PDA

View Full Version : Door window weather-stripping question

navyflyer72
08-05-2005, 09:49 PM
I am about to install the weather stripping channel that attaches to the roof and provides the upper seal for the windows on a 67 Camaro, I undertand that there was a rubber strip that was used originally to seal between the channel to the roof, does anyone know who sells those pieces of flat rubber? Also how/where do the blowout clips attach? Thanks in advance for the help.
-George

paul67
08-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Would you like some pics .
paul67

navyflyer72
08-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Sure, pics always help. I understand things much better when I can see them. Thanks.
-George

paul67
08-06-2005, 08:18 AM
hope this helps if not give me more info
paul67

Jim Nilsen
08-07-2005, 08:25 AM
I used the 3/8 foam seal that you can get at any Menards in the window sealing section. It will have peel back tape on one side. Use the softer of the two durometers available. I couldn't find the part number, but it works fine and if you want you can use the black 3M weatherstrip adhesive on the side that goes to the stainless.

Make certain that you have trial fit your windows and the weatherstrip before you do the final adhesive. You may have to shift the stainless channel a bit it get it all perfect. There is enough slop in the holes that it can make a difference between a perfect look and a crappy factory fit which was common back then.

I don't really know what you mean by blowout clips?

One more tip, The metal piece that wraps up from the trim piece to hold the weartherstrip in the first pic you have posted can be fixed with shrink tube or the black vinyl tool grip dip that you can get at any hardware store. Just brush it on several times or make a custom cup to apply it.

If you need any more help just ask, i will try to keep looking here .

Jim Nilsen