PDA

View Full Version : RTTH 2013 Dates Announced!

Jrock072
12-11-2012, 09:37 PM
The 10th Annual Run Thru the Hills will be taking place in Pigeon Forge, TN, Sept. 13-15, 2013. Please see our website for any updates and registration information. As always, we will post all info to our American Street Car Series Facebook Page, as soon as it develops!

http://americanstreetcarseries.com/events/

Z06vet
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Do you know if you will be offering the driving school again on friday?
Scott

GeoffP
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
I sure hope so - I will be doing my best to attend this year! I felt like I got "schooled" by the guys who attended the driving school this year!

SRD art
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
How do I register? :) I didn't see that on the web site, not available yet?

LeadSSled
12-18-2012, 05:20 AM
How do I register? :) I didn't see that on the web site, not available yet?
Registration has not historically been open until late June or early July preceding the RTTH event.

SRD art
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh. I don't know if I can wait that looooong..... lol! I'll keep my eyes peeled then.

Sweet Impala photo BTW!

LeadSSled
12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Sweet Impala photo BTW!
Thanks! It is sitting in the garage with a grenaded transmission now... awaiting funds for repair. ;)

Bill Howell
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Guys, late breaking events today may alter the date of RTTH this year. For now, save the following weekend also. More info coming soon.

tommycomfort
12-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Guys, late breaking events today may alter the date of RTTH this year. For now, save the following weekend also. More info coming soon.

That would be great news for me!

SicMonte
12-20-2012, 11:18 PM
This will be my only ASCS event in 2013 so I will be there no matter what!!!

....im gonna miss you all next year...

howehot
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
I plan to attend this event for the first time. Looks like we'll have a couple Montes there. I was told there are quite a few G-bodies that attend.

Slick68
12-24-2012, 03:27 PM
I plan to attend this event for the first time. Looks like we'll have a couple Montes there. I was told there are quite a few G-bodies that attend.

There were about 6 at RTTH VII, but only about 3 at RTTH VIII. Another won't hurt, though.

I'm looking forward to it again. Hopefully, I'll have the truck setup a little better this time. I'm going to try to get in on the school for sure, though.

Slick68
12-24-2012, 03:30 PM
The 10th Annual Run Thru the Hills will be taking place in Pigeon Forge, TN, Sept. 13-15, 2013. Please see our website for any updates and registration information. As always, we will post all info to our American Street Car Series Facebook Page, as soon as it develops!

Wait a minute........What happened to the 9th annual event?

xxxturbo6
01-12-2013, 09:15 PM
I will be there for the 2013 RTTH event and swinging at the fences!

Project92rs
01-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Anyone in Pigeon Forge want to take delivery of the car for me if I ship it in from out west to run it at RTTH? With my schedule there is no way it's getting driven from Phoenix to TN and back for the event but shipping it in and joining it for the weekend is always an option.

LeadSSled
01-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Anyone in Pigeon Forge want to take delivery of the car for me if I ship it in from out west to run it at RTTH? With my schedule there is no way it's getting driven from Phoenix to TN and back for the event but shipping it in and joining it for the weekend is always an option.
I'm not in Pigeon Forge, but about 50 miles/1 hour away in west Knoxville. I could take delivery of your car in Knoxville and keep it safe in my garage until you arrive.
I am about 30 minutes from the Knoxville airport if you are flying in. I know that you don't know me from Adam, but I've known Bill Howell for a long time and he can vouch for me.

Bill Howell
01-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Sorry, missed this post.
Feel free to ship it to my place. 6+acres in Pigeon Forge with ample parking. I am losing (leased) my indoor storage but it will be secure here and I could possibly put it in a storage container if need be.
Also, if it is easier for shipper to deliver to Knoxville, LeadSSled is a great option and he is closer to the airport than I am. Yes, I will vouch for him as long as he isn't asking me to tell you he will never hit a cone.....hahaha

LeadSSled
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Yes, I will vouch for him as long as he isn't asking me to tell you he will never hit a cone.....hahaha
I certainly can't argue with that!
:drive2:

Project92rs
01-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Bill, Terry (not Adam), thanks for the offers. I'll have to look at auto transport and see who can pick up and deliver to the various locations. I expect I'll find either will work but Val and I are still discussing options right now. I'd love to just drive it that far but I can see my boss's reaction now.... "You want a week off to do what?"

