PDA

View Full Version : questions on "Jegster" suspension components

xs650shawn
12-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Has anybody used any of the "Jegster" suspension stuff from Jegs? Looks like decent stuff at an affordable price. Was thinking of getting the adjustable upper and lower trailing arms and upper/lower front control arms (which look identical to some from Global West and Right Stuff Detailing) for my '67 Skylark. Curious if they are of any quality. How does this combo sound with Eibach springs, Hotchkis or Hellwig sway bars, and KYB shocks as a budget setup? I am still open to ideas, so please feel free to share some if you have them.

19,69camaro
12-05-2012, 07:49 AM
I would first off ask what is wrong with your current setup and what you can do to fix it. Also what are these parts going to do? Will they improve suspension geometry, decrease bind?
There are a tone of threads out there on what you can do to improve these cars. Read up and before you know if you will be able spot bs parts a mile away. ( btw not saying anything about jegs stuff as I have no experience)
A good place to start would be to listen to what Marcus from SC&C has to say. I have no personal experience, but from what I have read he has always given very sound advice.

Zoomin
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I looked at Jegs stuff for my 66 Skylark, and if you notice they don't offer any information about camber or caster change. Without that info, you don't know what you're getting. There's some good reading on handling for Buicks over at V8Buick.com.

FWIW, I wound up going with UMI arms with tall ball joints.

UMI Tech
12-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Like Zoomin mentioned, we have some critical geometry changes up front from our base arms, up to 1.4 inch additional spindle height for handling. All of our uppers improve caster for improved steering feel.

Our products are designed, driven, tested, and manufactured right here in Philipsburg, PA - USA.

Our entry level Stage 2 kit puts your car on a brand new solid platform and greatly improves handling and driveability.
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_253_277&products_id=586

We can mix and match components to meet your budget needs as well.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

thx

ramey

Has anybody used any of the "Jegster" suspension stuff from Jegs? Looks like decent stuff at an affordable price. Was thinking of getting the adjustable upper and lower trailing arms and upper/lower front control arms (which look identical to some from Global West and Right Stuff Detailing) for my '67 Skylark. Curious if they are of any quality. How does this combo sound with Eibach springs, Hotchkis or Hellwig sway bars, and KYB shocks as a budget setup? I am still open to ideas, so please feel free to share some if you have them.