PDA

View Full Version : R U faster than a Redneck???

Bill Howell
12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr9IgelTyqo&feature=youtu.be

Please be sure to share this with all your friends and on your facebook page.

Rod
12-05-2012, 01:58 PM
already added it to my facebook thingy Bill, get r done

Bill Howell
12-05-2012, 02:41 PM
already added it to my facebook thingy Bill, get r done

Thanks, that is what we need. Always do like I did too, when you post it, tell people in the post to pass it on too. I would love to see this go viral.

Rod
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks, that is what we need. Always do like it did too, when you post it, tell people in the post to pass it on too. I would love to see this go viral.

done!!

Mr.VENGEANCE
12-05-2012, 04:06 PM
single handedly this show will give ALL of our cars the 3RD GEN connotation to the average citizen..

thanks guys.. just when I thought the first and second gen shook off the 80s taint..

hahaha

Bill Howell
12-05-2012, 04:41 PM
single handedly this show will give ALL of our cars the 3RD GEN connotation to the average citizen..

thanks guys.. just when I thought the first and second gen shook off the 80s taint..

hahaha
I hate to take your money on this one since I know the outcome, but if you dare to take a wager on that, I am open. There will be no 80s slant or prostreet trailer queens in this show. Now, Rednecks, gotta say we were typical rednecks, but this was real, wheel to wheel racing, and the hit you see in the video wasn't staged.

protouring70
12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
So when does this come on? The video said this Friday

Larry Callahan
12-05-2012, 04:54 PM
February not Friday

Bill Howell
12-05-2012, 05:11 PM
February 22 following the truck race est.

brownz
12-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Done

Mr.VENGEANCE
12-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I hate to take your money on this one since I know the outcome, but if you dare to take a wager on that, I am open. There will be no 80s slant or prostreet trailer queens in this show. Now, Rednecks, gotta say we were typical rednecks, but this was real, wheel to wheel racing, and the hit you see in the video wasn't staged.

um.... whadderyoutalmbout?.. The show looks AWESOME and looks to be the real deal.. I was just saying.. just when I thought I heard ALL of the "redneck camaro" banter(like the 3rd gen camaro guys get).. now ESPECIALLY if you guys been kicking the tail out of most.. then I better prepare for the new jokes.

but yea Bill.. If its a mess of PT guys involved in this.. I know its gonna be good.. just poking fun at how red your neck is for real.. ahahahha

Roadbuster
12-05-2012, 09:06 PM
This show should be both funny and have some great action on the track!

Thanks Bill!

72'Monte
12-05-2012, 10:32 PM
i can't wait to see it on tv.

Bill Howell
12-06-2012, 08:52 AM
um.... whadderyoutalmbout?.. The show looks AWESOME and looks to be the real deal.. I was just saying.. just when I thought I heard ALL of the "redneck camaro" banter(like the 3rd gen camaro guys get).. now ESPECIALLY if you guys been kicking the tail out of most.. then I better prepare for the new jokes.

but yea Bill.. If its a mess of PT guys involved in this.. I know its gonna be good.. just poking fun at how red your neck is for real.. ahahahha
Oh Ok, I thought you thought this would be negative. It isn't at all, IMO, but I R 1 as far as rednecks go, and yes my neck gets pretty red with just a little sun.
This show was real, the racing is real and the outcome was the outcome, win or lose. I do think everyone will be happy with the overall results, but yes, some of us may have run out of talent before we ran out of race...... I will leave it at that..........

moreHP
12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I look forward to seeing this show! You know, since I am a west coast redneck and all...

Bigblue73
12-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Enough already - Where can I buy a Mullet Mafia T-Shirt? Come on Bill you are the Master of Media and NOW..... the King of Chromavision. Great job and best of luck to you guys. I am serious though - this Missouri Redneck wants to buy a couple t-shirts.

Mr.VENGEANCE
12-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh Ok, I thought you thought this would be negative. It isn't at all, IMO, but I R 1 as far as rednecks go, and yes my neck gets pretty red with just a little sun.
This show was real, the racing is real and the outcome was the outcome, win or lose. I do think everyone will be happy with the overall results, but yes, some of us may have run out of talent before we ran out of race...... I will leave it at that..........

negative?

I guess we havent kicked it enough to know me.. negative means NO in my book and I just want to GO!!!

If ANYTHING.. i want yall to KICK THE SHET OUTTA THOSE GUYS..

I by myself hang around a few of those import guys and hear the same thing over and over again that we cant turn.. aside from MY car which ive proven to them on more than one occasion between eachother.. so to have it on TV like that to show them we can get down.. I AM ALL FOR IT!

but getting Hillybilly.. ahhahaha

cause as far as the 80s was concerned this was me and my car..

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/13551590_gal-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/i001137-1.jpg

Finch
12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
From what we have seen of the editing so far this show will be a hit. It was a blast to sleep, eat, and race at the track for a full 2 weeks and they didn’t even film the best parts.

Season 2 should have a hidden camera episode catching all the things that happen when Rednecks and the cover of darkness are combined...a little of the shine was added in to aid in encouragement

GeoffP
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm really looking forward to this show too. I've watched the video several times, especially the '10 Camaro / BMW hit... I would stroke out if my Camaro was on the giving or receiving end of a hit like that!

Bill Howell
12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
From what we have seen of the editing so far this show will be a hit. It was a blast to sleep, eat, and race at the track for a full 2 weeks and they didn’t even film the best parts.

Season 2 should have a hidden camera episode catching all the things that happen when Rednecks and the cover of darkness are combined...a little of the shine was added in to aid in encouragement

Right, it was interesting every morning when I would get up to see what YOU guys had done to the poor producer's gator that day. Poor guy, never knew what to expect every morning......hahahahahahahaha

RS_Customs
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM

Fun......nah...lol

Robert

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/IMAG0014-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/IMAG0019-1.jpg

GeoffP
12-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Too funny! :)

Bill Howell
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
http://player.vimeo.com/video/11296849

IF this car can turn left and right, then I may swap teams..haha

qnitro
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Man, I can not wait for this.. I love speed channel, I will make sure my TVR is set up...

19,69camaro
12-07-2012, 08:35 AM
This looks like this should be an awesome display of what our cars can do. That being said I hate fan boys no matter who they are almost as much as wanna be Larry the Cable guy rednecks. Personally I think all sports cars are cool so whether their muscle cars or not. Why pit one against the other.

Like Amir said this has the potential to make Pro-touring enthusiasts look like a bunch of dumbass Hillbillys. I hope I'm proven wrong...

btw How do you circumcise a redneck?......Kick his sister in the jaw.
Sorry couldn't help it :)

Mr.VENGEANCE
12-07-2012, 09:23 AM
ah, this guy got what I said..

CHRIZ28
12-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Just watched the trailer! I was hesitant at first, I was afraid of what it was going to be lol. But just looks like a bunch of guys having a blast beating the crap out of some awesome cars. Can't wait to see it!

Chris

tazzz25906112
12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Fun......nah...lol

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/IMAG0019-1.jpg

We were just concerned for Bud's safety wheeling that hot rod around the infield,,,, so after copious amounts of Apple desert (LOL) we thought he might need a little slowing down this morning question ;-)....

