PDA

View Full Version : Deep Wheel Tubs Dynacorn vs DSE

32deucecoupe
12-08-2012, 11:51 AM
What is the difference between the Dynacorn deep wheel tubs and the DSE wheel tubs, besides the $150.00 difference?? Has anyone used the deep dynacorn tubs..are they as deep as the DSE tubs? almost forgot, this is for a 68 Camaro.. :)

They appear to be the same guage sheetmetal. Looking to purchase some in the next 2 months.

Thanks, Jeff

Jody SS
12-08-2012, 05:11 PM
DSE fits much better than Dynacorn stuff.

Classic Nova & Performance
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I prefer the DSE tubs.

MuscleRodz
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
The difference is you get a knock off part without instructions or templates on how to install them.

mikey
12-12-2012, 08:43 PM
The DSE tubs basically come as a kit with excellent technical service and support. The tech service has always been top notch.

Blevinator
12-26-2012, 09:49 AM
DSE tubs are wider, last I checked.

Sorry. Dynacorn must have came out with a deeper product?

BuzzKillian
12-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I researched this a while ago, and found That besides not being in a Kit form... The Dynacorn are about 1 1/4" narrower. If you're not real handy at fabrication. The money you save trying to go cheap, will be eaten up in time and frustration. (Unfortunatly, I have learned and forgot this lesson many times)

Rod
12-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Go with the DSE the service and quality are worth the extra duckets, look at it this way....there is a reason that their product is being copied, right, because its a damn good part, but you cant copy good service and advice

32deucecoupe
12-31-2012, 12:18 PM
I will go with DSE, the cost Difference is minimal compared to the overall project price.. Thanks for all the great advice..

diesel25lrs
12-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Ok- i have to step up here... I have the dynacorn tubs. First time i mini tubbed a car & i didn't need a DVD or directions... You can find all the info you want on the internet & im sure you have some cardboard lying around for a template.... The reason i went with them was not cost- they are a little wider! Not sure how much but im running 345s & DSE guys have 335s... Not knocking DSE because they make great products but its just a piece of metal that doesn't get seen like a knock off fender would! The fitment was good...

BuzzKillian
12-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for chiming in Josh... I based my comments on printed specifications in the dii catalog. Real world experience is always better.

Vortech404
01-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Hey Josh,
I was looking at the Dynacorn tubs for my 69 Camaro.
Do you have to notch the frame? I'm only looking to fit a 315 tire and wanted to avoid
notching the frame rail if it wasn't required for that size tire.I will be running a SpeedTech T/A setup.The DSE tubs are twice the price.
Money to be used elsewhere.

Thanks
John

Lyndon
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I am mini tubbing my 69 right now. I have the dse tubs, and it's true they really do fit great. I will say that if I were you I wouldn't base the decision on customer service or the instructions they come with, because in my experience neither one was all that great. The instructions are very short and a bit over simplified, the video is nearly worthless. I think they are both in serious need of updating. You will get much more from following peoples online threads. Not meaning to knock dse too much, but every time I called with a question, the guy basically just repeated the instructions. When I asked for measurements, he just said he didn't know. In fairness, I know it wouldn't be easy to walk someone through this procedure, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try harder. Also, I have made a mock tire from cardboard and I'm not sure but I don't think a 315 would fit with clearance without knotching the frame rail. I'm gonna make a 315 mock wheel soon, so I'll let you know how it fits.

diesel25lrs
01-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey Josh,
I was looking at the Dynacorn tubs for my 69 Camaro.
Do you have to notch the frame? I'm only looking to fit a 315 tire and wanted to avoid
notching the frame rail if it wasn't required for that size tire.I will be running a SpeedTech T/A setup.The DSE tubs are twice the price.
Money to be used elsewhere.

Thanks
John

John,
I'm really not sure that you could even fit the tubs in without notching... You notch the part that curves outward a little... Its really not hard to do-cut off wheel, grinder, some sheet metal, welder & your back in business- just time consuming & more scary cutting on your baby than anything! you have to remember that those rear frame rails aren't holding a lot of weight or structure up under the trunk...As far as tires go- every 315/?/? Is not the same mounted width either... Check out tire rack & compare some specs on different brands of the same size...

Quickboat
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM
I've just ordered the DSE tubs but I also need the new outers replaced. I hope this does not become a major ordeal. Any one do this with quarters in place? Are not 315 wide tires a ******* size? 305's are more readily available.

KHShapiro
02-02-2013, 05:35 AM
fyi its really really easy to reuse your own after you cut it out by adding some sheet metal back after you move it inboard and tack it back into place.. save a ton of cash even if your having someone else do the work