LeadSSled
01-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Bill, Adam, thanks for the offers.
Actually, it is "Terry". I just said that you don't know me from Adam. :) If I can be of any help, just send me a PM.

71duster
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
i am a little farther than sled,but i might could take it. i have a shop now,but if we move i will have a bigger one! so i may have plenty of room. i have the flat basterd valiant in my shop right now.

DesertFox
01-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks for al the offers guys! We're still working on the exact logistics but we are planning on making this the big "vacation" event for the year.

ACR-Mark
01-16-2013, 05:45 AM
So, is the 13th through 15th now set in stone, or do we still need to keep the following weekend open?

tommycomfort
01-17-2013, 05:31 AM
So, is the 13th through 15th now set in stone, or do we still need to keep the following weekend open?

Great question! Detroit Speed lists RTTH's as being as Sep 21-22 and Orange Cone Racing has it as Sep 20-22. I'm ready for clarification. One weekend is my National Guard weekend and the other is Goodguys Indy, so it's going to be a bummer either way.

RS_Customs
01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Bill is still working on some good stuff and will chime in as soon as he can.

Robert

Bill Howell
01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Great question! Detroit Speed lists RTTH's as being as Sep 21-22 and Orange Cone Racing has it as Sep 20-22. I'm ready for clarification. One weekend is my National Guard weekend and the other is Goodguys Indy, so it's going to be a bummer either way.

Tom, you have listed the same weekend here, just left Friday off of the DSE listing. As for now, and that could change, but it looks like RTTHs will be Sept. 20-22. The thing that could possibly change is location. Still waiting on clarification.

tommycomfort
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM

Tom, you have listed the same weekend here, just left Friday off of the DSE listing. As for now, and that could change, but it looks like RTTHs will be Sept. 20-22. The thing that could possibly change is location. Still waiting on clarification.

Yep, I am aware those are the same weekend but I think the confusion was based on the original information that was put out. Thanks for the clarification!

Project92rs
01-31-2013, 06:09 AM

So is this date final? Some of us are considering the cross country drive to do this and need to put in for vacation to see if it's possible.

SparkyRnD
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
finally putting together my calendar, would love to make this (hopefully the dates are open on my end)

Bill Howell
01-31-2013, 07:54 PM
So is this date final? Some of us are considering the cross country drive to do this and need to put in for vacation to see if it's possible.

RTTHS will be Sept.20-22. However, it may be in Nashville rather than PF.

SparkyRnD
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
WHOA....Nashville? I'll bet Finch would like that much more!

LeadSSled
02-01-2013, 03:52 AM
RTTHS will be Sept.20-22. However, it may be in Nashville rather than PF.
Not very "hilly" in Nashville. You've already got "Run to Music City". Whatcha gonna call this one?

I hate to see the original event move away from where it all got started. But I understand business is business.

Thanks for al the offers guys! We're still working on the exact logistics but we are planning on making this the big "vacation" event for the year.
If this event is moved to Nashville, it really doesn't make sense for you to ship your car to Knoxville. You would still be 2-1/2 hours away from the action.

Bill Howell
02-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Not very "hilly" in Nashville. You've already got "Run to Music City". Whatcha gonna call this one?

I hate to see the original event move away from where it all got started. But I understand business is business.

If this event is moved to Nashville, it really doesn't make sense for you to ship your car to Knoxville. You would still be 2-1/2 hours away from the action.