Slick68
12-11-2012, 05:35 AM
Can't wait to see this!!

jokerswild454
12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Some of us got a chance to get a sneak peek at Doug Renner's house at last year's Run To The Coast. I can't wait! Even had one of the freelancers, Lindsey Fisher, write a small mention about it.

LINK: http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/video-ru-faster-than-a-redneck-pins-american-muscle-against-import/

Sean Haggai /// Editor, Chevyhardcore.com

Johnny Blaze
12-11-2012, 11:03 AM

hahaha

Quite Frankly if I cared what the average citizen thought of me or my car, I would not be driving any type of hotrod.

I certianly don't what them to think I'm doing the cool thing and they have to too. Thats what the import crowd grew from. All the wannabes that saw fast and furious and thought big wings and decals were where its at.

Mr.VENGEANCE
12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
you realize I was joking right?.. like we really shook that off at anypoint?

man does sarcasm not translate well through my keyboard.. ahhaha

I guess thats why I use gifs so much.

Johnny Blaze
12-11-2012, 11:07 AM
you realize I was joking right?.. like we really shook that off at anypoint?

man does sarcasm not translate well through my keyboard.. ahhaha

I guess thats why I use gifs so much.

You are correct, sarcasm is often lost on the keyboard.

GeoffP
12-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Man - Tough crowd! Smile guys...there's no need to be so serious! :)

Mommy Wagon
01-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Is there any further information on this?!?!?

Has there been any release of promo materials, footage, or media?

This will be a great show, I had expected more information only being a little more than a month away from the premier.

This show speaks to me in a big way, I do have friends that drive exotics, some that are not stock. To me it isn't about what's better as that truly is a matter of preference. This is about what you can do or what could be done with ingenuity. Sure, I could rush out and buy a Porsche GT3 or an R8 to follow suit - that's not me.

Nothing is better than building (or even commissioning a build) a car that has a value to you beyond what is sitting in a showroom. What makes it even better it having it perform beyond expectations and stereotypes of others - especially in other segments of the automotive world.

Sorry for the rant - any more info around on this show? All I get is the same promo video.

Thanks

tazzz25906112
01-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Is there any further information on this?!?!?

Has there been any release of promo materials, footage, or media?

This will be a great show, I had expected more information only being a little more than a month away from the premier.

This show speaks to me in a big way, I do have friends that drive exotics, some that are not stock. To me it isn't about what's better as that truly is a matter of preference. This is about what you can do or what could be done with ingenuity. Sure, I could rush out and buy a Porsche GT3 or an R8 to follow suit - that's not me.

Nothing is better than building (or even commissioning a build) a car that has a value to you beyond what is sitting in a showroom. What makes it even better it having it perform beyond expectations and stereotypes of others - especially in other segments of the automotive world.

Sorry for the rant - any more info around on this show? All I get is the same promo video.

Thanks

I think you'll start to see a whole lot more info being released in the coming days..... I also agree that creating/commissioning something that exceeds others expectations and stereotype images is an absolute blast ;-)... There are plenty of exotics from my community (we have a large car community here in Woodbridge that is exotic crazy) that have been a little surprised at how unassuming a good Pro-touring ride can be from behind ;-)......

Bill Howell
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
We have a premier on Jan 21 while we are out in LA for the RTTC event. The producer of the show has been very helpful in making this happen so I know all is on schedule. I know that when the last video that we linked in this thread came out we were told to look for more coverage about 45 days out. Today is 32 days out, so I look for there to be a big blitz on speed, maybe after this Barrett Jackson weekend.

Hotwire
01-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Bringing this to the top! Can't wait to see it. For some reason I thought it was coming on tonight, you had mentioned it @ RTTH?

Bill Howell
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
They are running commercials on Speed now about the show. The first time it will be on Speed is Feb.22 following the NASCAR Truck race. My guess is it will be on about 10 or 10:30pm. We will have a special airing the night before as part of the RTTC in Irvine. None of us have seen a show yet so we are as excited as everyone else as to how it turned out. While we were there for the filming, the real feel of the show is done in the cutting room. Should be a hoot either way and we are all looking forward to it.
Remember, win, lose or draw, you can actually race some of the rednecks at all the American Street Car Series events this year and at some of the other regular scheduled events you see mentioned on the race event forum here on Pro-touring. It should be a fun and busy year for everyone. Hopefully it brings new exposure to our small segment of the car hobby and brings more people to play with us.

srh3trinity
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Some of the Youtube comments are pretty funny. People obviously take this a little too seriously. It looks like it is going to be a great show, but I will say this, those aren't the kind of rednecks I grew up with. The group you assembled have more smarts and deeper pockets.

Bill Howell
01-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Some of the Youtube comments are pretty funny. People obviously take this a little too seriously. It looks like it is going to be a great show, but I will say this, those aren't the kind of rednecks I grew up with. The group you assembled have more smarts and deeper pockets.
Well, the deeper pockets and smarter may be true, but BELIEVE me, we are all still Rednecks and most of us have been all our lives, just a bit older and wiser now. I think you will see some redneck come out on the shows...haha

srh3trinity
01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Having grown up around many a redneck, I wouldn't doubt it. You guys are just a higher quality redneck. Besides, when things don't go according to plan, who wouldn't want a redneck around. They can fix just about anything. I would be pumped to have several of your redneck friends from the show wrench on my car.

Bill Howell
01-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Bailing wire and duct tape will fix anything. Only tools you need is BFH and channel locks. That's how we roll.

Bill Howell
01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I4oCiZ_biA

Here is the new commercial seen on Speed. Much better quality than my cell phone copy yesterday

TheJDMan
01-28-2013, 03:13 PM
This could be a great showcase for our PT cars, I just hope is does not come across as "Dukes of Hazzard" style BS.

shortrack
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Geeze wonder which side they'd put me on?? :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/ChevelleProjectV025Large-1.jpg

shortrack
01-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Liked the clip. looking forward to the show.

71RS/SS396
01-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Ha! Ha! Glad to see Yancy's bi+(h slap made the cut. Looking forward to the preview.

Johnny Blaze
01-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Ha! Ha! Glad to see Yancy's bi+(h slap made the cut. Looking forward to the preview.

I'd like to see the back story to it! Sadly, I don't pay for TV so I doubt I will be able to see it.

71RS/SS396
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
I know the back story but you'll have to ask Yancy about it, I don't feel it's my place to say what happened.

Mr.VENGEANCE
01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Geeze wonder which side they'd put me on?? :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/ChevelleProjectV025Large-1.jpg

ROUGHNECK
hell you should name the car that.. hahah

Slick68
01-29-2013, 03:41 PM
Having grown up around many a redneck, I wouldn't doubt it. You guys are just a higher quality redneck. Besides, when things don't go according to plan, who wouldn't want a redneck around. They can fix just about anything. I would be pumped to have several of your redneck friends from the show wrench on my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72jHhkApfi0

LOL

srh3trinity
01-29-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72jHhkApfi0

LOL
I'm sure Ole No Show Jones could teach these guys a thing or two about racing lawn mowers if they get tired of golf carts and UTV's in their down time.

