other lights including both front turn signals operate correctly.

The front parking light bulb is good (it works in the drivers side).

I did remove the entire grill, headlights, and signal assemblies to clean and replace, and I reconnected the signal ground.

I am confused!:crying:

paul67
08-08-2005, 07:26 AM
mabe live wire broke to check run wire from left to the right remove feed to the right to see if come on if so you have a break if not poss ground fault.
paul67

ertoys
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Sorry but I dont understand, remove feed? do you mean connector?

paul67
08-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Sorry the live that goes to the left light connect a wire from that live wire to a sperate new wire and take over to the right hand light, disconnect the live wire on the back of right hand light and replace with wire that you have put on the left live wire and connect into the back of the right hand light, if it comes on you have a break in the right hand live wire.
paul67

ertoys
08-16-2005, 01:09 PM
I found the problem, though I dont get how I missed it the first time.

Switching bulbs was the first thing that I had done, it acted the same.

I switched lite housings then my pass running lite worked and the drivers didnt.

That prompted me to check the bulb again, upon close inspection of the bulb one of the terminals came loose and was grounding out the other.:screwy:

Thanks for the opinions on where to search guys, I appreciate it!

paul67
08-17-2005, 12:40 PM
They don't make parts like they used to, see thread on spark plugs.
paul67