PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide on my next project

MichaelLeeHearn
12-06-2012, 06:54 AM
I have been going back and forth on my next project. As I need to get things ordered as there is a wait time for delivery I am needing to make a choice soon.

So here are the two choices I am down to right now, both are from Race Car Replica's (RCR) out of MI.

#1 is there SLC set-up for the track, as I perfer have a full roll cage for safety reasons. Also the car will be seeing mainly be used for the track, but will keep it street legal. I am planning on using a LS7 with this build if I go this way.

#2 is there RCR40 MKII ( GT40 MKII ) set-up for both street and track use. I am planing on a few body mods - wide body options I have seen, updating a few other things to bring it upto date with out taking from the classic looks of the car. If I go this way I am looking at running a 5.4L Mod motor with Kenne-Bell SC.

My thing is both cars are totaly different in style and design one classic and on Modern supercar style looks. I have started to get general parts that will work with either build, but am to the point where I need to order the car and engines to get this build started in a few months.

I plan on building both cars in time, but for now I need to decide on one.

I am looking and listening to see what others think.

keithq69
12-06-2012, 08:30 AM
My brother is looking at the RCR cars right now also.
He has ruled out the SLC for a few reasons.
He prefers the look of the GT40 and if and when you want to sell it the GT40 has a market in place and will sell easier.
The SLC handles better from what I understand. They are both great cars and either one would be great.
The other car he's looking at is s Jaguar Low Drag Coupe.
Way more money but very exclusive market.

Good luck.

MichaelLeeHearn
12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I am going to speak with FRAN at RCR tommorow as he is busy to day with a few things.
I am pretty well set on going with GT40 MKII, I am just needing to see if there is a few mods, I am hoping that he can work with me on.. Nothing major, but will help with what I am looking for.