PDA

View Full Version : What rear end specs do i need for my DSE tubbed 69?

Nutsy
08-03-2005, 01:39 PM
I am building up a twin turbo ls2 engine that will put out close to 1000hp and need a rear end that will mate to my DSE 4-link, hold the power, and allow me to run a 6" backspaced wheel in my Mini Tubbed 69 Camaro. Is that what everyone is running for backspacing on their Mini Tubbed first gen's?

What width do i need i narrowed to?

I have been looking at Currie aluminum housings http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/ProductsRE.aspx?id=1567.

Charlie if you are around, I also was wondering what rear end is the Mule using, is it still the Currie Aluminum housing with 3" tubes? What kind of axels? What kind of diff? still a trutrac?

I think i am pretty hell bent on going with a 9" solution. What else am i going to need... i just want to get my 4-link in their and have the car rolling again.

Thanks,

Trev

Roadrage David
08-25-2005, 10:14 PM
i got 17x11x315, with 7 inch backspaceing with the dse mini tub kit .with a uncut moser 12 bold 33 spline axel with 3.42 ratio . with 1000 hp i would go for 35 /40 spline and 3.08 ratio prosuming you have a bullit proof manual 4 ore 5 speed .

astroracer
08-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Actually, the wheel back spacing is up to you. Do you have the tires and wheels? If not get them before you order the rear end. This way you can set them in place, optimize the gap to the fender lip and then measure between the mounting faces to get the "over the brakes" total rear end width. You will also need to have your brakes on hand so you can reverse engineer to get the total "housing" width. Curries site walks you through all of this as you probably know, so contact them when you have your numbers.
I wouldn't order the housing until you have all of the related hardware on hand to very your numbers.
Mark