PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Heidt's Performance Car Challenge

Bill Howell
12-04-2012, 03:10 PM
OK guys, this announcement has been in the works since about SEMA, but we want to make it official. The 2013 Heidt's Performance Car Challenge will be one of the American Street Car Series events! How cool is that. Many of you have already been to Autobahn before and we look forward to doing an event there now. The official dates are May 10-12, 2013. We will have registration up hopefully before the end of the year and host hotel information also. Watch for upcoming information about the event and be sure to set that weekend aside. We promise this one will be a large time with some surprises in store. We will see you there.

dropit69
12-05-2012, 08:16 AM
i am off that weekend and about an hour from Autobahn with a shop with a lift in case anyone needs work done and a truck and trailer and winch available..!!!..and a cold Fridge ..lol

tommycomfort
12-05-2012, 09:15 AM
We plan to be there. Maybe even rent a motor home and bring Mom for some Mother's Day ride alongs.

protour73
12-05-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm all over this one for all 3 days, Autobahn is an awesome circuit for those that missed the last Heidt's event.....don't miss this one!!!

James OLC
12-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I think we'll try to be there... One Lap ends Saturday so we'll have to see what kind of shape we're in...

If anyone wants to to tag along on some transit driving or stop by on your way to Autobahn, we'll be at Carolina Motorsports Park (and the BMW Test Center) on Wednesday, Virginia International Raceway on Thursday, and the Pittsburg International Race Complex on Friday. We should be back in South Bend Friday night at something close to the cocktail hour...

mpozzi
12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
It'll have to be as spectators, James ... DAMN.

Mary P.

Jim Nilsen
12-06-2012, 05:54 PM
It'll have to be as spectators, James ... DAMN.

Mary P.

Hi Mary, as long as I make to the event you can spectate from my passenger seat and I would like to take Dave for a ride too if he can show up. Spectator LOL.

mpozzi
12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
That'll work, Jim. We get finished with OLoA on that Saturday afternoon. Could make Sunday's events ...

Mary P.

Badger
12-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Great to hear!! The 2011 event was a blast, I'll definetaly be adding this to the calendar!

TheJDMan
12-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Is there an event schedule posted somewhere? I would like to see what the weekend is all about. I used to live in Yorkville IL and still have friends there who I have not seen for a few years. This far out I can probably schedule the week off.

Bill Howell
12-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Steve,
No schedule yet and for a reason. However, basically a cruise on Friday, track day Saturday and Sunday. Car show on Saturday that will be separate from track cars, but those guys will get some paced laps just to get them on the track.
Host Hotel announcement will be soon.
I would suggest arriving at the hotel on Thursday as Friday will be at least a half day trek.

Mark -G-
12-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Great to hear all around! Event, participation, location, .... Its a have to on my list for sure. Looking forward to seeing everybody trackside! :smoke:

Mike@Heidts
12-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Insider info alert! It looks like we will have 2 complete days (Saturday and Sunday) on Autobahns north track, 2 days of autocross and a car show, all happening at the same time. Get off the big track and head over to the autocross track for some laps. While all of this is happening the "members" will be running their exotics on the south track. Tell your friends to come by, this will be a great spectator event and an even better driver event.

protour73
12-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Insider info alert! It looks like we will have 2 complete days (Saturday and Sunday) on Autobahns north track, 2 days of autocross and a car show, all happening at the same time. Get off the big track and head over to the autocross track for some laps. While all of this is happening the "members" will be running their exotics on the south track. Tell your friends to come by, this will be a great spectator event and an even better driver event.

Are you kidding me? 2 full days on the North track AND 2 full days of autocross?

Looks like I'll be needing new tires AND brake pads after this party!!

James and Mary, you have to be able to make it now!!!

71duster
12-23-2012, 01:51 PM
we are going to try to make this event this year! probably have the only moper there as well as usual. lol!

Jim Nilsen
12-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Are you kidding me? 2 full days on the North track AND 2 full days of autocross?

Looks like I'll be needing new tires AND brake pads after this party!!