I hear, you, understand you and would love to keep it here. If it does go to Nashville, and likely will, it will be Run to Music City. RTTHs is the granddaddy of all our events and people love coming here. The problem is, we have simply outgrown our venue available here, and can not grow the event unless there is someone that will put in a road course we can rent and I don't see that happening. What you may see is a cruise only type event come back to Sevier County, but for now, we need more/better/larger venue for this to grow.
Sadly, that means I have to travel to attend also.

LeadSSled
02-01-2013, 09:01 AM
I understand, Bill. I'm disappointed, but understand completly. It is a real shame that the Thousand Suns International Road Course proposed for Oak Ridge never came to fruition .

DesertFox
02-01-2013, 07:05 PM

True, it looks like we're just gonna drive it out take a week hit the east coast then go to the event and then head home. We are also toying with the idea of driving out then shipping it home. Should be a good time.

SicMonte
02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I kinda like the fact that there wasn't a road course at RTTH. It was a totally laid back atmosphere. I tend to think that road courses intimidate people to push there cars to the point where they run out of talent. That can be dangerous...very fun...but dangerous to a rookie.

That being said...I'LL TOTALLY BE THERE!!!!!!!!

SparkyRnD
02-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Nashville = 3.5 hours from me
PF = 3.5 hours from me

WIN!

Plus I have some friends up in N'ville, would be good to see them and have a fun racing weekend at the same time!

Bill Howell
02-04-2013, 08:02 PM
New week, new plan.
July6-7- Run to Music City in Nashville
Sept-Run to the Hills-Pigeon Forge

GeoffP
02-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Whew - I'm glad RTTH is still happening in Pigeon Forge! The location is a big part of why I can come to RTTH (for my wife to shop while I play). :-)

Z06vet
02-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Awesome- I was bummed it was moving. Def in again this year. Scott

SicMonte
02-10-2013, 08:29 PM
soooo....is this final?

xxxturbo6
02-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Sept-Run to the Hills-Pigeon Forge Bill is this final then? Exact dates? Location?

jtwoods4
03-16-2013, 05:27 AM
Guys what exactly is "Run Through The Hills". There is no description on their website. Is it a race?

tommycomfort
03-16-2013, 05:39 AM
Guys what exactly is "Run Through The Hills". There is no description on their website. Is it a race?

It's a gathering of like minded car folks (friends) that also has a couple of days of auto-x action and cruising. You'll want to go, we're always looking for new friends!

Slick68
04-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Any further updates on the actual date, location, etc?

SparkyRnD
04-24-2013, 12:43 PM
and need to find a common campground for everyone :)

xsuperjoex
04-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Guys any updates on this?

pharmd
06-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Couple different dates mentioned...what is the final date for this (trying to make travel plans).

dropit69
06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
well if its not the weekend of grand fall run i will not be there..took vacation then because was told it was that weekend again but seen date changed and i cannot get that weekend off..will be the first one missed since the first one :-(

SicMonte
06-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Just heard confirmation from Bill, via my FB page, that RTTH 9 will be the weekend of the Grand Fall Run September 13-15, 2013.

GeoffP
06-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Has the location been decided yet?

xxxturbo6
06-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Just heard confirmation from Bill, via my FB page, that RTTH 9 will be the weekend of the Grand Fall Run September 13-15, 2013.So now that you know the dates, are you making plans on attending? LOL

SicMonte
06-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Oh I'll be there...with my sights set on a certain white regal. Be scared. =)

xxxturbo6
06-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Oh I'll be there...with my sights set on a certain white regal. Be scared. =)
Awesome! I look forward to it....

SicMonte
06-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Salt and Pepper

GeoffP
06-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Ok so I looked back and it appears that this is solid info:

Sept 13-15, 2013 at Pigeon Forge

I also noticed that typically registration for RTTH opens late June to early July. If this holds true then registration should open any day now!

XTRMEASURES
07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Where can i get more info about this event?

