PDA

View Full Version : 67-69 Hotchkis TVS with Bilstein Shocks - What's it worth?

GeoffP
11-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I have the full Hotchkis TVS with the specially valved Bilstein shocks that I am considering selling. The whole setup has about 3,000-4,000 mi at the most. The reason I'm selling is because I'm planning to change my whole suspension setup for something more adjustable (RideTech). Does anyone have any input in what would be a fair selling price? I think I paid around $1600 for the whole setup, $1200 for the TVS and $100 per shock plus shipping and tax. From what I can tell the going rate for the TVS online is just under $1300 plus $120ish per shock. The only thing I can't include in the setup is the bushings that press into the frame as I'm sure I would have to tear them up to get them out because they were so tight going in. The application is 67-69 Camaro and the kit includes 1.5" leaf springs, heavy duty shackles, 2" coil springs, front and rear sway bars, all the hardware, plus I'll throw in the tie rods along with the Hotchkis adjustment sleeves. I even have at least a couple tubes of the included bushing grease that are unopened that I'll throw in too.

Please let me know your opinions as I want to price the parts fairly.

Thanks!!

GeoffP
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
61 views and no thoughts... might just put the whole setup on eBay after I get the oil leak in my truck fixed. Shipping would be cost prohibitive though due to the weight and size of the front sway bar and leaf springs.

BonzoHansen
11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
used cuts it a bit. i just saw a 2nd gen tvs NIB on Craigslist for $900 no shocks. IMO $1000

GeoffP
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I could definitely go $1000. I will be removing the parts over the next few weeks and will list it all for sale unless I make a deal with someone to pull everything sooner. I'm still waiting on whatever deals RideTech is going to announce for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday before I order anything (hint, hint RideTech guys!).

Inca_68
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I could be interested in the TVS w/o shocks. Where you located? oops. I need BBC front springs.

GeoffP
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm near Augusta, Georgia. I don't mind shipping but I think it might be cost prohibitive? I'm not interested (yet) in breaking the kit up unless someone steps up wanting the shocks separately at the same time.

Henshman
11-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Don't mean to hijack...I have same setup and like it for the street...looking to use an 18", 9.5 wide wheel with 4.5 offset on my 69 nova? Not tubbed...any thoughts?
I appreciate any info

GeoffP
11-27-2012, 07:51 PM
It might be better to start a new thread since your car is a Nova. I don't know what offsets work with Novas (or Camaros for that matter) since I haven't researched it.