DartorDemon
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
This could be a great showcase for our PT cars, I just hope is does not come across as "Dukes of Hazzard" style BS.

That's my only problem with this show....i love cars....hate rednecks. :-/

Bill Howell
01-29-2013, 06:35 PM
That's my only problem with this show....i love cars....hate rednecks. :-/

WOW, that puts you at odds with about half of us here...not all redneck have mullets....

DartorDemon
01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
WOW, that puts you at odds with about half of us here...not all redneck have mullets....

I suppose that depends on how you want to define the word redneck. As my definition involves slack jawed dimwit with a 4th grade education and a hatred of all things modern/scientific. Which generally doesnt fit PT cars. imo

HELLCAMINO
02-09-2013, 12:54 AM

Or teeth

TheJDMan
02-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Someone mentioned that this show took 2 weeks at the track to film, is it going to be aired as one episode or several?

RS_Customs
02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Someone mentioned that this show took 2 weeks at the track to film, is it going to be aired as one episode or several?

I think there were 8 episodes filmed.

Robert

67 455 Bird ragtop
02-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Ever since I saw the first promo several weeks ago I have been looking forward to this show. Should be a hoot ...

camaro427-69
02-13-2013, 09:54 AM
is speed channel gonna put it on youtube after itīs been on air? cause thereīs no chance to get it on tv here in europe......or probably somebody could record and put it on youtube pleaaassseeeeee :)

SRD art
02-13-2013, 10:11 AM
We don't get TV either, unless I get to see episodes on Netflix in a coupla years. I vote for the you tube episodes too, this is must see TV! Wish I could be part of the action, I could have my 4 kids dress up in overalls with helmets and no shoes and strap in for the fun! Yeeehaw! I'd even be willing to throw on fresh coat of Rustoleum to make the car more purdy. Lol!

71RS/SS396
02-14-2013, 07:28 AM
is speed channel gonna put it on youtube after itīs been on air? cause thereīs no chance to get it on tv here in europe......or probably somebody could record and put it on youtube pleaaassseeeeee :)

We don't get TV either, unless I get to see episodes on Netflix in a coupla years. I vote for the you tube episodes too, this is must see TV! Wish I could be part of the action, I could have my 4 kids dress up in overalls with helmets and no shoes and strap in for the fun! Yeeehaw! I'd even be willing to throw on fresh coat of Rustoleum to make the car more purdy. Lol!

I'll bet there's some copyright issues preventing it from being posted on youtube.

YancyJohns
02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
I know the back story but you'll have to ask Yancy about it, I don't feel it's my place to say what happened.
I don't know what your talking about??? .........:slap:...HeHe! PG-13

Sales-TCI-Eng
02-18-2013, 12:05 PM
I have gotten some good laughs from some of the replies being made on Facebook about the show. I saw Bill, Yancy, Brian and a few others in there replying to some of them.

"That's pretty sweet, but waite till they race a real tuner like a Toyota Supra...I don't care how muchthey tune that Camero. A Supra would give it problems all day long."

"My favorite American muscle car is the one that's getting smoked by almost any European sports car!"

"Just look who is sponsoring the show and you know it's all BS.
Another "unreality" show"

"drove my Chevy to the levee"

-J

Bill Howell
02-18-2013, 03:34 PM
It is fun to watch those and even more entertaining to see one group complain over a picture or post then another group go on and on when we post a car picture like the 65 mustang.
The key, I have been told isn't the comments - positive or negative, It is the shares and likes that really mean something to those that know these things.

BE SURE TO LIKE AND SHARE!!!!!

Todd in Vancouver
02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
I have gotten some good laughs from some of the replies being made on Facebook about the show. I saw Bill, Yancy, Brian and a few others in there replying to some of them.

"That's pretty sweet, but waite till they race a real tuner like a Toyota Supra...I don't care how muchthey tune that Camero. A Supra would give it problems all day long."

"My favorite American muscle car is the one that's getting smoked by almost any European sports car!"

"Just look who is sponsoring the show and you know it's all BS.
Another "unreality" show"

"drove my Chevy to the levee"

-J

Agree the goings on of " my car is faster" and " No Way" are just hilarious. Some people really get their panties in a bunch and appear to be taking life just a bit to seriously. The temptation to post some old cars with captions of " Big 'ol can of Import Whoop A$$" just to throw some fuel on the fire is over whelming. Also, I'll make sure to do some likes and shares as per Bill's comment.

shortrack
02-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Just watched the sneak peak after the Truck Race....Random impressions....It was great from a competition standpoint but they really played up the redneck part. That Superchicken is quite the gun. Is that Lambo the best the tuners got? The disappointment on the Lambo owners face on his loss to Kenny Wallace in the final was real...and priceless, loved it.

Muncie4speed
02-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Seeing Bill Howell on t.v...... Good
Seeing Bill Howell on the track.... Not so good

Probably should have paid Bolton to drive for ya....:smoke:

Great show....Reep had me rollin

rchaskin
02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
hahaha.......Im a redneck and i really liked it.

I bet Ken Squire had to go lay down for a while after each shoot!!!

Lame-borghenni.......LOL

BuddyP
02-22-2013, 07:50 PM
I $#@&$ I forgot about it until now and missed it!! Will it air again soon?

Muncie4speed
02-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Sunday @noon

Tom Vogel
02-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Send that Lambourghini back to Eye-taleea. YeeeHaaaa lol

TheJDMan
02-23-2013, 01:36 PM
There are two back to back episodes scheduled for 9pm and 930pm ET Monday Feb 25. on Speed

deejai35
02-23-2013, 03:02 PM
I liked the competition and concept. It was good seeing PT cars featured. Not really into the redneck-ism, but that's just me. Either way, it is on my DVR record list.

Quickboat
02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Bill just needed MORE TIRE!

PonchoJohn
02-24-2013, 11:10 AM
It's the SOOOOOOOPuh Chicken!!!
Are YOU faster than a Pontiac?!
LOL!! I think the show is hilarious- the straight guy/goofball schtick between commentators was great (Reep cracks me up!!), I just hope there can be more tracktime footage as the shows progress.
Good job!

badazz81z28
02-24-2013, 11:33 AM
I thought the show was pretty entertaining. The import guys crack me up...Its all in good fun. Any engine can be made to have a lot of power, suspensions can be improved, better brakes and tires can be installed....The Rx7 guy figured that out...Hmmm Mr. LS under the hood.

We all know there are just quick tuners just as there are quick muscle cars...Its all good and fun!

BTW...that Pontiac T/A...Wow. Nothing like the sound of a Big Block!

Slick68
02-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Loved it!! Can't wait to see the new episode tonight!

Bill, I thought you could drive better than that. haha Maybe it was the pressure of being on camera? :P

HectorM52
02-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Dammit man, I don't get Speed. Anyone record it and have it online anywhere?

Project77
02-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Love seeing Kenny Wallace and the Super Chicken at the end... any specs on that Pontiac online? If you don't have cable or have the Speed Channel the episode is out there if you know where to look.

stage2ROUSH
02-27-2013, 09:12 AM
It's the SOOOOOOOPuh Chicken!!!
Are YOU faster than a Pontiac?!
LOL!! I think the show is hilarious- the straight guy/goofball schtick between commentators was great (Reep cracks me up!!), I just hope there can be more tracktime footage as the shows progress.
Good job!
Yeah we are getting a kick out of the two commentators is hilarious !!! the straight face guy is as funny as the redneck ! Lovin this show!!!

