PDA

View Full Version : Where Is KEISLER ENGINEERING?????

badazz81z28
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Members,

Anyone know if something is up with them? I have been trying to get a hold of them for over a month now. I have called, left messaged and emailed them numerous times. Nothing...

V/R

dontlifttoshift
12-03-2012, 10:15 AM
sigh.....Sadly that's how they roll. Email and phone messages are a waste of time with them. I did find out they also have caller ID and have avoided calls from me in the past. Here is what I did after getting a similar runaround, you must be willing to devote some time to it if you want any satisfaction. Call, relentlessly, I would leave a message in the morning and allow a couple of hours to give them the opportunity to call back. After that I called every 15 minutes, never leaving a message, eventually they answer in order to maintain their sanity. If they didn't answer by the end of the day I would leave another message so that I was first in the que the next morning and again allow a couple of hours and begin the ridiculous process again.

I am a pretty patient guy and understand that people are busy and that I may not be a priority but after my last experience with them, Keisler ensured that it would be, in fact, my last experience with them.......all for the same reasons that you started this thread.

If Keisler owned every manual transmission in the world I would run a powerglide before I bought a transmission from them.

badazz81z28
12-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Well that stinks....They were gracious enough to make me a bushing for my pedal to run their hydraulic clutch, but the one they sent me was nowhere right...I can't hook up the MC without this bushing

I don't think I have to time to ring their ear off lol...

dstryr
12-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Whats wrong with the bushing? I can make you one cheap this weekend if you can come up with a quick sketch.

badazz81z28
12-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Whats wrong with the bushing? I can make you one cheap this weekend if you can come up with a quick sketch.

Basically, you know how the clutch pedal rod to bell crank hole on the pedal is about 5/8" in diameter and filled with a rubber bushing for the 1/4" rod?

Well the Keisler kit has a I want to say 8mm bolt, Obviously wayy too small to install in the pedal. Basically I need a bushing that fits in the pedal hole with the correct size hole for the bolt.

That would be killer if you could hook me up. I will send you a PM with the details. Thank you!!!

KEISLER
12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Robby,

I saw your email thread with Ben DeHaven in Customer Service / Tech Support. I see his reply to you. I will look into why you are not getting a prompt reply. We have a LIVE PHONE OPERATOR that takes all of the calls while she is on-duty/not at lunch or break. And we have 2 FULL TIME tech/customer service guys, plus the sales guys. Please email me with the address of who you are sending emails to and not get an address. We DO NOT screen calls - EVER. If I saw one of my employees doing that I would fire them. Since many of my employees have been with me for 5 years and longer, I feel I have checked their integrity. But you never know, I suppose, and people do make mistakes.

As to the pedal bushing, please sketch me a drawing of what you need and email it to me. I read your description, but a simple sketch will prevent my guys from making it correctly the second go around. I will have it made within a day or two. Hell, I will make it if I have to. Right now, I am at Precision Rod & Custom filming an install of the SS700 into a '65 Corvette. But I will be sure to look for your email on the sketch.

Everyone at KEISLER is working their tails off to ramp up production with the new SS700 which is now live. We are striving for excellent customer service and our latest hires are enthusiatic to make that happen along with the rest of us.

badazz81z28
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I appreciate your reply. I sent you all information regarding my contacts. I will sketch you a drawing.

parsonsj
12-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Moved to Feedback

dstryr
12-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Glad to see this resolved.

badazz81z28
12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Update: Keisler did well!! Here are some pictures of the bushing he made for me. You can see just how important it was. I hope my short coming brought light to this issue and these can be made avail for other 75-81 owners wanting to purchase the hydraulic clutch kit.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/Bushing1-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/Bushing2-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/12/Bushing3-1.jpg

FireMedic
01-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Hello All... has anyone experienced difficulty with their Wilwood clutch master cylinder leaking from the shaft around the seal? I purchased the complete RS400 system, including the hydraulic clutch assembly and have been plagued with leaks from the Wilwood clutch master cylinder shaft where it passes through the firewall.

Thanks.... chris