PDA

View Full Version : Southern Performance Systems

Tom Welch
12-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Great company to work with, John is a stand up guy. I cant say enough good things about him. We had ordered a ls swap kit that he advertises on his site. Well the long and short is the parts we got were not correct for the stated application. The manufacturer blamed me, stating that I must have installed the parts wrong. I emailed pictures. The response was that either I was wrong or 'somebody' sent me the wrong parts. I spoke with John at Southern Performance Systems about this, we came up with a plan, the plan worked. I am now sending the unusable mounts and cross member back to him. Southern Performance System did what I consider to be the right thing in this case and I believe that it is indicative of their standard practice. I happily recommend them for ls swap advice and parts. The manufacturer of the unusable mounts will not be mentioned here since Southern Performance Systems still has a business relationship with them.

Tom Welch
3 Guys Garage

Tom Welch
01-10-2013, 04:37 PM
To add a postscript; The company I had issues with was recently boasting of their hi quality ls swap kits on facebook. I took exception to this and stated my case. While I knew it would create controversy I mainly wanted to get them to acknowledge that they could have been more forthcoming with a potential solution to the issues I had. I was at the time swapping an lq4 into a 67 Firebird. the subframe has had the seems welded and checked for straightness. The kit I decided to purchase was supposed to be a bolt in application for the engine and t56 trans from a Camaro. Well, it was not up to the expectations set by the seller. The frame stands and engine mounts fit well enough and went on with no issues, the engine seemed a little high but no worries I thought. Now the subframe is on the ground separated from the car at this point so installation would be straightforward. The trans bolted up fine, but the crossmember was not going to fit. I have pictures at the shop showing the fitment issues and they were forwarded to Southern Performance systems who in turn sent them to the vendor in question. I was told by them that I was wrong as I stated in the previous post. Well I restated my case on facebook, now these folks have deleted the posts I made somehow and show only their side of the story. I wont ever recommend these people to customers of mine due to these issues. I am now looking at 3 more ls swaps coming our way, I know now what will work and at least some of what wont. the bottom line is, study, study, then see some in person and then decide what to buy.

BulldawgMusclecars
02-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Tom, your post was deleted on my Facebook page because you continued to bash BRP, after I had allowed both of you to state your case and asked that the topic be closed. You instead copped an attitude, and the post was deleted. If you want to bash a supplier, do it on their page, not mine.

Tom Welch
02-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm happy to stand firmly by what I said. We have posted the pictures on our facebook page for anyone to see if they care to. Deleting the posts only serves to add credibility to what I have said concerning this issue. I chose to leave BRP's name out of this discussion as a courtesy because Southern Performance Systems has a business relationship with them. I maintain my position that BRP has poor customer service and in my case an incorrectly boxed or incorrectly made part. They refused to consider that there was anything wrong other than faulty installation, refused to send another part or to email a dimensional drawing or anything helpful, this goes to their poor service after a sale. That is where it is for me and 1 other ls swap customer that is currently in our shop now. This may be small potatoes for some but I will recommend and use what works and recommend good service before, during and after a sale is made since that is what I do.

Tom Welch
owner
3 Guys Garage
912-964-9222