HectorM52
02-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Love seeing Kenny Wallace and the Super Chicken at the end... any specs on that Pontiac online? If you don't have cable or have the Speed Channel the episode is out there if you know where to look.

PM me with those sorts of details!

icemanrd19
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
really enjoyed the show. Nice to see some of the guys on the show that i have talked to on her or on facebook. Honestly the reason im going to buy brian finch dual vent system is because of the quality but this show and him on it just finalized my decision.

The only thing that would be nice is they had some cone drills, autocrossing that they have to whip their car into a tight space, and a relay race would be cool too.

hag6888
03-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Saw a older truck on there can't wait to see it run

ak72
03-03-2013, 11:30 PM
anybody know if there is a way to receive this program in europe, of where to find some sort of livestream or something on the net? because after reading this and watching trailers got to see this show.

Jim Nilsen
03-04-2013, 06:13 AM
anybody know if there is a way to receive this program in europe, of where to find some sort of livestream or something on the net? because after reading this and watching trailers got to see this show.

Subscribe to Speed online. I don't get the channel on cable but I went to Speed.com and noticed I could subscribe to the channel online to my pc. I didn't see the cost and am going to look into it. If it is lees than upping my cable subsrcription Speed wins.

SLO_Z28
03-04-2013, 06:38 AM

http://torrentz.eu/search?f=r+u+faster+than+a+redneck

XLexusTech
03-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Show was ok. Concept sure is cool. however bringing a Pro driver with a race car seems to throw off the legitimacy of the concept.

shortrack
03-05-2013, 06:55 AM
What is John Schneider's (Bo Duke) driving credentials?

XLexusTech
03-05-2013, 07:26 AM

No idea, but the driver of "SuperChicken" which is a R&D car is pretty impressive... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Wallace.

HectorM52
03-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Show was ok. Concept sure is cool. however bringing a Pro driver with a race car seems to throw off the legitimacy of the concept.

I'll agree that bringing in a true professional driver did make us look like we "needed" him in order to win the challenge, but I didn't see any race car out there? The Super Chicken is the same type of car that Finch has built, same as Albert's car, same as Kyle Tucker's car, etc. - meaning it's just a badass ride with some nice go-fast parts with some time spent tuning it. ...Which brings me to my REAL point...why didn't they let Finch or Kyle Tucker do the final race???

Sales-TCI-Eng
03-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Which brings me to my REAL point...why didn't they let Finch or Kyle Tucker do the final race???

I had to laugh when the M3 driver picked Brian in the 1st round. If you pay close attention to the average speeds in that first round the GTR was faster than Brian.

-J

XLexusTech
03-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I could be wrong but that Trans AM looks like the R&D car for the BAN3 series of cars... more race car then the equivalent of the DSE cars.

rchaskin
03-05-2013, 10:18 AM

.......uh.......professional creek jumper.............

Randy

TheJDMan
03-05-2013, 05:33 PM

I wondered that too. He did not do the stunt driving on Dukes and he basicaly gave away the race. I thought he was rather lame.

Z3SpdDmn
03-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I had to laugh when the M3 driver picked Brian in the 1st round. If you pay close attention to the average speeds in that first round the GTR was faster than Brian.

-J
Yeah, we had like a minute to pick our poison and I had to make up some crap to eliminate 2 cars and pick one. As soon as the car started up (Camaro, is that what it was? haha ;) ), I realized what an epic mistake I had made! I didn't know Finch at the time so I didn't realize that they were throwing one of their best drivers at it, besides!

I have trouble believing that those average speeds and the speeds in general they showed were anything more than completely made up. Can any of you guys confirm?

Bo Duke should've subbed in his stunt driver :)

Todd in Vancouver
03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah, we had like a minute to pick our poison and I had to make up some crap to eliminate 2 cars and pick one. As soon as the car started up (Camaro, is that what it was? haha ;) ), I realized what an epic mistake I had made! I didn't know Finch at the time so I didn't realize that they were throwing one of their best drivers at it, besides!

I have trouble believing that those average speeds and the speeds in general they showed were anything more than completely made up. Can any of you guys confirm?

From your signature Anthony you are a proffessional race car driver? did you honestly know what you were getting into?

XLexusTech
03-06-2013, 04:37 AM
NASA is NOT.. Not Not professional... I am in NASA and have no idea what I am doing...:-) It is an enthusiast organization IMHO. Obviously Anthony knows his way behind the wheel don't get me wrong.. but their is a BIG difference between he and Kenny Wallace..
I just feels wrong, to compare things on uneven fields... 700 HP vs 200... pro driver against a guy who drove his car to the event and does an occasional NASA or SCCA event... even one who has run in enough events to get the most points at the end of the season...

Hopefully they even the playing field a bit in the next few shows.. I saw a Toyota on one preview that looked pretty stacked..

XLexusTech
03-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Double post Mod please delete

Slick68
03-06-2013, 05:04 AM

I wondered that too. He did not do the stunt driving on Dukes and he basicaly gave away the race. I thought he was rather lame.

He actually did ALOT of the stunt driving in the Dukes Of Hazzard show, especially in the later years of the show. He didn't do any of the jumps, but he did alot of the 180's, 360's, chase scenes, power slides(aka drifting), and of course, alot of burnouts!! He has also participated in the Silver State Classic, and some other high speed racing events(don't remember exactly off the top of my head). I'm really not sure what kind of experience he has on a road course, though.

I would also like to know how many times John(Bo) has been in the YearOne Camaro. It looked like he just didn't have a good feel for the car. There's a few people that can get into any vehicle and be comfortable and drive it like they know everything about it, but most of us have to get to know a car, and how it handles, brakes, steers, etc. and have to be familiar with it's limits before we can make it perform to full potential.

The other advantage that the GT-R driver had was that he was in his own car. He's obviously spent quite alot of time behind the wheel. Even as refined as the GT-R is, not just anyone can be a track hero in one. I know I would have looked like a total tool in it, as I would have in any of the cars in the show. lol I know I didn't impress anyone at RTTH back in Sept. :hand:

shortrack
03-06-2013, 06:37 AM

You know what a Camaro is now.

And you my son are not faster than a Redneck!

avewhtboy
03-06-2013, 07:19 AM
I think it's great that they are having "professional celebrity" drivers on the show. I mean how many times can you say you ran wheel
to wheel against a legend, mano y mano!

Maybe I am wrong but I think that any of the drivers, win or lose, would enjoy that just for bragging rights.

Imagine if that guy would have beat Kenny Wallace, he seemed pretty excited to get the chance, nervous, yes but excited.

Now the guy with the Nissan can tell his buddies he be Bo Duke, great stories.

Finally, this is about ENTERTAINMENT. The celebrity drivers bring that level up tremendously, so Kudos to whoever
put this format together.

