PDA

View Full Version : Vent window hardware, where to buy?

navyflyer72
08-06-2005, 10:09 PM
I need to purchase the hardware (washers, spring, etc) that hold the vent window into the vent window assembly, any ideas where I can buy these parts?
Thanks, George

Jim Nilsen
08-07-2005, 07:54 AM
I would give D&R a call or Rick's. Either one should have them used if not new. You really could just use any spring that fits the dimensions and as for as washers go use nylon or delrin and stainless steel to replace them it really isn't that critical and noone will ever notice the difference until they take them out. I just cleaned mine up and reused them since they didn't seem worn anyway. The only one that is critical is the one with the inside flat and the outside tang.

You might also try your GM dealer and look through the misc. trim and fastener book that they all have. If your parts counter guy doesn't know what your talking about go to a different dealer.

Jim Nilsen

navyflyer72
08-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Jim,
Thanks for the info, I cleaned and reused my passenger side hardware, but when I moved from Florida to Washington State the other hardware was lost in the move. What a pain. At any rate, thanke for the help.
-George

Happyfunballs
08-08-2005, 04:34 AM
You may want to give Classic Industries a call since they are on the West coast. I got all my hardware and new seals from Rick's.