View Full Version : Ok...no RTTS this year..how about Run To The Hall 2013!!

12-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Ok, so it looks like RTTS is a no go for 2013, so how about Run To The Hall? The Hall is the Baseball Hall of Fame and its about 25 minutes from the new New York Safety Track course in, of all places, Davenport New York!!!
A couple of us went up there in October this year and the track is awesome and the track manager is a great guy.

So here's the 6 million dollar question...who would be interested? It would be a one day track event, but its beautiful up there, some great driving roads and we would do a cruise over to the baseball hall of fame, so we would make a 2 day event out of it at least.
What are the thoughts on doing it Friday/Saturday? we may get a better date (better rate!) if we do the track Friday and the rest of the stuff Saturday/Sunday?

Feedback gentleman please.


12-11-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm down. Just need the final scheduling "ok" from the boss. (wife)

From a work / travel standpoint it would be easier to do the cruise / non racing stuff on Friday then do a Saturday race. This way only Friday is a vacation day. Now I could make either one work but prefer a Saturday race.

How are the track side amenities? Should we get a hot dog / hamburger list going?


12-11-2012, 07:49 AM
I;m down. OK with either day scenerio.

Food wise, White Castle has a 100 pack Crave Case. :o Better put some TP on ice.

Friday for leisure activities works better as I could be there say later morning and have the rest of the day to galavant around vs taking of 2 days.

12-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Sounds good .... I'd be in pending some details.... like hours of driving on the course.... it would be cool if we could somehow do an autocross or speedstop on Sunday too.... just a thought.....
Please keep us posted and anyway I can help.... just pm me.... thanks


12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
definite no, kids baseball is officially in the way...

12-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Ya'll have fun!

12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Man, I log into Facebook and I see this! Tease! I'm gonna send Bill a text!


12-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Note RTTC 4...not 3. This would be the 3rd year not fourth unless is being booked in advance

12-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Note RTTC 4...not 3. This would be the 3rd year not fourth unless is being booked in advance

the text is for RTTC -= Run to the coast.

The image is from RTTS!

I'm just bustin' Bill's chops. :)

12-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Nick, count me in for sure.
Thinking outloud, but a Friday track day would mean getting up there Thursday night. Then another night after the track for Cooperstown etc on Saturday. A Saturday track day could mean one night: head up Friday, cruise around Cooperstown and group dinner, then one Friday night stay for early Saturday start on the track affair. Either way for me, but I don't want to track on Sunday. That would leave no time to get back home from any unforeseen DNF stuff.

12-13-2012, 05:57 AM
I'd be interested in this.

Any idea how much it would cost to book the place?

12-13-2012, 06:31 AM
I spoke to Greg yesterday, the issue we have is that we are coming a bit late to the track booking party to get a prime Saturday date for next year. I had already spoken to him about doing a couple of shared Saturday events with a smaller group (15 - 16 cars). When I say shared, we would split track time with one of the motorcyle training classes, so say 4 or 5 hours of track time....so that may be alternate approach
He has already offered May 17th (a Friday) as our own day, and is getting back to me with what that will cost. I will keep everyone posted as to what we can offer us.


12-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Count me in as well... Friday track day (leave thursday) is a bit rough for me, but If that what it is Ill make it work. May will be a nice time of year up there

Man, I log into Facebook and I see this! Tease! I'm gonna send Bill a text!


I saw that too... I got all excited for nothing!

12-13-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm in for May! I dont get the baseball thing but I'll go with the crowd just for the drive I guess. I also prefer track time on Saturday.

12-13-2012, 08:32 PM
...baseball, Lol. I'm trying to talk about road racing 500hp cars and you guys are talking about baseball? jk

12-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Keep me informed on the details....I'm a maybe.

12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
So I spoke to Greg and here's what he is offering us.
We will be allowed to join one of their "member day" events, basically it is an event the track runs and we are "signed up" to come play on Friday May 17th. His current thought is that we will be the only car group there (they are primarily a motorcycle track) and if we keep the cars to 20 or less there will only be 3 or 4 groups running 20 minute sessions from 9 to 5. OK the 2 things to remember is that a) it WILL be a Friday (first one will be May 17th) and b) we will share the day with the bikes ......
but the plus side is that a) we can go up again on any member day (they are planning to have one at least once a month) b) price will be in the region of only $200 per car (+ or - $10)
So I need a yes or no for May 17th, with room for 20 cars.
PM me if you are in and I will get your contact details and we can work out the details early next year.

12-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Im going to have to pass on a friday track day. Have fun!!!

12-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm in! just to clarify, the bikes are in their own run group, right? -Dan

12-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Bikes are a seperate group.

12-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Count me in. All I need now is a motor.

12-24-2012, 05:42 AM
ok, I only have 7 cars from the pro-touring group. I have opened it up to the Factory Five Cobra guys as well.

12-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Cool! Let me know final details and payment stuff. Other than a new alignment and a new brake hose I think i'm good to go.

01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
I have 2 or 3 more if you need then, c4, c5, and c6 vettes if you don't mind or need more to make it work . Dan

01-02-2013, 05:21 PM
PM me the info.Hope to nail down the price and work on the little details by the end of the month.


02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Any further details? I have 1 plus possible 2 more

02-06-2013, 07:07 AM
I am in touch with Greg at NYST every couple of weeks, just waiting for their new website to be up and running and I will announce the steps to sign up.
Right now I have 17 cars signed up.


03-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Friendly bump...

03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Nick- let me know if you need $$ etc and have any extra open spots- I do have a couple vette friends that would like to go.

Also, same weekend, Sunday May-19 is an Auto-x at Mohegan Sun casino in CT if anyone wants to go? www.cartct.com


03-16-2013, 09:03 AM
I would be interested but won't know until early may if I can drive again yet. My leg is broken and I can't step on the clutch yet.

03-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Ken- ouch! Get that leg healed up! Hope you broke it with style... Jumped in front of a car to save a supermodel etc. (that sounds a lot better than "slipped on ice" or "forgot to pay the Super Bowl wager")