71RS/SS396
03-06-2013, 07:20 AM

Anthony, since nobody else welcomed you I will. WELCOME!. I hope you stay around and enjoy the fun. We might bust your balz a little but don't take it personal it's all in good fun. :cheers:

csouth
03-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Love seeing Kenny Wallace and the Super Chicken at the end... any specs on that Pontiac online?

I found this while looking for specs.

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/YearOne/vehicles/21857

Sales-TCI-Eng
03-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Anthony, since nobody else welcomed you I will. WELCOME!. I hope you stay around and enjoy the fun. We might bust your balz a little but don't take it personal it's all in good fun. :cheers:

^^^This

-J

Finch
03-06-2013, 04:39 PM

-J

Like Anthony said the lap times they post are mostly made up from what we can see and the lap times we know we ran. Anthony was the top qualifier out of all the Tuner cars based on lap times so he can wheel that little machine. I think that episode would have came out much different if Anthony had chosen any of the other 2 cars to race. He could afford to fix his ride if you get my drift.

CodexGigas
03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
That Slap the Camaro Guy gave the Bmw Driver was Justified in My Book, Dude was a ****.

Todd in Vancouver
03-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Yes, X 3 :cheers:

And, I agree with what Brian said about getting that Bm'er round the track. Maybe, someone should have let Anthony take a Camaro around the track and converted him over to some true muscle cars. You never know where the next supporter is going to come from :camaro:

Come on over to the dark side Anthony

Z3SpdDmn
03-06-2013, 06:46 PM
From your signature Anthony you are a proffessional race car driver? did you honestly know what you were getting into?

Hi Todd,
I knew enough to know that the odds were going to be stacked against me. I was a lot more confident when I was planning on coming on the race tires that my car was setup for. It was 2 weeks before the event that they declared the treadwear mandate. I took a shot anyway.
I fully realized that contact was possible in a wheel-to-wheel event. While it sucks that I'm still trying to fix the car, I was never terribly upset about the incident. **** happens to racecars. I realize that, but must also say this is the most damage I've ever had on a car I was driving. I've been very fortunate in that regard.

Now, I never would have thought about "the slap heard round the internets". I was initially totally shocked. I didn't even see Yancy there until his hand was in the car! I was utterly in complete shock. Didn't know what to think. I was upset about it for a while, but he and I have chatted and there are no hard feelings. I laugh as hard as anybody when I see it :)

As for being pro, it depends on your definition. My day job is not as a racecar driver. I do have a side job through which I am paid to race, coach, and set up cars. That may be your definition of "professional". There are true pros who run in NASA events and there are also wealthy joes who race in pro road racing like Grand-Am, World Challenge, etc. I am working on a pro ride in Grand-Am, but it's a tough go. I certainly can't afford to pay my way in.

THANKS to all who provided the warm welcome. I am on board with the bashing. It's all in good fun :) Me and my buddy who was there with me found it hard to come up with stuff to bash you guys with, though, because we quickly realized we were all a bunch of the same car guys, just in different fields. He did coin the term "The Million Dollar Rednecks" as a coping mechanism out of our jealously for some of your builds!

Anthony was the top qualifier out of all the Tuner cars based on lap times so he can wheel that little machine. I think that episode would have came out much different if Anthony had chosen any of the other 2 cars to race. He could afford to fix his ride if you get my drift.
Thanks, Brian. I also realized when I was chasing you that you weren't leaving anything on the table for me to take advantage of! Nice driving. I just wish I had known who YOU were, standing next to that... that.... that green thing with the interior. ;)

That Slap the Camaro Guy gave the Bmw Driver was Justified in My Book, Dude was a ****.

You are entitled to your opinion. I put myself out there on this REALITY SHOW. :cheers:

And, I agree with what Brian said about getting that Bm'er round the track. Maybe, someone should have let Anthony take a Camaro around the track and converted him over to some true muscle cars. You never know where the next supporter is going to come from

Come on over to the dark side Anthony
It's not "Muscle", but you do see that Fiero GT in my garage, right? ;)
I'm also the test driver for the Falcon F7 (www.falconf7.com), which does have a bit of muscle!

Bill Howell
03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Anthony is good people folks and is certainly welcomed around here. We just got to convert him to our side on the car choice. He comes pre approved by Danny Popp. :)

GeoffP
03-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Anthony - I just realized you were on the chat the other night. As others have said, welcome! This is one of the better forums on the 'net in my experience. There's a bunch of great guys and a LOT of knowledge!

Bill Howell
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Geoff, please don't tell him that, he is gonna think we may not really be stupid rednecks...haha

GeoffP
03-06-2013, 07:40 PM
It's all a smoke screen to draw him in! :)

Todd in Vancouver
03-06-2013, 08:53 PM
"It's not "Muscle", but you do see that Fiero GT in my garage, right? ;)
I'm also the test driver for the Falcon F7 (www.falconf7.com), which does have a bit of muscle![/QUOTE]"

Um, the F7 is powered by a GM LS engine just like a lot of Pro-Tour cars and the Red neck RX7 that was eliminated. SO, I'm going to call the F7 a Red-Neckmobile ;)

http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2011/01/31/does-michigans-mach7-falcon-have-what-it-takes-31-hq-photos/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedburner%2FdiYJ+%28theTHROT TLE%2

GeoffP
03-07-2013, 04:18 AM
That Fiero is a good candidate for a V8 swap. I had the Hot Rod mag where they did one - kept it for years thinking about doing the swap but never found a good condition donor car for the right price.

patriot68
03-07-2013, 06:24 AM
i think the camaro guy is a douchebag for the slap. there is always a possibility for contact in a race

Z3SpdDmn
03-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks again guys! I'll try to convince the Falcon guys that the car needs to make an appearance at one of your events. Bill, LMK privately what you might have up in or around Michigan this year.

i think the camaro guy is a douchebag for the slap. there is always a possibility for contact in a race

^^^ Yancy, are you gonna take this on your own forum?! ^^^ :)
Maybe that evens out for CodexGigas' comment towards me yesterday...

You guys need to have your own little debate :)

Bill Howell
03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
we will be at the Motorstate event, which is in watervoliet in July. Look in the race event section for info. Then we also have the Heidts event at Autobahn, near chicago in may.

Todd in Vancouver
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM

Just good 'ol boys
Never meaning no harm...

shortrack
03-11-2013, 09:04 PM
This week I was delighted to see smug Justin Bieber and his Lotus and the v10 Beemer get put on the trailer.....seeing their genuine disappointment on their faces was priceless I loved it! SO MANY tuner guys think they could "easily" beat any muscle car around a track. They're getting their wake up call here and that track is not even a mile in total length. If they held it on my local Mosport Park with a real 3/4 mi long straight it would be even uglier.

67 455 Bird ragtop
03-12-2013, 03:29 AM
Enjoyed last nights show. And not to sound like an azz but does Bill realize this is road racing and not off road racing ??? Just curious ...

