PDA

View Full Version : Ridetechs New Q Series Shocks

BigMikeIndy
10-30-2012, 11:07 AM
If your like me your at work or home on the net not getting to enjoy the SEMA show like many others who enjoy our lifestyle or industry. So I figure no better place than here to fill you in on the new Q series shocks we are releasing at the show.

Nothing influences how your car rides and handles more than shock absorbers. If you could pick only one thing to change on your car to get the most overall improvement…upgrade the brains of your suspension…the shocks!
Ridetech’s new smooth body shocks are an important step in suspension technology. With its compact design, smooth body shocks were precisely developed to fit into a variety of stock shock locations, opening up Ridetech’s shock line to several new hot rod applications. This meaning builders can now upgrade their ride quality without reworking their entire suspension design.
Using the same monotube design as the ShockWave and Ridetech Coilover, new smooth body shocks are developed with a significantly larger piston. When compared to a twin tube design, the Ridetech monotube shock provides approximately 150% additional effective oil control surface area, giving it the advantage when damping suspension travel. In addition, the monotube design supplies a more efficient oil flow path that leads to cooler operating temperatures and consistent performance in extreme environments.
To develop the shock, Ridetech hooked up with Fox Racing Shocks, a brand who has had its hands in the bicycle, motorcycling, offroad, and military markets for over 35 years. Fox and RideTech both have had plenty of experience testing, developing and refining the entire ride quality and handling aspect of suspension design, so this shock not only fits…it works!

SSninja
11-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Very cool!

Quick question for you though: Will those be provided with a dust boot to cover and protect the shaft?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little wary of that being exposed to the elements when used with a street car...

marolf101x
11-01-2012, 01:05 PM
The shaft is extremely durable; we've not had a single seal failure from shaft damage on our coil overs.
So you will be fine unless you tend to follow rally cars on gravel.