PDA

View Full Version : New axles order from Moser

gui67
11-28-2012, 10:04 AM
I am in the process of ordering new axles from Moser to remoce C-clips.
I would like confimation of the some dimensions in order not to make any mistake. (I don't have access to my axles for the moment)
I need to fill the order form here:
http://www.moserengineering.com/aitdownloadablefiles/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/76/

Could you please confirm that these values are correct for a 67 Camaro 12 bolt? (I will change the housing ends for 7900FM)
For the length, I think it is C= 29.5"
Offset: B=2,81"
hub diameter: A=70,3mm
Flange diameter: I will ask 6,25 as I will use BMW discs which have 160mm internal diameter.

I asked 33 splines to use them with a Eaton true-trac 33 splines.Is there something else specific I should take care of?

I prefer asking before making a mistake as they are custom made, it won't be possible to return them.

AmKenpo1
11-30-2012, 06:47 AM
You should let them know how far the axle needs to stick out past the 7900FM, this dim. is usually 2.832" when using GM Drum brakes.
If you plan on fabricating the caliper mount to fit, you can just order them with this dimension. The advantage will be that most aftermarket brake manufactures offer kits made to this measurement, so if you wanted to upgrade later you would be set. Good luck and have fun, be sure to post photos.

Wil.

badazz81z28
11-30-2012, 04:46 PM
I am in the process of ordering new axles from Moser to remoce C-clips.
I would like confimation of the some dimensions in order not to make any mistake. (I don't have access to my axles for the moment)
I need to fill the order form here:
http://www.moserengineering.com/aitdownloadablefiles/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/76/

Could you please confirm that these values are correct for a 67 Camaro 12 bolt? (I will change the housing ends for 7900FM)
For the length, I think it is C= 29.5"
Offset: B=2,81"
hub diameter: A=70,3mm
Flange diameter: I will ask 6,25 as I will use BMW discs which have 160mm internal diameter.

I asked 33 splines to use them with a Eaton true-trac 33 splines.Is there something else specific I should take care of?

I prefer asking before making a mistake as they are custom made, it won't be possible to return them.

Are you doing the work your self? After going through the labor and cost of rebuilding my rearend, I could have just bought a new 12 bolt from them.

gui67
11-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes, I am doing it myself.
the cost of a complete rear-end is much higher then what I will do. And shipping a complete rear-end to europe would also be too expensive compared to shipping single components.

gui67
11-30-2012, 10:36 PM
You should let them know how far the axle needs to stick out past the 7900FM, this dim. is usually 2.832" when using GM Drum brakes.
If you plan on fabricating the caliper mount to fit, you can just order them with this dimension. The advantage will be that most aftermarket brake manufactures offer kits made to this measurement, so if you wanted to upgrade later you would be set. Good luck and have fun, be sure to post photos.

Wil.

I saw that Willwood and oter brake manufacturers have kits for 2.81" offset, so I used this measurement.
I will make custom brackets for C4 corvette rear calipers with BMW discs (Corvette discs are too expensive to ship from the US)