M6Cabrio
03-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I had the white BMW M6 in last nights episode. I really enjoyed getting to meet everyone on the show and I loved the American Muscle they brought. I actually grew up in the Mountains of Western North Carolina. My family reunions still consist of 100 plus people from West Virginia down to NC, some of which are true moonshiners. I should have been on the "other side" with my heritage :) I also own a ZR1 and the BMW is actually my wife's! haha

I have never owned a pro touring car, but I definitely respect all cars! Before the ZR1 I had a pontiac G8, GTO, and WS6. It is amazing the difference in weight from the 4500 pound convertible to the corvette. But the BMW is really a great touring/autobahn car more so then a track car.

This week I was delighted to see smug Justin Bieber and his Lotus and the v10 Beemer get put on the trailer.....seeing their genuine disappointment on their faces was priceless I loved it! SO MANY tuner guys think they could "easily" beat any muscle car around a track. They're getting their wake up call here and that track is not even a mile in total length. If they held it on my local Mosport Park with a real 3/4 mi long straight it would be even uglier.

The BMW doesn't go on a trailer :) What you saw on the interviews was mostly acting I think from most everyoe. The racing was all real though. I think the BMW had a disadvantage with the short track being so heavy. It actually has a respectible 60-130 time of 8.9 seconds with the minor modifications done to it. In a 3/4 mile straight I think it would be an advatange for the car.

Anyway, I had fun guys and if there is a second season I would love to bring a different car and try to redeem myself haha. The M6 may be traded in soon on a 911 or a new M6 :P

UMI Tech
03-12-2013, 05:41 PM
How does one get to be on Team Redneck?

Todd in Vancouver
03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I had the white BMW M6 in last nights episode. I really enjoyed getting to meet everyone on the show and I loved the American Muscle they brought. I actually grew up in the Mountains of Western North Carolina. My family reunions still consist of 100 plus people from West Virginia down to NC, some of which are true moonshiners. I should have been on the "other side" with my heritage :) I also own a ZR1 and the BMW is actually my wife's! haha

I have never owned a pro touring car, but I definitely respect all cars! Before the ZR1 I had a pontiac G8, GTO, and WS6. It is amazing the difference in weight from the 4500 pound convertible to the corvette. But the BMW is really a great touring/autobahn car more so then a track car.

The BMW doesn't go on a trailer :) What you saw on the interviews was mostly acting I think from most everyoe. The racing was all real though. I think the BMW had a disadvantage with the short track being so heavy. It actually has a respectible 60-130 time of 8.9 seconds with the minor modifications done to it. In a 3/4 mile straight I think it would be an advatange for the car.

Anyway, I had fun guys and if there is a second season I would love to bring a different car and try to redeem myself haha. The M6 may be traded in soon on a 911 or a new M6 :P

Welcome and nice of you to pop in and introduce yourself. It's interesting to hear from all automotive guys regardless of what they drive and given the opportunity to I would think most guys would go get in line to have a chance to race cars on TV and it wouldn't matter where it was made. It's really nice to hear another confirmation that the racing is real and is all flat out. Maybe I'm a dope but I believed the racing was real from the beginning and just maybe we will convert a few people over to the good old V8 old school approach.

camaro427-69
03-13-2013, 02:52 AM

welcome :) for me watching this episode with friends was a loose/loose situation because of my BMW/Camaro situation ;) but i was really amazed that the lotus didnīt do any better cause those cars are more go-karts than anything else even with low power but 180HP is more than adequate for 900kg :) good that the kid didnīt have on of those hennessey "lotus" :nopity:

Slick68
03-13-2013, 03:17 AM

Welcome to PT.com! It's great to hear your input and glad to see you're in good spirits about it. We may rag you a bit for losing, but it's all in fun. I hope you enjoy your time here on the PT forums.

XLexusTech
03-13-2013, 04:46 AM
Question... how was what the camaro did in the 1st corner to the Lotus different then what the BMW id to Yancy in episode 2?

M6Cabrio
03-13-2013, 05:44 AM
Thanks guys, I will go lurking around the forum now haha.

The Rod Run is the same weekend as the Detroit Speed Southern Slam...I am guessing you guys have a thread out there about that, but maybe I will get a chance to see some of you at one of those events!

shortrack
03-13-2013, 06:08 AM
M6 - Going into the event how fast did you think the musclecars would be? what about the rest of the tuners? what was their feelings?

M6Cabrio
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
M6 - Going into the event how fast did you think the musclecars would be? what about the rest of the tuners? what was their feelings?

Going into it I don't think any of us knew what to expect. After getting there and seeing the trailers/cars and what we were racing I think 90% of us knew we were in trouble lol.

There were a few import guys who still thought they had a chance, but I think most of us were familiar with the capabilities of the "redneck" cars. I really would have liked to seen the GTR vs the SuperChicken. I think that would have been a great matchup.

Mike Holleman
03-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Sorry Ramey, your IQ is too high!!lol Some of the Mullet Mafia have to fake it. I know most of these guys and they ain't dumbass rednecks. Rednecks maybe but not DA's. And all but BH can drive. Just kiddin Bill. And Bill where's the Charger?

Ron S
03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Thats too funny Mike. In Bill's defence, we haven't seen him in his own car yet. Its funny, wheel to wheel trying to brake as deep as an ABS car with traction control, is going to end in a fail everytime.

Bill Howell
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Hey, I will be the ChumLee of the RUfaster show if that makes everyone feel good...haha
The charger had 12 bent valves at the start of filming. We rebuilt the motor that first week, charger is coming up next week I think. The Fairlane/Lambo race was a joke anyway, he had me by 4 car lengths in the first half straight before the turn and I still couldn't slow down enough to turn.
The Firebird on the other hand was all my fault, too fast in, too much power out. We had had some brake issues earlier in the week with the firebird, and I was scared of the brake pedal. DSE fixed the brakes though so I have no excuse, just went in too hot. Made for cool TV shot though, especially when I hit the camera..haha

protouring70
03-13-2013, 05:13 PM
M6 welcome. And come and enjoy the Detroit Slam

HELLCAMINO
03-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Not to bash anyone on here, but I can see why SPEED Channel is getting dropped. Saw the 1st episode and was let down on the lack of racing it covered. Too much drama and "friendly" personal bashing.

M6Cabrio
03-16-2013, 06:42 AM
M6 welcome. And come and enjoy the Detroit Slam

Thanks! Hopefully I can make it.

csouth
03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
I must say last night had one of the best finishes so far IMO.

Compaan-Designs
03-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Most of the European cars are stock. It's pretty easy for the rednecks to beat them. Especially with Pro-Touring cars.

shortrack
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Most of the European cars are stock. It's pretty easy for the rednecks to beat them.

That^^^^^ right there is the problem. SO MANY "tuners" put on a set of wheels, a K&N filter and an fart can and think they have a race car capable of beating ANYTHING. My buddy has a 2010 LS1 Camaro, we go out to the hardware store and within a couple of min we get this aforementioned Honda right on our azz for blocks. He finally gets up beside us at a light, the guy is all serious, revs it to like 8000 rpm, the light turns green, my buddy short shifts into second, steps into it and destroys the guy . He says he cant drive ten feet without one of these "f**kin a holes" following him. It bothers him because lots of times he has his kids in the car. Oh and I forgot they put the lowering springs on too.

protouring70
03-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Yea last night was the BEST SO FAR!!! And Bill is so much more comfortable in his car

67 455 Bird ragtop
03-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Yea last night was the BEST SO FAR!!! And Bill is so much more comfortable in his car

Yep. Bill did better. Stayed on the track :) Love his hat too ...

csouth
03-19-2013, 12:44 PM

Yeah, that was just too much weight to be competetive....