James and Mary, you have to be able to make it now!!!

Make sure you BRING the extra set of pads so you don't end up watching because of that special grinding sound!!!!!

howehot
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered and paid.

Jim Nilsen
01-13-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm in. saw the email to register this morning.

tflyboy77
01-19-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm booked and paid. Now I just have to get the car back together.

PT Sportwagon
01-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Well I wish it was a little later in the year. May is still school time and the wife works at the school. Look foward to seeing picts etc from the event

Tim

tflyboy77
05-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Does anyone know what time everything starts on Friday? I was looking for a schedule of events with times on when everything is going on. Ive got Three cars coming up for the festivities and we were trying to plan ahead.

tommycomfort
05-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know what time everything starts on Friday? I was looking for a schedule of events with times on when everything is going on. Ive got Three cars coming up for the festivities and we were trying to plan ahead.

Although I can't seem to find the timeline anywhere online, I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that the Heidts open house starts at 10:30. We are still debating leaving Thursday evening, or really early Saturday morning.

tflyboy77
05-05-2013, 08:27 AM
I guess well be leaving really early Friday morning. I've found the schedule for last year and the tour started at 3:30 I think.

Bad94
05-05-2013, 12:02 PM

Got this from the last email they sent me...
Last minute details and reminders

It's almost time for the HPCC event and we wanted to throw out a couple of things that are important for racer attendees.

1) Tech Sheets

A few weeks ago we sent out an email with a link to the Tech sheet included here. Please complete it before the event and bring it with you to either the BBQ Friday May 10th in the afternoon (preferably) or to the gate when you arrive at 7 am Saturday May 11 (or May 12th if you are racing only that day). If you are planning to tech in at the Friday BBQ, we would like to hear from you so we can plan accordingly with the proper number of staff members - and food/beverages - to cover the crowd. Send us an email at [email protected] to reserve a spot.

2) BBQ Friday

The BBQ day is May 10th and will begin with plant tours at the current Heidts facility at 111 Kerry Lane in Wauconda, IL starting at 10:30am and ending at 1pm. From there, visitors can head over to the new facility (maps will be provided - it is only a 15 minute drive) for the BBQ luncheon and vehicle tech in. It is advisable to complete tech in Friday afternoon to speed your processing Saturday morning. Bill Howell and his team from ASCS will determine the competition class you will be running for the weekend.

Im not sure what time we are leaving on Friday, Its a about a 6 hour drive to Heidts place.

tflyboy77
05-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks so much Bad94. That's exactly what I was looking for.

protour73
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Got this email today:

Hot News from Heidts Performance Car Challenge!

Along with a great weekend of car show and racing fun, Heidts and its "friends" have come up with some amazing prizes to be raffled off at the Forgeline reception party (light hor d'oeuvres only) Saturday evening (starting at 6 pm) at the HPCC host hotel Holiday Inn in Joliet, IL.

While you may have heard about the incredibility generous Nitto Tires raffle prize of a free set of any tires Nitto sells to the lucky drawing winner, the list of additional prizes has grown immense. As of this date, here are the prizes you could win that evening:

Edelbrock - $100 gift certificate for Edelbrock products
Johns Industry - one free differential third member
Sweet Manufacturing - two free U-joints
Street and Performance 50% off any set of header
Sanderson headers - $415.00 towards a purchase of any set of headers
Tanks Ins -Yogis - $250 off any gas tank purchase
Undercover Innovations - Two gift certificates
IDIDIT - $369.00 off a steering column purchase
Wheel fit - one gift certificate good for $379.99 towards tool purchase
Forgeline Wheels - one free Forgeline Jacket
Raffle tickets will be given out to racing event participants at the door as they enter the reception starting at 7 p.m. The prizes will be raffled off throughout the evening culminating with the Nitto tire giveaway at the end of the evening. You must be there to win!

SPECIAL NOTE - For the Go Karting event Friday evening, it was mistakenly reported that the price was $25 for an hour of racing. The correct information is that $25 for 15 minutes of kart racing. We apologize for this inaccuracy. We still hope to see you there.