PDA

View Full Version : 67 Camao front harness help

navyflyer72
08-03-2005, 11:49 PM
OK, I'm looking for a little help here I have a 67 Camaro with a trunk mounted Optima, a painless 18 circuit harness, a one wire high output alternator (came with the vintage air front runner), and I have seen the wiring schematic on MAD electrical, any opinions about running my front harness that way? I bought a bunch of Bosche relays to help with the headlights, a/c (vintage air genII) and the electric fan (haven't bought yet), and am really just trying to figure out the best way to wire this all up. Plus I am slightly confused on what attaches to what in the relay and motor portion of the headlight system. Help!!! Thanks.
-George :injured: :hmm:

eldogg
08-04-2005, 06:07 AM
you need to wire the relays #87 batt, #86 from headlight switch (green and tan), #30 to headlight,#87a and #85 ground. you will need a 2 relays (1 for high and 1for low). i like to use 2 bosch relays for each electric fan. it depends on what your using for activation on how you wire the fans. (let me know and i'll show you how).
Eldogg
Queen City Speed

navyflyer72
08-04-2005, 07:59 AM
I was thinking of using an electric temp switch to automatically activate the fan, or maybe have it manually turned on fron inside, but more than likely an auto electric switch, (thanks for the relay help).
-George