GeoffP
03-19-2013, 05:52 PM
What a great show - I really enjoyed this latest one. The final race was the BEST yet! I couldn't believe how close they got a couple of times!!!

BuddyP
03-20-2013, 07:58 AM
That final race was awsome, I was literally on the edge of my recliner!

another69
03-21-2013, 05:35 AM
How did that wagon dominate?? I'll admit that it was impressive, didn't even look like it was breaking a sweat, but come on! its a wagon! It seems like the muscle cars tend to spin out and go off track a lot. Could that be improved with suspension tuning or are they just overpowering the tires? I'd prefer to see the muscle cars win (especially Camaros) but maybe "cheat" and bring in a built Z06?

another69
03-21-2013, 05:36 AM
Don't get me wrong- I love the show, no matter what the outcome. Great racing!

cornfedbill
03-21-2013, 06:06 AM
I finally found time to watch the first two episodes last night. I did not see the latest.

I love the show. I am not one to watch racing on TV, but this show is really fun to watch.

I think Bill was just jealous when he saw Bo Duke having fun off roading.

This show is a real blast. Even my wife who considers cars a necessary evil was watching intently!

Keep it coming!

zbugger
03-21-2013, 07:06 PM
How did that wagon dominate?? I'll admit that it was impressive, didn't even look like it was breaking a sweat, but come on! its a wagon! It seems like the muscle cars tend to spin out and go off track a lot. Could that be improved with suspension tuning or are they just overpowering the tires? I'd prefer to see the muscle cars win (especially Camaros) but maybe "cheat" and bring in a built Z06?

There's a video on YouTube of a motorcycle flying down the road at some ungodly speed. A little less than a minute in it gets passed by an Audi...... WAGON!!! Some of them are nuts.

cornfedbill
03-22-2013, 06:43 AM
That wagon was impressive, as was the door to door driving. That Audi driver has some real skill. I cannot believe how he was also able to pull so hard on the straights.

Good show!

domcenzo
03-22-2013, 06:50 AM
The show is very entertaining. Jon Reap is funny in person too. I saw him last year do standup. Due to this show, my 5yr old now says "That thing got a hemi".

That course kinda plays to a vehicle that is more balanced as opposed to one that has higher horsepower doesn't it? The red Nissan GT-R was highly capable and having "Bo Duke" driving through the infield was hilarious.

PontiacJim
03-22-2013, 05:44 PM
That Audi has a boosted 6 cylinder engine. I doesn't take much turn up the power on an engine like that. In the car fuel management and boost controllers make it easy. IF you know what your doing. So he may have started out making 400ish hp in the beginning then turned up the boost when the money was on the line. (Been there done that)The driver of that Audi didn't seem like a stranger to a race track. That goes a long way and don't forget ABS and traction control in the corners. The fact that 40+ year old cars are killing most of the competition is awesome. This show is great. Please keep em coming.

Slick68
03-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Aren't the Audi A4's AWD? If so, that can play in to a real advantage on a road course. That was great racing in tha last episode.

YancyJohns
03-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Question... how was what the camaro did in the 1st corner to the Lotus different then what the BMW id to Yancy in episode 2?
What the camera/TV show doesn't show is the first turn is a 180deg turn. Both cars, the BMW and Lotus, were behind me through the first turn. I hit my lines both times, my right tire was on the curb strip( as you can tell w my hood going up) on the out of the 180 when the incident occurred. I was looking down the straight, not think the BMW would be close and out of my peripheral vision, here Anthony came. Unfortunately, your wheels go where your head goes and it looks different on TV. Anthony and my self are Cool and it did make for some Great TV...hugs We just need to convert these guys to American Muscle!!!

shortrack
03-24-2013, 04:31 AM
One of the trailers I looked at the Challenger was at Road Atlanta, what was that?

shortrack
03-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Was Kyle Tucker toying with that Subaru at the end? If he was he shouldn't have. He shoulda' just buried him. Good job Kyle Tucker!

rchaskin
03-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Was Kyle Tucker toying with that Subaru at the end? If he was he shouldn't have. He shoulda' just buried him. Good job Kyle Tucker!

He passed him on the second lap like the subaru was glued to the ground!!

GrabberGT
03-26-2013, 07:04 AM
My wifes starting to worry about me. I've begun yelling at the TV every time someone clips the curb in turn1 and spins out. I hope the gang learned something from watching Kyle last night.

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
We're is Mark and his Red Devil,That would be awesome too.

cornfedbill
03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
we're is mark and his red devil,that would be awesome too.

yes!!!!

xxxturbo6
03-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Bill Howell always told me that a Turbo is no good on an autocross but I wonder how he feels now when he see's them on the road course? LOL

d15b7
03-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey guys!

It's great to find this forum! First I'd like to say that I have a lot of respect for V8 muscle cars (the Year One and Detroit Speed cars were all awesome!).

I was the driver of last week's Honda Civic (the 1995 white/blue/green EG hatchback); I had a blast and enjoyed myself bigtime. I just wish the damn motor would have lasted another 5 mins!!!!!

The story on my car is this -- I've owned it since 1997 (bought it bone stock). started modifying it lightly and was doing track events with it and driving it everyday to work, too. eventually converted it to a NASA H1 Honda Challenge roadrace car (at first it had a B18B non vtec Integra motor in it); then in 2004 I put in a stock K20A2 motor and 6 speed transmission out of a wrecked RSX-S. I raced it that way til 2007, when I retired it from Honda Challenge, and put a Greddy street turbo on it and started Time Attacking it shortly thereafter. when you guys saw it at the TV show, it was the same motor still in the car since 2004; engine was all stock internally and had never been rebuilt or even had the pan off of it ever. probably had over 10k track miles on it. Those engines are 11:1 compression from the factory, and have cast pistons (not really the best for boost I guess haha). When I had it at the show, it was tuned on E85 at 10 psi and was making 330 whp. and was running PERFECTLY (as usual).

We shot the first day (practice and then the first race against the #3 67 Camaro). I put him away easily, and then we loaded the car on the trailer, and made directly for Road Atlanta -- it's the biggest Time Attack of the year for us, and it just so happened to fall on the same weekend as the damn TV show! I had talked to the people in charge, and they reluctantly let me leave and go race at Road Atlanta and then come back to finish shooting the next two races (they were worried that I'd crash and not be able to return). any of you guys ever been to RA? I never had! HUUUUUUGE back straightaway!!!!! my car isn't geared properly for that really (I have a 5.06:1 final drive). for two days straight I was redlining the car in 6th gear at 8500 rpm (161 mph) at full boost. by the end of the 2nd day, it was showing signs of saying 'uncle' -- started filling up the oil catch can in 10 mins (and had never ever previously put anything into the catch tank). we finished the Time Attack (I finished 3rd), and we took off the R comps, and put back on the Dunlop Direzzas (I HATED driving the car on the 200 treadwear street tires; the suspension isn't set up for those tires; way too stiff; made the car push like a dump truck; tons of tire spin and very touchy on the brakes too). loaded up the car and drove back to CMP. I kept thinking 'it'll be ok; it's still running well; just pushing some oil. she'll hold up for another 10 mins, for sure).

well, as you saw, she didn't! I picked the #3 67 Camaro again (I think that was a mistake; I think that probably was the fastest of the three cars) but this time Cliff was driving it. we played chicken coming into the first turn, and I won, and put even more distance on him during the actual race. then KABOOOOOM at the finish line :( No warning; it was running perfect right up til the last microsecond. (we think that the ringlands cracked at RA and that it was close to expiring when we left RA to come back to CMP).