Slick68
07-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Where can i get more info about this event?

http://americanstreetcarseries.com/

There's not a lot of info yet, but there should be soon. Otherwise, keep check in here.

tflyboy77
09-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know where we can leave trailers for the weekend? I'm staying on the north side of pigeon forge in a cabin and they have no trailer parking. I tried to get ahold of Bill and the drag strip with no luck. There are four open car hailers in our group that will be looking for parking.

jtwoods4
09-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know where we can leave trailers for the weekend? I'm staying on the north side of pigeon forge in a cabin and they have no trailer parking. I tried to get ahold of Bill and the drag strip with no luck. There are four open car hailers in our group that will be looking for parking.

I have heard of people leaving Trailers or Campers in Walmart Parking lot over the weekend. Not specifically the Walmart at this event but in general. I would call them and check.

tflyboy77
09-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I'll try that. I heard that the rod run was going on as well so I'm guessing parking in pigeon forge will be at a premium.

Bill Howell
09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
I have you covered. 5 acres at my place.

tflyboy77
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Calling Walmart!!!!!Wow that was fun!!!! But no luck. I'm gonna start trying other businesses tommorow.

MuscleRodz
09-06-2013, 09:22 PM
sweet, will give you a call when we roll in on Thursday afternoon.

tflyboy77
09-07-2013, 04:28 AM
Sweet!! Thanks Bill. Can you PM me an address.

juniorjohnson
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM
So I'm new to this series, and have a few questions.

First, I can't seem to find a schedule anywhere online. Could someone point me to a link? I looked on the American Street Car series site, and didn't see one...

Second, I have a 42' Goose-neck, and am staying at the Governor's Inn. What are my chances of finding a parking spot, and if none, could someone point me in that direction as well?

Third, I see the Autocross will be held at the TN Smokies Stadium, but where will the rest of the event take place?

Thanks in advance, and look forward to meeting you all!

1966longroof
09-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey Junior Johnson.......I asked Jess the same thing a couple days ago. And got a schedule and required forms emailed to me this afternoon. It appears he sent it to all entrants. If you didn't get it.....pm me with your email address and I forward it to you.
Additionally, I just happen to be wearing my Junior Johnson T shirt.

Bill Howell
09-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Trailers welcomed, at no charge at my place in PF. 3620 singing pines rd.

Schedule has changed. We were able to get the stadium lot at the last minute (today) for Saturday since the ball team lost their final game last night. So, autocrossing Friday and Saturday morning. cruise and dinner saturday afternoon. No drag racing now.
Registration at host hotel on Thursday evening.

rchaskin
09-10-2013, 04:49 PM
This is great news...sorry Smokies......

GeoffP
09-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Yay! I'm so excited! Made my 4 hour trip to get new gas tank straps worth the effort!

Z06vet
09-10-2013, 07:00 PM
66longroof- were you on the powertour this year? I think we ran together on the interstate on way to birmingham.
Scott

1966longroof
09-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Hey Scott how you doing. Yep....it's me and the ol' wagon. You going to RTTH ?

Heading out the door in few minutes. Got the car gassed up, my bag packed and in the car already. Time to thrash on my BFG's. Should be fun......2 days of AutoX.

David.

rchaskin
09-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Trailers welcomed, at no charge at my place in PF. 3620 singing pines rd.

Schedule has changed. We were able to get the stadium lot at the last minute (today) for Saturday since the ball team lost their final game last night. So, autocrossing Friday and Saturday morning. cruise and dinner saturday afternoon. No drag racing now.
Registration at host hotel on Thursday evening.

Wow, I had no idea you were on the main drag in PF.
I bet I have stayed at Whispering Pines 20 times.....

juniorjohnson
09-11-2013, 05:32 AM
Hey Junior Johnson.......I asked Jess the same thing a couple days ago. And got a schedule and required forms emailed to me this afternoon. It appears he sent it to all entrants. If you didn't get it.....pm me with your email address and I forward it to you.
Additionally, I just happen to be wearing my Junior Johnson T shirt.

I got it in my email last night. Thanks though! I'll see you there.

And by the way, nice choice in t-shirts!

SicMonte
09-11-2013, 01:42 PM
see you all sometime thursday evening!