I was really bummed, because I'd have liked to have run against that 70-1/2 Camaro or the 77 Bandit TransAm. I was getting better/faster every time I went out on the street tires; learning how to deal with the handling issues. I'd have given it a GOOD shot in the final race for the $10k.

On the ride home, I was upset, but after thinking about it -- that stock used motor gave me a lot of service; and was way overdue for a failure I guess! New motor is in the car now; this time it's a fully built K24, with forged rods and pistons, 9.5:1 compression and built for boost. making 420 whp at 15 psi. I tell you, I'd like another shot at you Rednecks! :)

Kenova
03-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Good of you to drop in Todd. It's too bad about your engine but hey, if you are going to loose it's best to do it in a spectacular fashion. LOL. Nobody can accuse you of not getting your money's worth out of the old engine.

Ken

RadLS67
03-29-2013, 11:14 PM

I am quite curious about this as well. If need be i can grow a mullet and drive one of my cars up...

GrabberGT
03-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Hey guys!

It's great to find this forum! First I'd like to say that I have a lot of respect for V8 muscle cars (the Year One and Detroit Speed cars were all awesome!).

Great story and welcome. Ever wonder what that little car of yours would do with a RWD conversion and a V8. I may have seized this as an opportunity to find out. LOL

Project69
03-30-2013, 07:17 AM
When is the next episode? Is it every monday?

d15b7
03-30-2013, 08:13 AM
yes; it's every monday at 9pm for a new episode (EST). and they replay it throughout the week then at various times.

csouth
03-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Welcome aboard Todd. Those turbo cars are hard for the heavier muscle cars to handle. Hope you stope in from time to time.

Cannon
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Why is it that 50% of the time the rednecks plow into the first turn and go off the track? Dont you give these amateur's time to do laps around the track before you do races? Oh and do you only have one track you use or do you plan on going around to different tracks?

d15b7
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
hello (I was driving the white/blue/green Honda Civic).

I'm a 'pro' (I've raced with NASA and EMRA and SCCA and IMG and VRG wheel to wheel since 1999, and I'm a pro driving coach at most of the east coast tracks too). that first turn was a BITCH! traction was poor in the brake zone; the turn was very tight, and at the end of the fastest straight. there were bumps and ripples in the transition (that is not the 'normal' track; that is the crossover when they are using the 'short' track instead of the 'full' track). It was really important (at least to me) to be first coming out of that turn after the start, and then full tilt boogie on the twisty section so I could make up distance on the ground pounders before the main straight again. It was REALLY easy to blow it coming into that turn, and the margin of 'oh ****, that was a lil too fast' factor was really small. so yeah, a lot of the rednecks messed up coming into that first turn. remember also, that most of the those redneck cars were a REAL handful. I know even driving my piddling 330 whp Honda had my eyeballs nearly popping out (especially on the narrow 205 street tires that I'm not used to running on). I'd have loved to have run the full track; I have more aero than most of the Redneck cars, and it really comes into play over 100 mph; on the full track I'd have been over 100 a good bit of the time, too.

I'd really like to get invited back for Season 2 (anybody know if there is a Season 2, and when the filming is gonna start?); the new motor is in the car, and this time it's not a tired old stock junkyard motor; it's a fully built for boost K24 which put down an easy 420 whp at only 15 psi. I'd love a rematch... :fingersx:

ho428
04-02-2013, 10:45 AM
One thing I've noticed is common on this show, the rednecks drive in too deep and lock the brakes up. I race on that track several times a year in my Firebird, but on the long track, you cannot drive a 3300 lb muscle car in as deep as a 2500 lb import, I don't care what brakes and tires you have on it. Only once did I see a guy drive it smart, he was in the Blue Camaro, give up the first turn, maybe even the first lap, then use the "muscle" of the car to get by.

paint2361
04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
One thing I've noticed is common on this show, the rednecks drive in too deep and lock the brakes up. I race on that track several times a year in my Firebird, but on the long track, you cannot drive a 3300 lb muscle car in as deep as a 2500 lb import, I don't care what brakes and tires you have on it. Only once did I see a guy drive it smart, he was in the Blue Camaro, give up the first turn, maybe even the first lap, then use the "muscle" of the car to get by.

I think they drive like this to give the Imports a chance to win. If the muscle cars always won, it wouldn't be a good show

shortrack
04-02-2013, 05:01 PM
So the fastest of the imports get to run against the rednecks? Is a girl in a stock Mini Cooper S the best they could do?

I would have liked to see more of that Craftsman Truck. Is is a Craftsman Truck or is it a Pro Truck? I couldnt get a good look at it. What are the specs? did it have street legal 15" tires?

Van B
04-02-2013, 05:26 PM

Kyle Tucker, owner of Detroit Speed and Engineering. He is a suspension engineer and one hell of a driver. His parts are on many of the redneck Chevys.

BuzzKillian
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
So the fastest of the imports get to run against the rednecks? Is a girl in a stock Mini Cooper S the best they could do?

I would have liked to see more of that Craftsman Truck. Is is a Craftsman Truck or is it a Pro Truck? I couldnt get a good look at it. What are the specs? did it have street legal 15" tires?

In the "Chat" last night, they said the "Race Truck" didn't even have an engine in it! LOL

theman3
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
ME,i can turn left and I can turn right,my buicks really light,i was born with a shifter in my hand,i want in,i love the show,how do you get in line,?no offense,but the Camaros and mustangs are getting old,i'll be ready to dance in a couple of month's,WHEN DOES SEASON 2 START?

Mr.VENGEANCE
04-03-2013, 03:30 AM
I think they drive like this to give the Imports a chance to win. If the muscle cars always won, it wouldn't be a good show

Yes it would...
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

HectorM52
04-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks to Jeff for the link. Not sure where it went.

patriot68
04-09-2013, 06:07 AM
it seems like the mustang brothers get their asses handed to them every time

stage2ROUSH
04-09-2013, 06:33 AM
last nights show was awsome, the last race was sooooo close, as always so impressed with Kyle
s driving ability the last corner move was awsome !! THAT was the " move of the race" as they do watching Grand Am racing . love this show

GrabberGT
04-09-2013, 06:55 AM
With the way Kyle passed the S2000 there during the last lap made it appear he was just toying with him.

shortrack
04-09-2013, 07:57 AM
With the way Kyle passed the S2000 there during the last lap made it appear he was just toying with him.

def toying with him.....loved it.

shoulda' went out and just buried him.....you know that's what they would have done if the tables were turned.

was that the last episode?